Why does the Donalsonville news not have a webpage?

Posted in the Donalsonville Forum

news

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2008
I have noticed that both Miller County and the Bainbridge Post SearchLight have websites for their newspapers.... Why not us? Guess Bo is still stuck in the 1940's.....
wonderingmind

Moultrie, GA

#2 Aug 10, 2008
maybe he just doesn't want the expense and to put the time in it that it takes to maintain a website
Short term

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Aug 10, 2008
Donalsonville News doesn't care to have a website, heck they can barely get a paper to read! BAD STUFF SALES PAPERS so thats what we "public" buy one for! Janet is running the paper now I believe Bo is at home most of the time. But still the folks up there just aren't smart enough, I would be surprised if they even know what an email was.

Since: Aug 08

Donalsonville, Georgia

#4 Aug 10, 2008
Has anyone suggested a website to Mr. Bo or Rhonda? Maybe you should write a letter to the Editor! I would surely love for them to have one, I enjoy reading the "Donalsonville News". I don't think anyone in that office is "Stupid", come on, don't be rude and mean. They may be a bit complacent or maybe they just like the paper how it is. This is Donalsonville we are talking about, not a large city or even a decent-sized town. Donalsonville is a small town, with a small paper. What is so bad about that? Just be glad that Mr. Bo hasn't sold the paper to some large corporation and compromised the "hometown feel" of this great little paper. Please speak for yourself, I don't buy it for sales papers, I am in Europe, the Harvey's sales-paper doesn't do a thing for me. I get the Donalsonville News because I love it, it makes me smile and appreciate where I came from. Oh, and try to adjust that attitude before you write that letter to the editor there "Short term", a bad attitude and calling people "stupid" won't get you very far with anything in life. GOOD LUCK!
TheCount

Ocilla, GA

#5 Aug 10, 2008
Short term wrote:
Donalsonville News doesn't care to have a website, heck they can barely get a paper to read! BAD STUFF SALES PAPERS so thats what we "public" buy one for! Janet is running the paper now I believe Bo is at home most of the time. But still the folks up there just aren't smart enough, I would be surprised if they even know what an email was.
If you hate the paper so bad, why would you want to look at a website if they had one? You are the one that sounds dumb.
seminole citizen

Pavo, GA

#6 Aug 11, 2008
We do have a sheriff's department website. it seminoleso.com , it shows who got arrested and the child molesters, I didn't know we had one until I was told, I know this doesn't have anything to do with the newspaper but I wanted to let people know, which I'm curious to why we don't have a website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donalsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carson McCullers at Mulberry Creek 38 min Will Dockery 1
prophet scott 4 hr prophet scott 1
Poll Who has the best Sushi in Columbus? 6 hr Enter Username 2
Poll Who has the best hamburger in Columbus? (Mar '13) 6 hr Enter Username 49
Racism? 6 hr Enter Username 2
Interracial dating? (Mar '11) Fri you stupid mfer 163
Omerta Mar 25 Mollly 3
Donalsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web