Shawn Boyd? good attorney?

Posted in the Doniphan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mo_girl

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Jan 19, 2009
wondering if Shawn Boyd is a good person for an attorney?
faith

Neelyville, MO

#2 Jan 19, 2009
mo_girl wrote:
used him for my divorce and he was fine. Very cheap and willing to work with you on money. I hear is good at defense also.
great

Doniphan, MO

#3 Jan 19, 2009
i think he is the best. he sure knows how to get the best for his clients. especially in custody/visitation cases. wanna get the trash out of your life go see him. he won't back down and will fight tooth and nail for his client in any case. his case load and wins in the court room speak for themselves.
joke

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Its pretty bad when he books 2 court cases in the same day. And has to cancel one of them. Good luck getting ahold of him. Knew someone that was gonna use him as a lawyer but he would never get back to them. To bad for him he lost that client.
fyi

Ford City, PA

#5 Jan 20, 2009
I used Shawn back when he worked for Bloodworth he was great, but I have recently tried calling him and nobody ever answers the phone. I also had to use a different lawyer
I used him

United States

#6 Jan 20, 2009
I used Shawn Boyd back in 2002 and I lost my ass because he was too busy and had way too much on his plate to stop and deal with my case I lost custody of my daughter to a drug head and a bar hoppin ho. I kept having to give him money he said to file paper work There never was any paper work filed in my name. in my opinion he sucks and I would NEVER tell ANYONE to ever use him if they really want to win their case But if you have money to throw away then by all means throw it his way i'm sure he could us it on his house and bills and kids and wife . But you can bet I never will again even if he is the only attorney in town and neither will any of my family or friends.
itry

Faridabad, India

#7 Jan 20, 2009
He was my ex's lawyer and I got what I wanted. He may not have worked for her, but I was satisfied.
Jabba

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 20, 2009
I used Shawn for my divorce, and he was top notch, he handled it very professionally, and exactly as I wanted. He made sure all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed. I will use him again if needed. He can be hard to get in touch with sometimes. He works all over Southern Missouri. Just keep trying, you'll get him.
WOW

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jan 20, 2009
Can you all truly name ONE good lawyer in Doniphan if you can they did a good job pulling your leg LOL
haha

New Bethlehem, PA

#10 Jan 20, 2009
you want a bad lawyer just open the phone book
meemee

Cuba, MO

#11 Jan 22, 2009
I've just hired Shawn, From what I hear he's a darn good att.. the only problem I have is catching him in his office to pay him.:)
meemee

Cuba, MO

#12 Jan 23, 2009
From what I hear he is always in Court fighting for his clients. Your lucky if your his client! He's not GOD, he can only do so much, the rest is up to his client, and the evidence.

Thanks MR . Boyd
my thoughts

Doniphan, MO

#13 Jan 23, 2009
My thoughts on Shawn Boyd are very simple. He done his best on some things. Other things he does is not so great. My husband just went through with child custody court. Shawn was his laywer and did nothing to prevent his son from going back to a woman who is not fit to take care of him.

The other thought is why would Mr. Boyd defend a man for shaking a child when the evidence proved it. I guess it has to do with making money but hey it's his job. It may not be right but that's Ripley County for everyone.

Just to let everyone know it probably had to do with Steven Lynxwiller as well. He was the prosecuting attorney at the time who dismissed all charges against the guilty man. I don't understand that when they had all the medical and physical evidence for Shaking Baby Syndrome.
sonic chick

Neelyville, MO

#14 Jan 23, 2009
mo_girl wrote:
i think he is great. he was the lawyer for a friend of mine and he took care of a visitation case for them. he cares about kids and will go all out to get what is best for them. you may not like him and think he did you wrong but he went above and beyond for a friend of mine and her kids, he knows how to show who is fit to be around a child and who isn't. you may not like what i have to say but i know for a fact what he did for a friend of mine and i will use him if i ever need a lawyer.
My thoughts

Delight, AR

#15 Jan 24, 2009
I know that Shawn knows how to do his job. He doesn't do a very good job of getting custody or visitation rights for his male clients. He is a nice person. He needs to look into his cases more than to give the women who doesn't deserve to raise their kids. Not all women are mean or unfit to take care of their children but there are men out there to that don't take care of their children.
Interesting

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2009
I am surprised to see that no one mentioned Shawn was disbared or disciplined several years ago, causing him to at least lose his license for a while.

I looked online and can no longer find the details of the case, but I do remember he fucked up a case really bad.

Sounds like he still has problems covering all his clients from what I'm reading here. If you are having problems with him, I would suggest you file a complaint with the Missouri Bar Association.
Get a Clue

Faridabad, India

#17 Jan 26, 2009
Interesting wrote:
I am surprised to see that no one mentioned Shawn was disbared or disciplined several years ago, causing him to at least lose his license for a while.
I looked online and can no longer find the details of the case, but I do remember he fucked up a case really bad.
Sounds like he still has problems covering all his clients from what I'm reading here. If you are having problems with him, I would suggest you file a complaint with the Missouri Bar Association.
I think you must be thinking of Monte Phillips, not Shawn Boyd. Shawn has never lost his license.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#18 Feb 15, 2009
I can tell you he is no good at all and I wouldnt use him again if there was no attorney left in the world and I had to be my own attorney he will tell you he is gonna do this and that and all he does is take your money and he wont even give your paper work back to you. He is no good get someone else really fast or kiss your case goodbye.
Geez

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Feb 15, 2009
yellow kitty wrote:
I can tell you he is no good at all and I wouldnt use him again if there was no attorney left in the world and I had to be my own attorney he will tell you he is gonna do this and that and all he does is take your money and he wont even give your paper work back to you. He is no good get someone else really fast or kiss your case goodbye.
You sound like somebody who didn't pay him? I've used him a few times, and he was awesome. He did things The way I wanted, not the way he wanted.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#20 Feb 16, 2009
oh yes we paid him dearly and lost are grandson anyway even though he knew he had been beaten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patys bar (Apr '16) 8 hr Pat 8
Dollar General Wed Coupon 21
Anyone know Rachel rush Wed Just1other2guy 1
ashley haynes (Dec '09) Wed Haha 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Wed Farts 1,079
Wyatt Richmond (Oct '13) Sep 19 Maturity 8
does doniphan have hookers (Oct '08) Sep 18 Eye of the Tiger 63

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doniphan Mortgages