donettes softball
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Dilbert

Faridabad, India

#1 Sep 1, 2008
Two games played into the Fall Season schedule and two victories via shutouts (15-0 and 7-0), your Donettes softball squad needs your support. With not much fanfare as to PN news articles, radio broadcasts, pictures, nor Senior trips, your Donettes need to be seen and heard.

Come on out and see mighty perennial OFC softball powers Twin Rivers go up against a much improved and more hungrier Donettes squad tomorrow (Tuesday).

Dilbert will be there, will you?
You bet I will

Clarkesville, GA

#2 Sep 1, 2008
Yes i will be there. You are exactly right about no support. Last season our girls won 3rd place in the OFC and didn't even get their picture in the Doniphan paper. How pathetic is that? We had two girls make 2008 OFC, Jan Smith and Mary Beth Cosgrove, no picture in the paper. What is up with that? The Donettes get no coverage.

Here is a list of the games coming up for the next 2 weeks, please come out and support them.

Tuesday, Sept 2nd, 4:00 p.m. at home against Twin Rivers

Thursday, Sept 4th, 4:00 p.m. at home against Clearwater

Tuesday, Sept 9th, 4:00 p.m. at home against Saxony Lutheran(private school) this will be a very tough game for our girls

Thursday, Sept 11th, 4:00 p.m. at home against Naylor

Please come out and support our Doniphan Donettes.

GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!
1 fan

Damascus, AR

#3 Sep 1, 2008
Marybeth is an awesome pitcher!!!! Good job so far Donettes!!! They've came along ways in the past 4 years! I think you guys will do great this year!
Marybeth Cosgrove

Damascus, AR

#4 Sep 1, 2008
Hey everyone! I just really wanna thank you guys for your support! it means alot to know that people are out there watching us and cheering us on and seeing how much we have improved over my entire high school career! We have so many great athletes on our softball team and i am just so proud of how far we have come!!!:) Jan Smith, Cassey Hart, Christin Ivy, Kailee Ware, and Katelynn Murray are great infield backup for me while i pitch,,,also Erin Pennington, Sarah Tejeda, Tayler Cline, Jessica Aden, Jessica Hassig, Ashlee Bashaw and Lexi Wilfong make it easy to rely on all the pop flies hit out to the outfield!!!Thank you again for posting our schedule for everyone to see! We need some people to come to our games and see just what we can do when we believe in our selves! THANK YOU!!!!!:)
.:*:.Marybeth Cosgrove #4 Pitcher.:*:.
Bryan Hart

Greenbrier, AR

#5 Sep 1, 2008
keep up the good work

“Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time”

Since: Aug 08

Doniphan, MO

#6 Sep 2, 2008
See you at the park!
You bet I will

Commerce, GA

#7 Sep 2, 2008
Hey Hey Hey, our Doniphan Donettes just defeated Twin Rivers by a score of 4 to 3. Congratulations to our Donettes. Keep it up, you all are gonna go far this year.

Come out Thursday at 4 to see your Donettes take on Clearwater.

WoooooooooooooHooooooooooooo

That's right, Our Donettes Are Bad To Da Bone. hehehehehehe

GO DONETTES!!!!!!!!!!

“Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time”

Since: Aug 08

Doniphan, MO

#8 Sep 2, 2008
Dude! That is awesome. Twin Rivers is no cupcake, that's for sure. I wanted to go today, but I got busy and couldn't.
Daddy-o

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Sep 2, 2008
GO Donettes.....
Marybeth

Coffeyville, KS

#10 Sep 2, 2008
Hey everyone,,,,i was gonna try to be the first one to let out the great news, but ppl already beat me to it :) THATS OKAY!!! we were sooooo happy....we seniors have waited 4 years to make this happen, and we finally did!!! Twin Rivers is a great team though, they worked hard, but i guess we were just a little more "hungry" than they were :) lol.
.:*:.Marybeth Cosgrove #4 Pitcher.:*:.
Dilbert

Faridabad, India

#11 Sep 2, 2008
I was there - did anyone notice? Probably not.

Yes, we won 4-3. Can anyone tell me when was the last time the softball squad beat TR? Hmm, I don't know.

I think there was three triples. Centerfielder (oh my gosh can she catch), leftfielder (awesome player), and shortstop.

A few mistakes (mental) by ... well, play as one you win as one.

Dilbert will be there Thursday. Will you?
Donnettes Fan

United States

#12 Sep 2, 2008
Marybeth pitched one heck of a game, not to mention, her teammates had her back on defense. Very Very Very good game, I think the Donnettes can whoop whoever steps out on the field with them!!!
Dilbert

Faridabad, India

#13 Sep 2, 2008
OH! I had forgotten, my mistake. Many, many THANK YOU to the softball supporters who sold drinks and snacks at today's game!

Yes, we all commented on the game but we all did fail to mention the parents.
Thank You

Lexington, OK

#14 Sep 3, 2008
Thank you Dilbert. Seems like the girls always get put on the back burner, so at least a concession stand was done. Didn't have the traditional hot dogs and popcorn, but i thought they did do a great job with they did have.
Dilbert

Faridabad, India

#15 Sep 3, 2008
You're welcome THANK YOU but did you see this weeks PN? Sure...mention the boys and show four photos.

Tell me, how many photos of our girls? How about how many articles of our girls who not only played last Monday and Thursday of last week (winning both) and how many photos or articles did they get in PN?

(exhale)

Okay...(breathe)...anyone know what the protocol is? Meaning, how does PN personnel get the write ups or photos to print? Does a parent of volunteer send in the info? Coach?

And, how can we get the scoreboard to work?

“Creative Images Photography”

Since: Sep 08

Fairdealing

#16 Sep 3, 2008
Congraduations to the Girls....You did a great job. I'm going to send some of my pictures in the Prospect News.
Dilbert

Faridabad, India

#17 Sep 3, 2008
You go Annie "get your gun". Next time take one of me so others can say, "Hey Dilbert, you do exist".
softballcrazy

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2008
When do you play Couch? Is it at home or away?
Dilbert

Faridabad, India

#19 Sep 5, 2008
PN printed the schedule. An away game on August 22nd.
Well

Damascus, AR

#20 Sep 6, 2008
softballcrazy wrote:
When do you play Couch? Is it at home or away?
The girls play Couch at Couch on September 22nd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can you coach at school without degree? (May '13) 6 hr Francis 27
need an honest mechanic (Apr '12) 6 hr Guest 14
Sheriff Department Changes 19 hr support 5
dhs 22 hr haha 9
license bureau (May '09) Tue Guest 23
Matt Rhynes (Jun '16) Mon yeah 16
Holly Degroot Mon Old friend 1

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance