Doniphan, Mo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

Tell me why it is that everyone in this town knows that the ripley county youth have NOTHING.

This community offer nothing for the kids to do on a Saturday afternoon or Saturday evening. We complain because of all the mischief they get into. But tell me; what does a child normally do when bored out of theur mind. Get in trouble.

I have lived here going on thirty years. I went to the Doniphan School.(LOL) I roamed Ripley County on the weekends and during the summer for something to do. Now I'm watching my teenagers do the same. If I was in a position to start something myself, I would. But there are plenty of people and companies who owe a whole helluva lot to this town and I think the children should benefit from this.

I'm not talking new basketball uniforms or scoreboards for the athletic groups, but something all the kids, of all ages and kinds can benefit from.

Come on Doniphan. Quit talking and start doing!!
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Ripley Rat wrote:
Tell me why it is that everyone in this town knows that the ripley county youth have NOTHING.
This community offer nothing for the kids to do on a Saturday afternoon or Saturday evening. We complain because of all the mischief they get into. But tell me; what does a child normally do when bored out of theur mind. Get in trouble.
I have lived here going on thirty years. I went to the Doniphan School.(LOL) I roamed Ripley County on the weekends and during the summer for something to do. Now I'm watching my teenagers do the same. If I was in a position to start something myself, I would. But there are plenty of people and companies who owe a whole helluva lot to this town and I think the children should benefit from this.
I'm not talking new basketball uniforms or scoreboards for the athletic groups, but something all the kids, of all ages and kinds can benefit from.
Come on Doniphan. Quit talking and start doing!!
ARE YOU ON DRUGS THERE IS A LOT TO DO GET REAL!!!!
A DAD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

It sounds as if KKK is non working sit on his ass welfare drawing know it all. KKK has not a clue

“About to Hit The Fan”

Since: Mar 08

Doniphan, Mo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

KKK wrote:
<quoted text>ARE YOU ON DRUGS THERE IS A LOT TO DO GET REAL!!!!
Tell me then Mr. Are You On Drugs, what? What do you suggest the kids do? Have a suggestion or just smart mouth?
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Ripley Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me then Mr. Are You On Drugs, what? What do you suggest the kids do? Have a suggestion or just smart mouth?
GET OUT OF THE TRAILER PARK AND LOOK AROUND WE HAVE A BOWLING CENTER,THREE PARKS,THE RIVER,FOOT BALL ,SOCCER AND BASEBALL IN SUMMER I CAN GO ON AND ON GET YOUR KIDS OFF THE VIDEO GAMES AND GO OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!!
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

A DAD wrote:
It sounds as if KKK is non working sit on his ass welfare drawing know it all. KKK has not a clue
YOU MUST OF ROAD THE SMALL BUS!!!!!!! FUNNY
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

I LOVE THIS TOWN OF DONIPHAN MO. IF YOU DONT LIKE GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.

“About to Hit The Fan”

Doniphan, Mo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Judged:

First of all we are not neighbors, I don't live in a trailer.

Second, all kids are not jocks. Sports do not interest everybody. The river is damn near frozen. Try getting around all the adults at the bowling center; who don't want all the kids there as it is.

Thank God that here in another month they can start fishing and such.

And just what do you suggest my 15 year old do at the parks? Swing on the swings? Get real. That is fine for my 8 year old.

It's not the 8 yr olds and jocks that are getting into trouble. They are covered. So what about the rest of them.

Have you been to the river lately? I am raising three girls. I don't want my 17 and 15 year old girls at the river with all the Meth and drunk idiots that frequent our beautiful river. I care about my kids and I believe there are others that care too.

I have lived here for 30 years and I'm not going anywhere. And I'm not going to stop wanting more for ALL our kids. And I'm not going to sit here and talk about how wonderful our town is. Duh!! It's an awesome place. But it isn't perfect. We have the wrong people in many important roles. As long as we turn a blind eye, everything is wonderful. Isn't it?

“About to Hit The Fan”

Doniphan, Mo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Judged:

KKK wrote:
I LOVE THIS TOWN OF DONIPHAN MO. IF YOU DONT LIKE GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.
Just out of curiousity. If you love Doniphan so much what are you doing in Texas. Do you have group showers there?
doniphan resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

KKK wrote:
<quoted text>ARE YOU ON DRUGS THERE IS A LOT TO DO GET REAL!!!!
not everybody in doniphan is on drugs i get so tired of hearing this shit kkk why dont you get a real life and name as far as that going there is nothing wrong with COLOR (black or white, purple or green)

Adona, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

Suggestion would be to form a group of adults with teenage children about the age of your children. Meet every two weeks and allow the kids to select the activities they wish to do. Adults have no say in what they do other then making sure its safe and affordable. Adults would be responsible for transportation and funds.

The main focus must be on the kids and what they wish to do. But keep in mind kids love to be active with their parents.

You don't need an orginization in Riply County to find things for your children to be active.

Parents can assist and Coordinate the planning and implementing activitie the children agree to do as a group.

The lazy days of summer are almost here! What is your teen planned for this summer? Is he going to be lying around the house watching TV? Teens who often are bored may be at a higher risk of using alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs. The fact is that there are many positive activities they can get involved in over summer break.

Sports. Whether itís inline skating, soccer, baseball, volleyball, or tennis, playing sports can be a great way to keep your kids busy during the summer. Encourage them to join a local sports team, to go inline skating, or to play a couple rounds of HORSE with you. Itís a great way to keep your teen drug free and spend quality time with him/her. Check out your local parks and recreation department for more information.

Spectator events. Some teens enjoy cheering for their favorite team from the sidelines. Not only is it great fun, but it also teaches teens about good sportsmanship. This is a very good group activity.

Mentoring opportunities. If you have an older teen, talk to him about mentoring opportunities. Mentoring is a great way to serve our community and make a difference in both the mentorís life and younger childrenís lives. It shows teens that they can impact the lives of younger children positively by keeping them involved in activities and teaching them to stay away from alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs. For more information, visit the National Mentoring Partnership.

Volunteer opportunities. Another way teens can make a difference is through volunteer work. Encourage them to volunteer at a local community organization, such as a hospital, nursing home, or childcare center. Through volunteering, teens learn responsibility while helping others. Do you have a bored child, summer volunteering is a great way to fulfill those hours.

Outdoor activities. Teens have many options when it comes to finding something to do outdoors. Today there are amusement/theme parks throughout the United States that give teens a full day of fun. But there are other, less costly options like fishing, camping, swimming, and hiking. Teens like to do things in groups and they welcome a chance to hang out with their friends. Suggest that they toss a ball or play frisbee in a local park.

Places to go. Many places like zoos, aquariums, museums, and libraries combine fun with learning. Urge your child to check out great places in your neighborhood. A nice slow group trip down on of the many rivers. Caves all over Missouri.

Creative activities. Use the extra free time during the summer months to show your child new creative activities. Help him check out a local chess club, visit a pottery studio or arts and crafts center, or learn to play an instrument.

As you can see, there are many opportunities for teens to take part in positive activities within the community. Keeping youth busy in positive activities leads to healthy lifestyles and gives teens better things to do than using alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs. Try talking with your teen about the type of activities he/she might enjoy and encourage them to get involved and stick with it!

These are just some ideas, you and your child may have other activities, but don't let Ripley County not having an orginization in place stop you from being active with your children.
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

WHITE POWER FOR THE YOUTH OF DONIPHAN MO
LOL

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Judged:

Well Well Well, Another feel sorry for me case. Parents are created to guide and help their children. There are other things to do in this town besides sports. Let your child be in the band, choir, speech team. Join FFA, join a church with strong youth group. Encourae your kids to be in Beta Club Key Club. Let them volunteer at a Day Care.. It's your responsibility to keep your child happy. Not the towns!!!! If you don't like the way things are being done and they don't suit you.... then YOU set the example for your children and YOU do something about getting your chilren active. It is NOT Doniphan Missouri problem that you children are bored.
doniphan resident

Glenwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

KKK wrote:
WHITE POWER FOR THE YOUTH OF DONIPHAN MO
i wish somebody would stick dynamite up your a*$ because you are the most ignorant person, and hope and pray you do not have children or have an opprotunity to influence others children, you closed minded,prejudice,no good, sorry excuse for a human being.
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

It sould be a crime for people like KKK to reproduce. KKK makes trailer trash look good, it's people like you that has given Doniphan the reputation it has.
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

doniphan resident wrote:
<quoted text>i wish somebody would stick dynamite up your a*$ because you are the most ignorant person, and hope and pray you do not have children or have an opprotunity to influence others children, you closed minded,prejudice,no good, sorry excuse for a human being.
OK (BACK POWER FOR THE YOUTH OF DONIPHAN)
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

OK BLACK POWER ( FUNNY) LOL
KKK

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

IAM BLACK GET REAL
sweet livin

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

kkk is brainless!!!
tech1043

Crosbyton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Really nice job of thread jacking KKK I thought this thread was about "activities for kids"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Doniphan Forum right now

Search the Doniphan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr LIBERALS are WORTHLESS 92,174
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 3 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
timberfest 2014 cancel Fri unothathow 8
city fire dept. Fri resident 13
Kati Steele Fri Guest 4
Officer Plunket arrest juvinile place child in ... Fri hah 19
fridaynight/early saturday morning theif Fri well 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Doniphan Jobs

•••
•••