First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ishe

Nashville, GA

#1 Oct 7, 2012
Why doesn't O'Reilly participate in the Harvest Festival car show. Napa Auto Parts is. I really think people of Seminole County spend more money at O'Reilly for auto parts, why can't they show a little appreciation and participate? I am going to think twice before buying parts next time...
say what

Bainbridge, GA

#3 Oct 7, 2012
Ishe wrote:
Why doesn't O'Reilly participate in the Harvest Festival car show. Napa Auto Parts is. I really think people of Seminole County spend more money at O'Reilly for auto parts, why can't they show a little appreciation and participate? I am going to think twice before buying parts next time...
Boy that is a hell of a reason not to do business with O'Reilly
hello

Ocilla, GA

#4 Oct 7, 2012
Ishe wrote:
just goes to show what kind of ass you are
last word

Donalsonville, GA

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Gotta agree with Ishe on this one. The community should stick together and support each other. That is why Donalsonville is not growing like surrounding towns. O'Reilly wants the business but can't show the appreciation for it. Shame on them
WOW

Thomson, GA

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Why are we so simple minded that we stoop to the level of trash talking about a company that has done nothing but bring a little more competition to our town in the auto parts industry? I would be willing to bet that if you (Ishe) would take the time to get your information straight by just asking someone there at O'Reillys that you would find they are participating in the Harvest Festival, there is always somebody there Mon-Sat from 7:30 til 7:00 and on Sundays from 9:00 til 6:00.
Just sayin

Thomson, GA

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Ishe are you on payroll @ Napa? Sure sounds like it......just sayin
Just sayin

Thomson, GA

#8 Oct 8, 2012
say what wrote:
<quoted text>Boy that is a hell of a reason not to do business with O'Reilly
I agree totally
kinda curious

Birmingham, AL

#9 Oct 8, 2012
last word wrote:
Gotta agree with Ishe on this one. The community should stick together and support each other. That is why Donalsonville is not growing like surrounding towns. O'Reilly wants the business but can't show the appreciation for it. Shame on them
Very curious as to what towns around us are growing? Colquitt, don't think so. Blakely? nope Bainbridge? shrinking Marianna? same as the last time I was there. What towns are you referring to or are you just running off at the mouth
patriot

Bainbridge, GA

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Support your locally owned stores before there are none.
WOW

Auburn, AL

#11 Oct 8, 2012
It is hard to support your local owned stores when they seem to have the same work hours as all other of the businesses in town; whereas, O'Reilly is open 7 days a week and til 7:00 most nights and til 6:00 on Sunday. Nobody seems to complain about O'Reillys when they are the only part store that is open...
Arnie

Kittanning, PA

#12 Oct 8, 2012
patriot wrote:
Support your locally owned stores before there are none.
There prices are way to high.
patriot

Bainbridge, GA

#13 Oct 8, 2012
WOW wrote:
It is hard to support your local owned stores when they seem to have the same work hours as all other of the businesses in town; whereas, O'Reilly is open 7 days a week and til 7:00 most nights and til 6:00 on Sunday. Nobody seems to complain about O'Reillys when they are the only part store that is open...
I make an effort to shop locally owned. I go out of my way, drive past other stores to support my locals. Yes, it is not always possible to buy only from them, but when I can I do. Who knows if we supported them enough maybe they too could afford to hire enough employees to stay open later and 7 days a week. Im just saying make an effort. A study show 5 of every 7 dollars spent at locally owned business stays in town. Versus only 1 of every 7 spent at stores owned by people not living in the town.
todays economy

Bainbridge, GA

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Me, I shop where I get the cheapest. Don't matter which store. I value shop. If the local store wants my business, get compatible on your prices. Not going to pay double just to support the local stores. That would be foolish. Napa, O'Reilly, Auto Zone, and Discount Auto are the four places I price my items. I do drive to Bainbridge or Dothan to buy from Discount Auto or Auto Zone if the savings override the cost of gas or if possible just wait until I have other business in those towns. In todays economy, it would be foolish to pay double just to support a local business. I am on a fixed income and have to watch my spending.
WOW

Auburn, AL

#15 Oct 8, 2012
But the big deal was that Napa (the local owned store) was part of the Harvest Festival and O'Reillys (the big corporation) wasn't, right? But has anybody stopped to realize that Napa isn't locally owned?
WOW

Auburn, AL

#17 Oct 8, 2012
nuts wrote:
Yes it is. Jerry Moulton owns it.
no Mr. Jerry does not own it anymore...it is owned by Brooks Auto Parts
patriot

Bainbridge, GA

#18 Oct 9, 2012
You would probably be suprised at how competitive locally owned stores can be. I dont buy much auto parts but I buy hardware and ace and seminole building supply are cheaper than home depot and lowes. I dont have to go to bainbridge or dothan. Its quicker, closer and I am supporting local business. Even if is was a little more it would still be worth it. The home owned stores have better service. They care more because they own the store. Most owe the local banks. If its wrong or you have a problem with it its quick close and easy to get it made right. So you may think its cheaper out of town. But not always.
patriot

Bainbridge, GA

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Also, when big business has put all the small locally owned business's out of town.(or more truthfully. lack of local support) There will be no competition and no need to price competively. So they will be charging you what ever the hell they want to. Convenience store prices because that will be the only competition.
I know this is a little off subject from what started but its really not. The Harvest Festival is about small town Donalsonville and unity. We dont have enough unity in our small town!
Jokester

Hahira, GA

#20 Oct 9, 2012
patriot wrote:
Also, when big business has put all the small locally owned business's out of town.(or more truthfully. lack of local support) There will be no competition and no need to price competively. So they will be charging you what ever the hell they want to. Convenience store prices because that will be the only competition.
I know this is a little off subject from what started but its really not. The Harvest Festival is about small town Donalsonville and unity. We dont have enough unity in our small town!
How do you create unity?
patriot

Bainbridge, GA

#21 Oct 9, 2012
Jokester wrote:
<quoted text>How do you create unity?
Help your neighbor or at least get to know them. Shop at home owned stores. Attend local events. Visit nursing homes. Join local organizations. Go to a local church. Get involved. Spend your money and time in donalsonville. Volunteer for any thing local that interest you. Help out at school. Start something that interest you on a local level and get others involved. I know what your saying. "who has the time?" But your spending your extra time and money somewhere doing something. Why not do it here where everyone can benefit. Everyone talks about our govt. helping foreign countries. They say what about the people in the US. that need help? Well what about the people in donalsonville? Help your freinds and neighbors first. Help your small town and yourself before Donalsonville dries up completely.
its not here

Bainbridge, GA

#22 Oct 9, 2012
patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Help your neighbor or at least get to know them. Shop at home owned stores. Attend local events. Visit nursing homes. Join local organizations. Go to a local church. Get involved. Spend your money and time in donalsonville. Volunteer for any thing local that interest you. Help out at school. Start something that interest you on a local level and get others involved. I know what your saying. "who has the time?" But your spending your extra time and money somewhere doing something. Why not do it here where everyone can benefit. Everyone talks about our govt. helping foreign countries. They say what about the people in the US. that need help? Well what about the people in donalsonville? Help your freinds and neighbors first. Help your small town and yourself before Donalsonville dries up completely.
Then bring something to town worth staying here to shop at. Too close to Dothan to stay here and shop. Sorry but I like to shop. Nothing is here..nothing. Stores that were worth going into to buy has shuttered their doors. It has already dried up. Even the good restaurants we use to have here, gone. Donalsonville will survive but that is the extent of it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donalsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) 2 hr Skeptic 3,872
Looking to breed male toy poodle (May '12) 4 hr Sandy 34
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 12 hr General Zod 1,049
Sheriff 15 hr Share 26
Word Association (May '15) 16 hr Will Dockery 529
Mardi Gras Tonite in D'Ville!!!! Feb 20 Jakin 3
Tell me about Dallas Moore? (Sep '08) Feb 14 David Porter 346

Donalsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance