Glad to be gone

United States

#21 Jul 9, 2008
Can you tell us what the surgery was for and if he was conscious? This is very sad.. Logan was always such a sweet boy..
Latest

United States

#22 Jul 9, 2008
He took a hard hit to the head. I don't know details of the surgery, but sounds like they were mostly checking to see how much damage was done and to repair what they could at this point. They have kept him sedated since the accident to get the swelling under control and to reduce the stress and strain on his body right now. Everyone seems very optimistic so far.
wanted to know

AOL

#23 Jul 9, 2008
Thank you for the update. I'm very thankful that he seems to be doing so well.
in our prayers

Quitman, AR

#24 Jul 9, 2008
Yeah his swelling is down. They thought they would have problems with his nasal cavity and his left eye but they fixed his nasal cavity and the surgeon said that his eye will be just fine. They replaced the fractured bone in his skull with a metal plate. The surgeon said that when he wakes up he will be extremely sore and a little disoriented but other than that he will be doing just fine. They said HOPEFULLY just a couple weeks of rehab and he'll make it through. He is tough. He always bounces back! But if they let us know anything else Ill let ya'll know. Thanks.
T L S

Little Rock, AR

#25 Jul 10, 2008
Thank you for the updates. I will continue to pray for him and his family. Prayer and their faith in the Lord is what will get them through this and bring him home. Trust me, I know. I went through something this year w/ my own and pray brought him home healthy. GOD bless all of the Smith Family.
in my prayer

Rose Bud, AR

#26 Jul 10, 2008
i've known logan for so long and his family and he will definatly be in my prayers also his family and brittany will be in my prayers.....
everyday prayer

Rose Bud, AR

#27 Jul 10, 2008
I pray for Logan everyday and I hope you will too .. God will be there for him. Him and his family are having a very hard time so please...PRAY!
god will help him

Faridabad, India

#28 Jul 11, 2008
I wish the best for him and his family. May god bless them all.
Pray Harder

Faridabad, India

#29 Jul 11, 2008
This morning Logan was put on a ventalator because he was havin a little trouble breathing and they want to try to prevent him from gettin pneumonia. He now has a temp of 101.6 and his pressure on his brain went from 9 to 38. They are slowly taking him off sedation so he is slowly coming to and they are gradually increasing his pain medicines so when he wakes up he won't hurt as bad. But don't give up praying please.. God is with him! Thanks.
TLJ

Cleveland, GA

#30 Jul 11, 2008
I just want the Smith Family to know that they are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for a full recovery for Logan. May God Bless Your Family in Your Time of Need
Amen

United States

#31 Jul 11, 2008
Thanks for the update. Please keep this forum 'posted' on his condition and progress. Our God is a mighty and powerful God and will see Logan and his family through this tremendous tragedy.
Pray Even Harder

Hawi, HI

#32 Jul 11, 2008
We just talked to Christy earlier and He is getting put back on the sedation madication. The "doctors" not God! say that he has pneumonia now. We just need to pray that God give him favor over the sickness!
just me

United States

#33 Jul 11, 2008
I am definately praying for him and his family. I'm so glad there are people on here updating his condition so everyone can know how he is doing.
Mike_Christy

Memphis, TN

#34 Jul 12, 2008
As most of you know, on Monday Logan had a serious motorcycle accident. He was alone on the bike, and it being his first time to ever ride one, he didn't know how to operate it properly. It was just one of those "I'm eighteen and invincible moments." We have all been there. He was taken by AirEvac to "The Med" formerly called Elvis Presley Trauma Center in Memphis.
Mike_Christy

Memphis, TN

#35 Jul 12, 2008
Shortly after arrival they put what they call a "bolt" in his head to measure his Inter-cranial pressure (ICP). It is important that this number stays below 20. Praise God it has most of the time!
On Wednesday he had surgery to repair some of the fractures and the dura (the leathery lining around the brain). The worst fracture was depressed and putting pressure on his brain, so it was neccessary to remove that part of the skull and the resulting fragments and add a titanium plate to reconstruct this area above his left eyebrow. There was an opthamology surgeon with the team as well, and again PRAISE GOD there was no damage to his optic nerve or eye! There was a significant tear of the dura which they sewed up and patched which is necessary to keep spinal fluid from leaking out around the brain. They also repaired his sinus cavity, which was crushed on the left side and leaving an opening directly to the brain. This was repaired and packed off. These last two I mentioned make him susceptible to developing bacterial meningitis, but they are watching for that and prepared to treat him as needed.
Mike_Christy

Memphis, TN

#36 Jul 12, 2008
I know there have been a lot of rumors going around so I just want to explain a few things. He does spike a fever, but it always comes back down and it has never gone over 103. He is on a ventilator to help him breathe so he doesn't have to do so much work. When he came in he was breathing over the ventilator and taking more breaths on his own. There are periods of time that he takes no breaths on his own, but that is to be expected, because of the deep sedation. The doctors have also explained to us that he is NOT in a coma. They have him heavily sedated so his brain won't try to do anything while it heals. Again it is vital that his ICP's stay stable. The damage is to the frontal lobes and mostly to the left. The left side of his brain is deeply bruised and it just takes time for that to heal.
Logan is in TICU, Trauma Intensive Care Unit. We are able to visit him four times a day 9am, 1pm, 5pm and 9pm, for 30 to 40 minutes at a time. Not being able to stay with him is really hard for Michael and I so please pray for us as well. He is getting outstanding care, and we believe God will give Logan a complete and miraculous healing. Michael and I pray that this accident will impact the kids in Doniphan and help them to see how precious life is and how important it is to make smart choices. We pray that parents and families will see that their relationships with family and others are SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than all the things of the world that distract us. We believe Logan will be a tremendous witness for Christ and can't wait to hear his testimony! We just ask that you hug your loved ones and let them know daily how important they are to you. Pray for our precious Logan and believe that God is guiding the Doctors and nurses in every decision they make and know that none of this catches Him off guard. He is prepared to take care of anything that happens.
Mike_Christy

Memphis, TN

#37 Jul 12, 2008
We also ask that you pray for Taylor and Micah. This is their "Bub" and they love him so much. It's hard having Logan hurt, but it makes it worse by not having Mom and Dad there to comfort them. Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles are taking good care of them and we are so thankful for a loving and supportive family. Michael and I are staying at the Red Roof Inn right now and will stay down here for the duration. If anyone is coming to Memphis and wants to stop by, we would love to see you, just call our cell phones so we can tell you where to find us.
a friend

United States

#38 Jul 12, 2008
i am glad that you are posting here i do not know logan but my brother does sonny,josh,cody,regina and they call me every day to find out how logan is doing and everyone is praying for a speedy recovery.i pray for strenght in numbers ....god's speed logan....
dae dae

Clarkesville, GA

#39 Jul 12, 2008
I don't know logan, but he graduated with my nephew, Kye. I pray for you and logan and for the doctors and nurses that are taking care of him. Thank you for the update with the correct info. May God bless you and be with you and your family and give you strength through this time.
ZAC_SHORT

United States

#40 Jul 12, 2008
We just want to know that our prayers are with all of you! Especially Logan. We are always anxious for new news about him and are hoping and praying that he DOES have a full recovery as the doctors are expecting. We are getting updates from everyone, but it is nice to get the facts for sure from the two of you. We are here for you if there is anything you need. Whether you need info about memphis such as where to eat/shop, advice, or if you just need to talk to someone such as my parents that have been in a slightly similar situation. Our prayers are with all of you and we know that you all will make it through this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meagan smith 9 hr the true stilfer 6
James Hough 11 hr Looking for the t... 1
Tanya from Puxico 14 hr the true stilfer 5
Creepy man looking for dead girl calls himself ... Sun Hanna 2 8
Curious Sun Needtoknow 2
Panhandlers Aug 19 Jill 59
Any unsolved murders in Doniphan? (Aug '08) Aug 19 Staci swiney 44

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance