hartlover

Vilonia, AR

#22 Sep 6, 2008
I wonder if Mr. Barnett has proper training??? I think that Bryan is a good man for the job. He is nice and will be fair. In the last couple of weeks I have been to several town outings such as the fair and Mr. Barnett doesnt' exactly seem very outgoing and nice trying to get any votes. Any one who knows Bryan likes him and he can get the proper training while in office just like the last several sherriffs that this town has had. Have we ever had a sherriff that has had proper training prior to the election???
The Facts

Alto, NM

#23 Sep 6, 2008
Mr. Barnett? Try "Sheriff Barnett". To give you the facts, the past four Sheriff's have had their training prior to being Sheriff. Sheriff Barnett holds a Class "A", unlike alot of our certified officers. Mr. Hart is going to rely on taxpayers to pay for his training, huh, as a taxpayer that does not sound good to me.
guest

United States

#24 Sep 6, 2008
How do you know he will depend on taxpayer's money? I've not heard that at all and I don't think that's accurate information.
Freds Lover

Damascus, AR

#25 Sep 6, 2008
The taxpayer's will have to pay for his training. Or anyone else who takes office. They have "already" paid for the current sheriff's training.

We should think about that. Why spend more on some who needs "new" training, when we've already paid for it once. It would cost us more to put anyone new in office than the current ones.

The man has done NOTHING wrong for us to want to vote someone new in because he is a "good guy". Sheriff Barnett is a "good guy" as well. What are you people thinkin? Gosh give them a chance.
The Facts

United States

#26 Sep 7, 2008
You are right, in the fact the County will have to pay for a new Sheriff's training, if they are not certified at the time of appointment. But you are wrong to assume the County paid for Sheriff Barnett's training. Sheriff Barnett was a licensed Peace Officer (Class "A" license) prior to taking office.

FOG

“i am just me.”

Since: Aug 08

doniphan

#27 Sep 7, 2008
I heard a comment recently, that I think was kind of interesting about this. Why would you HIRE someone that is not qualified to do the job? Why pay them to be in training? The reply was " they are not hired, but voted in."

Am I wrong in that if we VOTE someone into office, isn't this the same as saying, " we hire you to do this job."

Now, question. If you owned a large business, had a VERY MAJOR office to fill, would you hire someone with no experience, who you would have to send to a costly school to train? Or, would you hire someone who already has ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS to fill the job?

I go for the person that has all the training, even though I know the other person, and have nothing against him.
deputy tattoo and earring

Greenbrier, AR

#28 Sep 8, 2008
Im voting Mr Hart with no earring and tattoos
DREAMER

Damascus, AR

#29 Sep 8, 2008
deputy tattoo and earring wrote:
Im voting Mr Hart with no earring and tattoos
I agree,......... no tatoos, no earings, NO TRAINING, NO EXPERIENCE, NO CLUE OF WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SHERIFF, NO IDEA OF HOW TO MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAW ..........etc.
I had a dream that I awoke one morning and discovered I was sheriff.(now what?)
you known service

United States

#30 Sep 9, 2008
is it a deputy or DCONN
kudos

Washington, DC

#31 Sep 9, 2008
The Facts wrote:
You are right, in the fact the County will have to pay for a new Sheriff's training, if they are not certified at the time of appointment. But you are wrong to assume the County paid for Sheriff Barnett's training. Sheriff Barnett was a licensed Peace Officer (Class "A" license) prior to taking office.
The county pay's for his training every year. even his first year in offfice. special sheriff's training...not his le training.
Doniphan

United States

#32 Sep 9, 2008
My only crtisisms of Sheriff Barnett is that he never seems very approachable by the general public, and he has a couple of deputies he needs to crack down on a little (driving wrecklessly and dangerously, even when not responding to calls). I've found his son to be a good guy and an excellent deputy when he was on the force. Shame they didn't pay enough to keep him on. But Ron... Except for the couple of times he's come across like a real ass to us, most of the time he's just ignored us if we've tried to approach him about ANYTHING. I used to think he might be a good change for the county, but lately I'm starting to wonder if he's just going to be another one of those guys who is only concerned with the "powers that be".
mel 1948

United States

#33 Sep 10, 2008
WOW i did not know this
Big John jr

United States

#34 Sep 10, 2008
Heck, I'd be hard to approach too. With all this crap going on.

It's a bit stressing at election time...

People are scary!
Welcome to Ripley Co

United States

#35 Sep 10, 2008
Hell, he was that way when he was still chief deputy and DVERT.
Yeah Right

Commerce, GA

#36 Sep 11, 2008
Welcome to Ripley Co wrote:
Hell, he was that way when he was still chief deputy and DVERT.
Ron was never chief deputy and if you think Ron is unapproachable, you're crazy, he is one of the friendliest and most compassionate people I know, before you talk about people being unapproachable, try stopping in sometime just to talk and wish them luck, how would you feel if the only time people spoke to you was to gripe about something.
Doniphan CSI

United States

#37 Sep 11, 2008
Wasn't he Whittom's chief deputy?
Information

Rose Bud, AR

#38 Sep 11, 2008
Sheriff Barnett was not ever a chief deputy. There was a simmons boy that was whittom's chief deputy, then ben hall finished as whittoms chief deputy, served as interim sheriff and is now sheriff barnett's chief deputy.
bjj

Dawsonville, GA

#39 Sep 11, 2008
deputy tattoo and earring wrote:
Im voting Mr Hart with no earring and tattoos
Yeah, right!
Experience

Virginia Beach, VA

#40 Sep 11, 2008
Voter in 2008 wrote:
I have just read through all these postings, and find them quite humorous. I have just recently moved here and was in law enforcement for about 15 years. I worked for a rural county Sheriff's Department in another state. It appears, and is obvious that person(s) that started this thread are in support of the Hart candidate. To all the people posting on here, don't you realize that you are causing your candidate (Hart) more damage than good? You are provoking responses from the people that have nothing better to do then get a "kick" out of "downing" your views. I will however elaborate on my opinion and views of this topic. If you think for a minute that you can be the Chief Law Enforcement officer and budget officer (Sheriff) of a county without any relative experience, then you are kidding yourself. Please do not take this offensively, but to efficiently run a law enforcement department you have to be able to have a basis for all law enforcement and non-law enforcement decisions made. I have talked to both candidates and have already decided my avenue of vote. Mr. Hart seems to be a decent guy and has some good ideas, but that is where it stops. Sheriff Barnett appears to have already begun to lay the groundwork for a great department. I can tell you from experience that these plans and implementation of plans take time. Realistically it can take years to see some changes. After testing the waters of local voters I have found that there is no doubt that Mr. Hart will keep his title and Sheriff Barnett will keep his title as Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Ripley County. Thanks for reading.
BRAVO!! Very well said! I wish well to both contenders, but experience is better than personality.
MR DHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 Sep 11, 2008
hartlover wrote:
I wonder if Mr. Barnett has proper training??? I think that Bryan is a good man for the job. He is nice and will be fair. In the last couple of weeks I have been to several town outings such as the fair and Mr. Barnett doesnt' exactly seem very outgoing and nice trying to get any votes. Any one who knows Bryan likes him and he can get the proper training while in office just like the last several sherriffs that this town has had. Have we ever had a sherriff that has had proper training prior to the election???
This shouldn't be a popularity contest. What are you trying to do for Mr Hart? Show that he is personable? If that is what you are trying to accomplish, you should enroll him in the MR DHS contest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Duncan or Jeffery Duncan (Oct '16) 4 min Dreamer 3
proof and pics that mike boone and robbie downs... 39 min What4 12
Jason Coleman 11 hr Mister 19
Drug head,con man,thief,liar Fri just me 7
Carrie Hardesty Fri Just Saying 3
Joe wilson Fri A good Man gone t... 4
Preston hall (Oct '16) Fri Pablo 11

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doniphan Mortgages