Comments
1 - 20 of 296 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 12
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Donalsonville, Georgia

#1 Sep 2, 2008
Hi Y'all! I was telling a friend of mine about Dr. Dallas Moore and could not remember many details. I know he was a "Faith Healer". Right? I just remember buses stopping at our house and asking for directions to Dr. Moore's and I remember Papa saying that people waited in line for days to see him. I also remember being in Chicago, at McDonalds and the lady asked where we were from. When Papa told her Donalsonville, she said "Will you please take my name, give it to Dr. Moore and have him pray for me?"
An interesting man from Donalsonville!
Thanks!
God Help Us

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2008
I remember him well. You could set your watch by the buses that came thru town headed out to Dr. Moore’s farm. He knew about everything that was going on in the county too. I knew someone that ran away from home. Who knew what time this person left town and what kind of car they got in leaving town? None other Dr. Moore. The runaway was brought back home by 10 the same night. The parents had the good sense to go to the man that knew things.
jay

Miami, FL

#3 Oct 23, 2008
I recall a nephew of Dr. Moore's was carrying on his work. I believe his name was Dullas Moore. I haven't heard anything else about his family.
Long time ago

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#4 Oct 23, 2008
Years ago when a vehicle was stopped by the police around Donalsonville, if you searched him, and found a small cloth bag in his pocket, you would take his Mojo bag away. It was a small cloth bag that had chicken bones, feathers, herbs, and seeds that Dr Moore sold to keep away evil spirits. The person carrying the bag in most cases would feel powerless without it. A lot of them thought it had magical powers that would protect them.
Smileypeach

Brussels, Belgium

#5 Oct 23, 2008
Really? That is very interesting! I remember Papa saying that people would wait in line for days to see him.
i live here too

Rockwall, TX

#6 Oct 23, 2008
Dr. Moore put donalsonville on the map. besides the Aldays killings donalsonville was known world wide because of Dr. Moore. He passed away in december of 1990. His home is on 9l going towards the Fl line. his son Fred is supposed to have taken up his practice. I know the whole "family" history The "Moores" is a well known black family in this town.It is so true that people came from world wide to this town just to see Dr. Moore. Douglas was not a Moore. his mother was Dr. Moores sister. Douglas last name is Jones. Any thing eles just ask me cause i live here too.
Long time ago

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#7 Oct 23, 2008
A lot of the cars coming from New York and New Jersey to Dr Moore would have the trunk packed with letters from people wanting healing and help. Most of the letters would have money to pay him
gopher

United States

#8 Oct 23, 2008
I heard Red Fox from Sanford and Son came to see Dr. Moore.
StrawHat

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Oct 23, 2008
Elvis and The Goat Man came to see him too.
bully

Ambrose, GA

#10 Oct 23, 2008
i think i saw poppa smurf there too
throwback

Ocilla, GA

#11 Oct 23, 2008
i live here too wrote:
Douglas was not a Moore. his mother was Dr. Moores sister. Douglas last name is Jones. Any thing eles just ask me cause i live here too.
DJ. A good friend.
LadyBug08

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 27, 2008
I have contacted a Guy name Dallas Moore II is he related to him he i ssuppose to be in the miami Florida area... Can someone please help me on this Information

Since: Oct 08

Hinesville, GA

#13 Oct 27, 2008
I was just wondering could you all fill me in on this story.. My father has said the same thing.. I really want to know more.. Could you email me back or respond with the full story about this..?:)
Interesting

Macon, GA

#14 Oct 28, 2008
I met this man ONCE and it has stayed with me to this very day. I found him to be very neat, dressed in a Cuban shirt...and very intelligent and informative. He struck up a conversation with me out of the blue...just totally out of the blue and with ME...out of a crowd of people... about the 12 apostles and the symbolism in the Bible. It was a rather strange conversation and strange event. Perhaps that is why it has stayed with me. I had always heard of Dr. Moore but I did not know who he was until one of my stunned friends said "Do you have any idea who you were talking with?" They were looking at me as if I had been set on fire or something right before their eyes. I often wondered why he chose me and why he held that conversation with me. I would have enjoyed listening to more of what he had to say.
Georgia Girl

Fitzgerald, GA

#15 Oct 30, 2008
In the 80's I worked at a store in Donalsonville. Dr. Moore used to come in sometimes and make purchases. He had a woman named Sylvia that carried the money. He was thin and had light colored eyes. He was very nice and I always enjoyed seeing him. I believe he would have been an interesting person to know. However, I just don't believe Freddie his son has what he had to capture the attention of the people. Dr. Moore didn't seem to put up with a lot of nonsense. He was all business and seemed to have a lot of people's respect.
gopher

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2008
someone should write a book about him.
Nette

Savannah, GA

#17 Nov 1, 2008
Could someone tell me how to get to Fred? Do you need to make an appointment (since the comments are talking about bus loads of people going) or can you just show up at his house? Has Fred helped people like the Dr. did? What is the best day/time to go see him?
yolanda

United States

#18 Nov 3, 2008
i also remember Dr.Moore from the 80's. My family would travel for 4-5 hrs to see him. He had a niece name Shandora, she passed away last year. She was a very straight forward woman. Very good at what she did...

she will be greatly missed.....
bob simpson

AOL

#19 Feb 7, 2009
i used to drive the bus from newark nj, to donalsonville ga many times. i seen some very strange sights. i am retired now living in princeton, nc i got a red bag every time i went! i have spoke with dr moore 15 times or so. i seen red fox picture on the wall, also a picture of the president. mmarvinsimpson@aol.com
G money

Freeport, FL

#20 Feb 9, 2009
Dr Moore was a good man. He treated everyone wit respect, black , white , it did not matter. I am white, as a kid I used to be allowed to hunt on his property, all he wanted was some meat to share withhis family. I grew up with several of his nephews and was good friends with them too..My dad and Dallas hada good relationship and we actually would stop and talk to him at times. I do know he was a no nonsense kind of guy too. If you ever asked him we would always tell you the truth..I remember traveling to Ft Lauderdale, and meeting som eof his kin there by pure chance.. Everyone loved Dallas Moore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donalsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 34 min rename 53,376
First State Bank (Feb '14) 58 min ma bell 11
crotch rocket Fri Big Red 29
Sunnys Grocery,Lake Seminole The old J.W.'s!! Thu wonder 1
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Pfffft 185
Islam Aug 28 Garry 3
Obama did what? Aug 28 Garry 12
•••
•••
•••

Donalsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Donalsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE