4th Grade Teacher
advk8 from Doniphan

Quitman, AR

#23 Oct 3, 2008
Brad wrote:
I did some observations in Mrs. Wheeler's room during a college class. I never saw her get on to a student unless they did something they were not suppossed to. She expects her students to follow the rules and do what they are told and if they don't then she is stern with them. When I was in her room her students really seemed to like her and she did her best to make sure they learned what they needed to during 4th grade. Honestly, you all want your kids to make straight A's and never get in trouble. Did you never have a teacher that you thought was too tough and then when you looked back when you were old you realize that you learned more from that teacher than the others.
Your post brought back memories of a 4th grade teacher (now deceased) who was very stern and serious. I sometimes had to turn my desk around (for talking in class). I got through 4th grade, then realized she had moved to fifth!You guessed it. I had her two years in a row. Looking back, I remember things she taught me other than bookwork. Her "two wrongs don't make a right" and "actions speak louder than words" will always be with me. She was one of the best teachers I ever had.
beetle

United States

#24 Oct 3, 2008
is she any relation to the Mr. Wheeler that used to teach social studies at the middle school? I don't know if he still does or not this is was many many many years ago. hell he looked old then too.the reason i asked he always called my parents on me for something i might have did or didn't do. but of course i look back now and thing that i probably deserved ever bit of it if not more. he just caught me sometimes and those are when he called my parents.
my opinion

Greenbrier, AR

#25 Oct 4, 2008
No not the same set of Wheelers. Mr. Wheeler that use to be up at the Middle School is married to Regina and have two daughters Julie and Liz. Mrs. Wheeler that is the 4th grade teacher I know has a daughter and two sons. Her daughter is now a teacher at the high school. Mrs. Wheeler the forth grade teacher isn't a nice lady. Two years ago she made a child go to detention and told him to stay there until she came back to get him. Well 3o'clock came and went and this child was no where to be found. Well his mother found him still in detention and Mrs. Wheeler had the NERVE to yell at the child whom was only doing as he was told. My son is now in the 4th grade and hates Wednesday's as well. He talks about the short skirts she wears and the bully type attitude that she carries as a teacher.
Sarah

United States

#26 Oct 4, 2008
Not to highjack the thread, but the worst teacher Doniphan had during my 25 years of watching these schools was Mrs Nickle in kindergarten. Talk about a brass plated Bit**. A screamer and a first place social climber.
parent

Rose Bud, AR

#27 Oct 4, 2008
I have great concern about this teacher named Mrs. Wheeler. I have heard many bad comments and hope our great elected officals on the school board and Mr Sandlin are reading this and I want to see them look at her record. I know she reatains a large percentage of children every year. I also know a large percentage of parents refuse her as a teacher as I did(and many other teacher do this also). I also know on Wheeler Wed its like a army on the wall and walking the playground from all the kids in trouble. If the children were so bad then why don't he sit the wall on the other days. Is this mainly because Mrs Wheeler is a tyrant?
Now parents its your turn make sure she does have enough in her record to be looked at. Have your concerns placed in her record by the Principle then if you don't like what has been said then go to Mr Sandlin and let the board know. All this must be done to get rid of a bad teacher. Not just Mrs Wheeler any bad teacher. Our kids deserve the best . Yes they must be respectable but teacher must respect the kids.
Trust me

Commerce, GA

#28 Oct 4, 2008
Its called Wicked Wheeler Wensday.And she is very mean.If you talk in line she makes the entire 4th grade walk around the playground all recess.She yells at every on.One time my friend accendully spilled water on her and siad sorry and Mrs.Wheeler yelled at her and gave her the meantest face ever.She is really mean and hateful ask people thell tell you....
Tired of it

United States

#29 Oct 4, 2008
parent wrote:
I have great concern about this teacher named Mrs. Wheeler. I have heard many bad comments and hope our great elected officals on the school board and Mr Sandlin are reading this and I want to see them look at her record. I know she reatains a large percentage of children every year. I also know a large percentage of parents refuse her as a teacher as I did(and many other teacher do this also). I also know on Wheeler Wed its like a army on the wall and walking the playground from all the kids in trouble. If the children were so bad then why don't he sit the wall on the other days. Is this mainly because Mrs Wheeler is a tyrant?
Now parents its your turn make sure she does have enough in her record to be looked at. Have your concerns placed in her record by the Principle then if you don't like what has been said then go to Mr Sandlin and let the board know. All this must be done to get rid of a bad teacher. Not just Mrs Wheeler any bad teacher. Our kids deserve the best . Yes they must be respectable but teacher must respect the kids.
I agree. Like I said before the school knows how she is but it would be to much trouble to do anything about it. You must stand together get everything documented. If you make a big enough fuss and have enough people with legitimate complaints they will at least have to look into it,but you need to have everyone that you can not just a few.

Since: Jul 08

Fairdealing

#30 Oct 4, 2008
My daughter is in Mrs. Ivy's class this year and so far I am pleased with her. BUT, her friend has Mrs. Wheeler and she has told me that she is a terrible teacher and she isn't happy in her class.
And, the child in Wheeler's class is an A student and a well behaved child.
alot of dislike

United States

#31 Oct 4, 2008
There are so many post about Mrs. Wheeler. I guess someone needs to start a petition. Get a list of her forth grade class this year. Call everyone and see if everyone is experiencing the same problems. Get their names on a petition and go from there. School board will surely do something.
happy parent

Damascus, AR

#32 Oct 4, 2008
My son is in the fourth grade this year and he has Mr. Allen. My son loves Mr. Allen. He is one teacher that stands out above the rest. He is devoted to his students.
wheeler needs to go

United States

#33 Oct 4, 2008
You don't even have to be in her class for her to be mean to you . My niece was in the third grade and Mrs. Wheeler picked on her all the time.
She would be mean to her in the hall before school. My sister talked to Mr. Thompson but nothing was done my niece was scared to go to school my sister had to walk her to her class to make sure Mrs. wheeler left her alone .My sister talked to Mr. Thompson again and still no luck.
My nieces father finaly went to school and had a talk with Mr. Thompson and he wasn't very nice about it ,he told him if this happend again then he was going straight to Mrs. Wheeler and he wasn't going to be nice about it. Guess what Mrs. Wheeler finaly left my niece alone.
Wicked Wednesday

United States

#34 Oct 4, 2008
wheeler needs to go wrote:
You don't even have to be in her class for her to be mean to you . My niece was in the third grade and Mrs. Wheeler picked on her all the time.
She would be mean to her in the hall before school. My sister talked to Mr. Thompson but nothing was done my niece was scared to go to school my sister had to walk her to her class to make sure Mrs. wheeler left her alone .My sister talked to Mr. Thompson again and still no luck.
My nieces father finaly went to school and had a talk with Mr. Thompson and he wasn't very nice about it ,he told him if this happend again then he was going straight to Mrs. Wheeler and he wasn't going to be nice about it. Guess what Mrs. Wheeler finaly left my niece alone.
My child did'nt have her either but she would be mean to my child at lunch. My husband and I went and talked to Mr. Thompson also. My kid had never been in trouble ever and has not been since.
Wicked Wheeler Wednesday

Damascus, AR

#35 Oct 4, 2008
You know....so far what do we have.....34 comments and I do believe I have seen only one good one. But let's see..the school will tell you they see nothing wrong with this situation. I was out and about tonight and talked to several parents and children whom have had the wonderful 4th grade experience...and to my disbelief...not one child, out of many, had anything nice to say about this crazy lady. Some of the girls spoke about her dress code that she has...while the boys questioned why she is allowed to be a bully. Now when a bunch of 4th graders want to sit and say things as such...you know not all of them are lying or just mad. One boy stated that he had gotten in trouble in the past for being a "bully" but yet Mrs. Wheeler is 10 times worse than he ever was...Makes you wonder doen't it!!!!!!!!!1
Shane

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#36 Oct 4, 2008
Sarah wrote:
Not to highjack the thread, but the worst teacher Doniphan had during my 25 years of watching these schools was Mrs Nickle in kindergarten. Talk about a brass plated Bit**. A screamer and a first place social climber.
Hey sarah I had her in kindergarten and I hated her. She always yelled at me and even spanked me once in front of the entire class without any other witnesses or adults present and didn't have permission from my mother to do so. I was so happy to be in first grade. I had a great teacher then, Mrs. Griffin.

Since: Oct 08

Wentzville, MO

#37 Oct 5, 2008
I will never understand why a teacher can take board that is at least one inch thich and hit a child with it, and this is acceptably behavior!! Yet if a parent so much as hits there child on there behind with an open hand it is called child abuse!!!!! Does not make sence to me??? I never allowed the schools to spank my children, I did not do it at home, so why should they be allowed to!!!

And for them screaming teachers you have to get in there faces!!!!!! I had to, I had that problem with one of my daughters teachers, stand up for your kids!!!!
runs with scissors

Rice Lake, WI

#38 Oct 5, 2008
Shane wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sarah I had her in kindergarten and I hated her. She always yelled at me and even spanked me once in front of the entire class without any other witnesses or adults present and didn't have permission from my mother to do so. I was so happy to be in first grade. I had a great teacher then, Mrs. Griffin.
I had Mrs. Nickel, too. She was a monster. Once, she yanked me up by one arm so I swinging above the ground and batted at me like a pinata. She was *always* screaming and hitting and humiliating my classmates and me, but when you're 5 you don't know how to say an adult is doing something wrong.

But I got lucky like you, Shane. I had Mrs. Griffin afterwards and she was wonderful. She always had something nice to say about each student's talents and took time to make sure everyone was keeping up.
wicked wheeler

United States

#39 Oct 5, 2008
my opinion wrote:
No not the same set of Wheelers. Mr. Wheeler that use to be up at the Middle School is married to Regina and have two daughters Julie and Liz. Mrs. Wheeler that is the 4th grade teacher I know has a daughter and two sons. Her daughter is now a teacher at the high school. Mrs. Wheeler the forth grade teacher isn't a nice lady. Two years ago she made a child go to detention and told him to stay there until she came back to get him. Well 3o'clock came and went and this child was no where to be found. Well his mother found him still in detention and Mrs. Wheeler had the NERVE to yell at the child whom was only doing as he was told. My son is now in the 4th grade and hates Wednesday's as well. He talks about the short skirts she wears and the bully type attitude that she carries as a teacher.
This did happen to my son , I was scared to death she had lost him , but it so happen she deliberately forgot him in dention . We had him moved I was ready to go to Tv stations ,radio, State board of Education, school Board, parents this woman is evil,nuts, crazy, she's a militant control freak, a prison guard has more sympthy then this lady on a good day. My son was not allowed to go to the nurses station for a bandaide for his knee after falling down on the playground it bleeding so much his shorts were covered in blood . When I seen him that afternoon and asked why he walked around bloody all day . Because she would not allow him to go and she would not give him a bandaide. I would like to hope any teacher teaching any where in the world would have more respect then this..... I could go on and on theres just not enough time to say all I could say about this teacher. If your children get her as a teacher do your very best to get her or him out. If they are honor roll students they won't be in her class. I beleive in making a child strong to relate to the real world but 4th grade bullying by a teacher is not the way.....
Silly people

United States

#40 Oct 5, 2008
I agree she is a very mean person, not just mean teacher
wicked wheeler

United States

#41 Oct 5, 2008
HEY IF YOUR KID GETS MRS.WHEELER DON'T EXPECT THEM TO MAKE THE HONOR ROLL.EVEN IF LAST YEAR THAT YOUR KID WAS ON THE a HONOR ROLL.SHE WILL GIVE YOUR KID A 35 ON A PAPER THAT IS RIGHT JUST BECAUSE IT WAS NOT NEAT AS SHE WANTED IT!!!!!!!!!! ALSO IF SHE STILL HAS HER JOB NEXT YEAR AND YOUR KID GETS HER NEXT YEAR THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT SHE IS THE BEST TEACHER THAT DONIPHAN HAS AT LEST THATS WHAT THEY SAID TO OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
wicked wheeler

United States

#42 Oct 5, 2008
Tired of it wrote:
<quoted text> I think that when you hear over and over the same thing there must be something to it. To every 10 negative comments you hear about her there will be one good one. Why don't all the parents that have and have ever had a problem with her all go to the school board all together? Get the media involved. Make sure all your complaints that you take to Mr. Thompson are documented. Make such a fuss that they will have to do something. Keep doing it. Don't give up. You know that the school knows what she is like and they just don't care. It would be to much trouble to do anything so they don't.
We tried all this good luck! Mr Thompson is blind and deaf to anything about wheeler. lets hope she gives up or retires, or maybe finds peace in her soul, maybe the devil will release her, or God will melt that cold heart...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher Arrested 1 hr 42 us ca 1986 44
Bank Fraud Participants Worried 1 hr ITtech 76
Youngblood murders (Jul '15) 1 hr Mallory Boyles Snow 9
Dexter Car Salesman, Did you find your deer rifle? (Jun '11) 1 hr Fred flintstone 93
swindell-dwi's 4 hr whatsup 11
Caseys Robber 4 hr Guest 12
News Area doctor charged with sexually abusing patients (Oct '10) 5 hr 42 US AC 1986 75

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doniphan Mortgages