Brian Hart for sheriff?!?!?!?!?!?!
I agree

United States

#41 Oct 26, 2008
ppl should really take a look into why Mr. Barnett is no longer in oregon county or better yet why he is no longer a preacher!! you might all be in for a suprise!
bucket

Faridabad, India

#42 Oct 26, 2008
i dont cook meth. i kinda am partial to bacon and eggs.you need to leave me and my family alone.you need to leave brian and the rest of them hart boys alone also. karma i really love that word.....
rdsot

West Plains, MO

#43 Oct 26, 2008
I agree wrote:
ppl should really take a look into why Mr. Barnett is no longer in oregon county or better yet why he is no longer a preacher!! you might all be in for a suprise!
why don't you just tell us if you think you know so much? you don't, I bet!!
wondering who he is

Greenbrier, AR

#44 Oct 26, 2008
if the bucket is not cooking meth then the moon must not be out tonight!

West Fork, AR

#45 Oct 26, 2008
Bikerman wrote:
Having Brian Hart as sheriff will be like the fox guarding the hen house. I have known him most of my life and found thathe and his brothers are hardly paragons of virtue to say the least. I am glad I don,t live there any more.
Then mind your own business! You probably knew the Hart mend when they were rowdy high school boys (if you knew them at all). All boys go through a wild rowdy stage in life, they've all grown up to be very honest, hardworking, intelligent gentlemen. Since you don't live here anymore why don't you just worry about your present location and the people there because we don't need your opinion here!

Greenbrier, AR

#46 Oct 26, 2008
Can anyone tell me where Bryan has worked the last several years? Do you know what church he and his family attend?
wondering

United States

#47 Oct 26, 2008
guest wrote:
Can anyone tell me where Bryan has worked the last several years? Do you know what church he and his family attend?
are you not "who he is" or whatever??? why don't you stop pretending like you don't know jack about him........you are just trying to "oh so innocently" stir shit about him! The election is a week away....I am sure ppl have decided who they are gonna vote for by now...JUST LET THE SHIT GO!!!!!
Jill

Quitman, AR

#48 Oct 26, 2008
I think Brian would be a nice change.
And has anyone thought that the paper may of been biased in some way?
jack

Greenbrier, AR

#49 Oct 26, 2008
i would like to know where his family attends church
Brian Hart for sheriff

Mifflinburg, PA

#50 Oct 26, 2008
VOTE BRIAN HART FOR SHERIFF
Bikerman

California, MO

#51 Oct 27, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Then mind your own business! You probably knew the Hart mend when they were rowdy high school boys (if you knew them at all). All boys go through a wild rowdy stage in life, they've all grown up to be very honest, hardworking, intelligent gentlemen. Since you don't live here anymore why don't you just worry about your present location and the people there because we don't need your opinion here!
Guest, Yes I did know them in high school and beyond. Their activities were more than just the actions of rowdy high schoolers. His brother Billy was heavily involved in the meth trade until he turned rat to save his skin. It seems that you Bryan Hart supporters have very thin skin. Further more his dad was one of the biggest bullies in the county just ask Donny Conn. Bryan Hart would be a disaster as sheriff on par with the likes of Dennis Cox and Sam Ruffino. Lastly, I think that I have the right to freedom of speech as does everyone who posts comments so I will mind whatever buisness I choose to mind until he loses the election and if you don't like it don't red this post!
Ripley co Citizen for Ron

United States

#52 Oct 27, 2008
Hey I like Bryan he is very nice guy and because of some of his families or even his bad choices it gives him a bad reputation and it isnt fair as we all make mistakes at some point in our life, anyone can change. The bible says judge not least ye be judged. I am not saying Bryan would make a good sheriff or that he wont, but it will be like it was with Sam and Gale Rafino if he starts making arrests or drug busting a lot of the big wigs in Doniphan there will be a price put on his head just like the $100,000.00 that offered to rid Ripley County of Sam. However it will be the same for Ron.

Call bryan as i did and ask him . but i was more interested in rons answers like his list of goals . the first one about adrug program for the youth. he already had that but stopped it when he took office . the Dare program

United States

#53 Oct 27, 2008
I have know Ron and his family for many years, when and where was he a preacher? Or is this just another attempt to turn people against him?
Local gal

United States

#54 Oct 27, 2008
Living here all your life does NOT make you a good candidate for Sheriff! I have lived here all my life and am a good citizen.......I don't use/sell/make any kind of drugs, I don't go whoring it up with everyone I meet, and I stay to myself with the exception of this forum........I don't go around bad mouthing all the time although I do call it like I see it. I am polite to most everyone. And I would not make a good Sheriff/law enforcement. Not everyone is cut out for law, period. But, I have to say that in our 1996 election people laughed at Jim McNail because his only experience was Military Police. Mr. Hart does not have the training to be our Sheriff imo. We'll see on election day what most people think.
Its like our Presidental election.....neither of them are good enough.......which one is worse for our country/county?
It also has to be said Dennis Cox must not have been too bad since you as voters elected him TWICE! And just another note on him..........a family member of his was arrested during his term and sent to PRISON........if he was so bad than wouldn't he of gotten them out of it in some way or maybe they wouldn't of been arrested at all! Know this for a fact!
To Mr. Harts defense......I am NOTHING like my dad........but family can either make you or break you.
As for Mr. Barnetts ties to our county-his wife teaches here, his son works here and daughter-in-law has her business here.
hello

Saint Charles, MO

#55 Oct 27, 2008
Doesn't it look as if he is just running the "good ole boy" ticket??? Just because he has lived here all his life doesn't mean he is right for the job. I have lived here all my live and am not qualified to be a judge. Anyone who is from here knows the "Hart Family Rep" and yes..it plays into it. Most importantly though is experence....how long was he a MP for? If elected will he be the type of "bully with a badge" as some of us invision him as being?
Ranger

California, MO

#56 Oct 27, 2008
Bikerman you hit that one out of the park. Local gal I would like to point out that the apple usually does not fall far from the tree but I thought your comments were more thoughtful than most posted here.

United States

#57 Oct 27, 2008
Yes they were at the Gatewood Heritage Day, and who cares if he was in his sheriff's truck if he was (were u there to prove he was in it), I happen to know that while he was there he couldnt communicate without his phone ringing so he was working also! How did any other sheriff get by with driving their company truck if your so worried about what Ron was driving? As for his liquor bill at the store by J highway well that would be Cobb's Gro and it has been out of business for years and didnt sell alcohol. Obviously you dont know the area very well! Now down by V Highway there is a liquor store but I doubt he owes them a bill as they dont allow anyone to charge items, been there and done that.

I think your grasping at straws to come up with something against Ron because your for Bryan and know that Ron will kick but next Tues! GO RON!
fishman

United States

#58 Oct 27, 2008
it must be a long time since you lived here bikerman because donnie conn has passed away. and the harts and the conns are all good friends . just like the harts , the conn family are good people.
I do not know

Bassfield, MS

#59 Oct 27, 2008
For Brian Hart wrote:
I like the fact that Brian Hart has been a resident of Ripley Co. all his life and knows each and every one of us.
He doesn't know everyone that is just silly...
my thoughts

Lexington, OK

#60 Oct 27, 2008
I do not know wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't know everyone that is just silly...
He would come more near knowing everyone than someone who has only lived here for five years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sirens 17 min NEIGHBOR 1
Are all attorneys liars and thieves? (Aug '13) 2 hr INDITEMENT 16
Ripley Co Drug Addicts (Apr '17) 3 hr happyholidays 42
Stacy Balcom 5 hr Guest 5
please...anyone 7 hr Local 3
Nurse Practioners in Doniphan 14 hr Ona 17
anyone know brittany white Fri Alrighty 4

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance