Donalsonville Hospital
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Not Impressed

Bronwood, GA

#1 Sep 18, 2009
What are your thoughts on the staff at the Donalsonville Hospital? I mean in every department, nursing, radiology, ER, housekeeping, cafeteria, pharmacy, maintenance. I just realized who some of them were and know a lot about them and it's not good. I do not want my health or life to be in their hands if they could not pass basic math or science in school but are working there. Makes me worry and I'm not impressed that they still rank one of the nation's top 100 hospitals, yeah right.
Well now

Ocilla, GA

#2 Sep 18, 2009
Wouldn't take a broken shoe lace there. Try Miller Co. D'ville rating was in bookkeeping or accounting or something silly like that. There are a few good doctors that practive out of there but just as many bad ones. The staff really sucks.
lady

Moultrie, GA

#3 Sep 18, 2009
Those ladies up front are about an unfriendly bunch!
fairness

Donalsonville, GA

#4 Sep 19, 2009
seems to me that someone wants to stirup trouble and doesn't think that anyone can change. i guess you are perfect!!!! and made all 100's in school!!! your not to judge others, that is for the good Lord to do. and as for as the surrounding hospitals---they have their own problems too that dosen't make them perfect either!!
Not Impressed wrote:
What are your thoughts on the staff at the Donalsonville Hospital? I mean in every department, nursing, radiology, ER, housekeeping, cafeteria, pharmacy, maintenance. I just realized who some of them were and know a lot about them and it's not good. I do not want my health or life to be in their hands if they could not pass basic math or science in school but are working there. Makes me worry and I'm not impressed that they still rank one of the nation's top 100 hospitals, yeah right.
fairness

Donalsonville, GA

#5 Sep 19, 2009
it sure is nice to know that there are perfect people in this world that feels like they can judge others. your judgement day is coming too.
Well now wrote:
Wouldn't take a broken shoe lace there. Try Miller Co. D'ville rating was in bookkeeping or accounting or something silly like that. There are a few good doctors that practive out of there but just as many bad ones. The staff really sucks.
Joe Dirt

United States

#6 Sep 19, 2009
We live in the great country of the U. S. of A. and that allows us to choose where we go to the hospital. If you don't like the hospital in Donalsonville get in your vehicle and go somewhere else and let's hope you don't bleed to death or need CPR before you get there. These small community hospitals are intended to provide basic services which they all do well. They are not the Mayo Clinic!
LizaJane

Byron, GA

#7 Sep 19, 2009
Two members of my family were in the Donalsonville Hospital recently and overall the service was good. Most of the people working there are nice and friendly. In all places of employment there are folks that are not friendly so I just ignore them. One of the staff (housekeeping) told me that they do not make hardly anything--sad because she was a really hard worker and has worked there a long time. She just does make above minimum wage and with the cost of living she is barely scraping by. With the prices hospitals charge it seems they could pay their long time employees better wages.
troy

Moultrie, GA

#8 Sep 19, 2009
Joe Dirt wrote:
We live in the great country of the U. S. of A. and that allows us to choose where we go to the hospital. If you don't like the hospital in Donalsonville get in your vehicle and go somewhere else and let's hope you don't bleed to death or need CPR before you get there. These small community hospitals are intended to provide basic services which they all do well. They are not the Mayo Clinic!
well said
Well now

Ford City, PA

#9 Sep 19, 2009
Nobody said small town hospitals should be like the Mayo Clinic but a lot of the staff from security on up are down right nasty. Like we WANT to be there and we are asking for them to change the tv station. Medications on time would be a nice improvment. Edible food would be, too. Yes they should be paid more. They just bought the property across the street for more parking. I'v never pulled in when I couldn't find a place to park. I didn't take this to be any personal attack except on the facility personnel.
REJECTS

Adel, GA

#10 Sep 25, 2009
Think about this: A person going to pay a whole lot of money to go to college for how many years to become a doctor...and then they are going to come to Donalsonville to be a doctor!!! Their choices were prolly limited if the get the hint!!
Think about this

United States

#11 Sep 26, 2009
Even the shortest hospital stay can run into thousands of dollars that you have to pay. You are paying for a service. If I am paying that much for a service, yes, I want it to be clean, the food edible and the staff a bit more friendly and knowledgeable. I am not coming down on D'ville Hospital. I think ALL hospitals could stand a little improvement.

Then again, I am just thinking freely.
crazy talk

Ashburn, GA

#12 Sep 26, 2009
4viels of blood 2xrays,and a sona gram, same thing they do to see if you are ok during pregnacy. cost 1900.00 dollars. and no I was not treated for what I went to the doctor for. why? becau8se I have insurance,and they get all they can.they are not caring you are sick or hurting.money,is it
nowthatsfunny

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2009
Just think about this: Lets say there are 100 people going to medical school in the same class..

One person graduates at the top, and one person graduates at the bottom. They both get their shingle to hang on the door. Which DOCTOR would you want? The point is, we don't know where they graduated.Were they the best?, mediocre?, or at the bottom and squeaked by. Kinda scary isn't it?I have a feeling the ones near the bottom hang their shingles in small towns.
bite me

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2009
nowthatsfunny wrote:
Just think about this: Lets say there are 100 people going to medical school in the same class..
One person graduates at the top, and one person graduates at the bottom. They both get their shingle to hang on the door. Which DOCTOR would you want? The point is, we don't know where they graduated.Were they the best?, mediocre?, or at the bottom and squeaked by. Kinda scary isn't it?I have a feeling the ones near the bottom hang their shingles in small towns.
Why don't you move your a$$ to a city. All I hear from you is one gripe after another about the small town life. No, its not scary to go to a small town doctor. They are some of the finest in the state. No. 1...A lot come back to their hometown because of family ties No. 2...A lot had rather enjoy the small town life instead the rat race of a large city life. No. 3...The state of Georgia will pay off their tuition if they go to what is called a rural area and that alone is worth thousands. It is to try and keep doctors here and in the other small towns. Just carry your butte to Dothan Tallahassee or Albany the next time you have a heart attack. You need to squeeze that lemon of your butte and try and take a better view of things.
upset

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Sep 26, 2009
i recently went to the e.r. in donalsonville only to be told since i don't have insurance i would have to pay $100 up front to be treated for a kidney infection because it was not considered an emergency. i only went there because i couldn't get into a doctor for 5 more days.by then it could cause more damage but the dr refused to treat and i guarentee i will get a bill so high for absolutely nothing.
nowthatsfunny

United States

#16 Sep 26, 2009
bite me wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you move your a$$ to a city. All I hear from you is one gripe after another about the small town life. No, its not scary to go to a small town doctor. They are some of the finest in the state. No. 1...A lot come back to their hometown because of family ties No. 2...A lot had rather enjoy the small town life instead the rat race of a large city life. No. 3...The state of Georgia will pay off their tuition if they go to what is called a rural area and that alone is worth thousands. It is to try and keep doctors here and in the other small towns. Just carry your butte to Dothan Tallahassee or Albany the next time you have a heart attack. You need to squeeze that lemon of your butte and try and take a better view of things.
One gripe after another huh? that's funny. all i hear out of you is criticism .
I was stating a fact told to me by my brother..(who is a doctor).
nowthatsfunny

United States

#17 Sep 26, 2009
OH, and yes, we DO have to carry our butte's to either Dothan, Tallahasse, or Albany if we have heart problems, or any other health problems other than the common cold it seems like.
nowthatsfunny

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2009
upset wrote:
i recently went to the e.r. in donalsonville only to be told since i don't have insurance i would have to pay $100 up front to be treated for a kidney infection because it was not considered an emergency. i only went there because i couldn't get into a doctor for 5 more days.by then it could cause more damage but the dr refused to treat and i guarentee i will get a bill so high for absolutely nothing.
Sorry to hear that.
bite me

United States

#19 Sep 26, 2009
nowthatsfunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can assure your brother don't know what in the hell he is talking about when he said the ones from the bottom of the class go to small town.. He is full of sh!t
bite me

United States

#20 Sep 26, 2009
nowthatsfunny wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't hear criticism from me. This is my first post. I had to post because of family members that are doctors and are in small towns. And let me assure you they damn sure didn't graduate at the bottom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donalsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The no sale of Confederate flags has reached Co... 36 min NoahLovesU 145
Check this out 1 hr Will Dockery 23
*keep a word- drop a word* Game 2 hr Jonesie 143
Word Association 2 hr Jonesie 139
pizza 4 hr lol 4
Walking (To The Edge Of Town) - The Video 7 hr Will Dockery 128
Quote of the Day 7-2-15 7 hr Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Donalsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE