Junior Miss Pageant
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
attended pageant

Fredonia, PA

#1 Sep 4, 2008
I was at the Junior Miss Pageant and am wondering what has happen to this pageant. There use to be 3rd and 4th place and now they have taken it away. I do not feel this is fair to the girls who participated in it. I am just curious as to why this has changed since they have had these positions for ever in the past. I know there was alot of disappointed young ladies because of this.
person with comments

Whitney, TX

#2 Sep 4, 2008
I also attending the pageant I agree there has always been a 3rd & 4th runner up. Did they not have enough money to buy a trophy for the 3 & 4 runner ups well the fair book shows a 3rd & 4th winner. I know their were alot of people upset last night.
mother of tiny miss

Enola, AR

#3 Sep 4, 2008
I dont feel any of the catagories are fair my daughter did really well this year she has her own personality and got up there and did it and she has never placed in this pageant I feel that its who you know up there its the same people every year
pageant mother of jr miss

Poteau, OK

#4 Sep 4, 2008
I am appauled by the way they have rules as far as no makeup, or fake hair pieces and then the queen that won had all of this. Her mother even spray tans her for god sakes. If it was suppose to be natural Hello! this is not natural. also, what happen to 3rd and 4th place. I think this pageant needs to follow the rules. I am sure that I have other mothers who agree with me
who won

Faridabad, India

#5 Sep 4, 2008
who won?

“hey yall whats goin on”

Since: Sep 08

poplar bluff mo

#6 Sep 4, 2008
i dont know who won,,but i know that the pagents r fake..they said for the babies to be in casual wear but i know that parents dont dress their babies up in $100 or $200 outfits for everyday wear..and my grandson was in it and yea i may be a lil prejudice but he didnt even place at all and he is only 8 months old..i think it is based on who knows who in those things..
not a pageant mom

Greenbrier, AR

#7 Sep 4, 2008
I agree with the who knows who or who has the right last name thing, its usually the same people winning year after year.
how many

Glen Rose, TX

#8 Sep 4, 2008
attended pageant wrote:
I was at the Junior Miss Pageant and am wondering what has happen to this pageant. There use to be 3rd and 4th place and now they have taken it away. I do not feel this is fair to the girls who participated in it. I am just curious as to why this has changed since they have had these positions for ever in the past. I know there was alot of disappointed young ladies because of this.
How many girls were in that pageant? If maybe there were only 5 or 6 then they may not have given the 3rd and 4th runners up so that it wouldn't just leave out 1 or 2 girls that didn't get anything. If there were a quite a few then someone needs to see what is going on. I quit taking my kids there a long time ago, cause it is names that win. If they don't get a certain group of people off that board, they are not gonna have a fair.
chad haywood

Faridabad, India

#9 Sep 4, 2008
gin233 wrote:
i dont know who won,,but i know that the pagents r fake..they said for the babies to be in casual wear but i know that parents dont dress their babies up in $100 or $200 outfits for everyday wear..and my grandson was in it and yea i may be a lil prejudice but he didnt even place at all and he is only 8 months old..i think it is based on who knows who in those things..
My little girl got runner up an we was supprised cause she was wearing a shirt that was bought at wal-mart for 3 dollars an a skurt that was passed down from one of her cousins an like i said she got 1st runner up in the tiny fair queen but yes some of the stuff at the fair is weird and dont make since. good job baby girl I am proud of you.
Whatever

Greenbrier, AR

#10 Sep 4, 2008
not a pageant mom wrote:
I agree with the who knows who or who has the right last name thing, its usually the same people winning year after year.
I've always hated hearing that statement. It's happens everytime there is a pageant and someone's child or grandchild doesn't win. I have watched a few due to my neice's participation and have always been able to pick the winners by how they do on stage but most of the time, don't know their names or their families. I do however agree that if they promised most places and did not follow through then that is wrong. Go to the women that organize it and asked what happened but don't just sit on here and complain. Go to the source and try to fix it. It won't help those that were in the pageant last night but maybe it will call their attention to it for next year.
Whatever

Greenbrier, AR

#11 Sep 4, 2008
Made a mistake, meant promised MORE places.
tjones

Fredonia, PA

#12 Sep 4, 2008
how many wrote:
<quoted text>
How many girls were in that pageant? If maybe there were only 5 or 6 then they may not have given the 3rd and 4th runners up so that it wouldn't just leave out 1 or 2 girls that didn't get anything. If there were a quite a few then someone needs to see what is going on. I quit taking my kids there a long time ago, cause it is names that win. If they don't get a certain group of people off that board, they are not gonna have a fair.
I am not sure of the exact count of girls but it was over 10. My daughter placed 2nd last year and her best friend placed 3rd and I am also curious as to why the 3rd and 4th places were taken away.
milo

Glen Rose, TX

#13 Sep 4, 2008
Losers always say it's who knows who and that it's fixed. Grow up, people.
Pageant Mom

Mifflinburg, PA

#14 Sep 4, 2008
My little girl was wondering the same thing. In my opinion, this has to be one of hardest catergories to win, I mean, you have to say a speach in front a whole crowd. Umm , I don't even think they make the Miss Ripley County do that. This is by far the hardest to win, and to some of the girls that won, they just did have it, but they had a good last name. In the future I will save my money and not even bother with this . The Holmes girl places every time and IMO does not have it. I would also like to say that they said you sould so up just like you are attending the fair, no makeup. I know for a fact that the little Cunningham girl was prolly wearing a hairpiece. I don't think you show up to a fair with a hairpiece. The judges this year were bought or were nudged in some way and that's sad.
Boo Ripley County Fair. It's kinda funny , the same queen wins the Current river wins the Ripley county fair, I think that stinks, just like most of Ripley county. And I would like to add that the Miss Current river did much injustice to the litte Mischa girl, she should of placed at least.
Pageant Mom

Mifflinburg, PA

#15 Sep 4, 2008
chad haywood wrote:
<quoted text>My little girl got runner up an we was supprised cause she was wearing a shirt that was bought at wal-mart for 3 dollars an a skurt that was passed down from one of her cousins an like i said she got 1st runner up in the tiny fair queen but yes some of the stuff at the fair is weird and dont make since. good job baby girl I am proud of you.
Chad, your little girl a is doll. And her pretty eyes are enough, she won fair enough.
Fair Mom

Alto, NM

#16 Sep 5, 2008
Pageant Mom wrote:
My little girl was wondering the same thing. In my opinion, this has to be one of hardest catergories to win, I mean, you have to say a speach in front a whole crowd. Umm , I don't even think they make the Miss Ripley County do that. This is by far the hardest to win, and to some of the girls that won, they just did have it, but they had a good last name. In the future I will save my money and not even bother with this . The Holmes girl places every time and IMO does not have it. I would also like to say that they said you sould so up just like you are attending the fair, no makeup. I know for a fact that the little Cunningham girl was prolly wearing a hairpiece. I don't think you show up to a fair with a hairpiece. The judges this year were bought or were nudged in some way and that's sad.
Boo Ripley County Fair. It's kinda funny , the same queen wins the Current river wins the Ripley county fair, I think that stinks, just like most of Ripley county. And I would like to add that the Miss Current river did much injustice to the litte Mischa girl, she should of placed at least.
You are so right the Holmes girl has it NOT.
get a life

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2008
What a bunch of bullies!!!!! I can't believe that grown adults are sitting are here griping about a beauty paegeant! The little girls that won and placed do not deserve to be bashed! They are children for crying out loud!! Keep the girls names out of it, i'm the sure the little girls did not go up to the judge, slide them a $100 and say "1st or 2nd would be nice" Grow up, you are adults, act like it!! Just so you know, the judges are not even from around here, they get them from out of town to keep the name game out of it. The Fair pageant is one of the most fare around, so check yourself before you go and open you mouth, you incompetent fools!!
SLN

Alto, NM

#18 Sep 5, 2008
get a life wrote:
What a bunch of bullies!!!!! I can't believe that grown adults are sitting are here griping about a beauty paegeant! The little girls that won and placed do not deserve to be bashed! They are children for crying out loud!! Keep the girls names out of it, i'm the sure the little girls did not go up to the judge, slide them a $100 and say "1st or 2nd would be nice" Grow up, you are adults, act like it!! Just so you know, the judges are not even from around here, they get them from out of town to keep the name game out of it. The Fair pageant is one of the most fare around, so check yourself before you go and open you mouth, you incompetent fools!!
Amen, sister!
been there

United States

#19 Sep 5, 2008
Pageants are for fun. There are always the sore losers (parents) who act like babies when their child does not win.
I know you instantly feel like the judges must be blind. couldnt they see the beauty of my child.
We have to remember that the kids are all beautiful, and lets keep it nice and play like nice decent people.
my kids

United States

#20 Sep 5, 2008
My kids have won pageants and we sure do not have important names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rock House (Jan '11) 8 hr explorer 24
Hot Women and Men in Doniphan 11 hr fred 7
T hiway foster care place 17 hr kat 5
What do you think of prosecutor miller 17 hr kat 8
Keith Whiteside Mon Humanoid 8
jason coleman (Nov '14) Mon currently 57
Name other thiefs in the area other than BOB May 31 foothillbilly 36
More from around the web

Doniphan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE