First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rufus wiff da gold tufus

Hoffman Estates, IL

#22 Jun 23, 2013
Carl Forrester wrote:
Has anyone taken a drive around Blue Island lately? See all the jungles growing in people’s yards, business lots?
VERTERANS SQ- Flag Poles on Western Ave. Bridge)- Volunteers planted a lot of nice things. However, have you seen it lately? The weeds have overtaken the whole thing! The weeds are so out of control that the “Cruise Nights” signs are half-covered.
STREET/STOP SIGNS- so rusty I can’t even make out what they are.
Seeing all these unmaintained jungles and rust poles around town makes me wonder if we have a Public Works Dept at all? What are our tax dollars paying for?
WIRETON RD- Wright’s Furniture is no longer cutting their grass. This looks like they are working on growing a forest next to their building. This looks terrible!
Hey man's wee's black folk have been held down by the white man's for four hundred years dog.Im's too tired to cut's my grasses man.the goverment owes us folks reprokushions for my great,Great grand daddy being a slave way back then man.Wee's should get free cell phones.free edumacation,free housing,food stamps and our gold front toofs replaced when needed.You honkys owes us man!!!!!
Carl Forrester

United States

#23 Jul 5, 2013
A while back, there were flowers and such planted over by Dunkin Donuts at the corner of 127th and Gregory. However, once someone planted the flowers, they never bothered to maintain them. So, now it just looks like a big patch of weeds on the corner. Someone needs to either tear it all out or get rid of the weeds so the flowers can grow.

Also, I was getting my rx at Walgreens and couldn't help but notice th terrible condition the strip mall next door is in. Where Hollywood Video used to be is just disgusting. City officials need to MAKE this owner clean this lot up AND fine him.

How is Blue Island ever going to look better if no one bothers to maintain what they own??
BOB

Alsip, IL

#24 Jul 5, 2013
Carl Forrester wrote:
A while back, there were flowers and such planted over by Dunkin Donuts at the corner of 127th and Gregory. However, once someone planted the flowers, they never bothered to maintain them. So, now it just looks like a big patch of weeds on the corner. Someone needs to either tear it all out or get rid of the weeds so the flowers can grow.
Also, I was getting my rx at Walgreens and couldn't help but notice th terrible condition the strip mall next door is in. Where Hollywood Video used to be is just disgusting. City officials need to MAKE this owner clean this lot up AND fine him.
How is Blue Island ever going to look better if no one bothers to maintain what they own??
This has been the M.O. of the leadership of the city.
Joke

Blue Island, IL

#25 Jul 5, 2013
That strip mall with Jimmy Johns and Hollywood is a complete mess. The owner has never seemed to care yo maintain this. Get with it already!!!
Stevo jr

Orland Park, IL

#26 Jul 5, 2013
Carl Forrester wrote:
All you stated was on the list of things to do both by Alan & Tommy.Ask the current Mayor to address the issue.The fence at city hall was constructed to hold all the over planted shit back from walkways.
Anonymous

Midlothian, IL

#27 Jul 5, 2013
Anyone ever consider some of these business owners are reliant on their landlords when it comes to landscaping?

Also, it cannot still be going unnoticed (to some_ that with all of these single-family home property value collapses, it is the commercial property owner that walks away with a viable business model in which they are finally making a profit...

As example, the largest illegal billboard in Midlothian is signage advertising a car dealership that not only moved to another community years ago, they eventually went out of business all-together.

Now ask yourself. Why should the bank invest any money into property improvements, such as removal of all illegal signage, when there are a number of real estate investors just looking for their next fire-sale deal in the single-family home marketplace...but not commercial property? They aren't afraid of a few fines because they can simply bundle the fines into the sale of the property and yet the Village has taken no action to at least issue a citation.

I have been thinking for years there has been a group of "business" people who live with nothing but fear that a community will somehow rise out of their debt and ratchet up the taxes...

With very few people interested in opening a business to begin with...filling commercial space with interested business owners is not a very attractive proposition.

P.S. That decades-old signage saying "Mayfair" is worth fairly earn bucks to your community...perhaps consider it a symbolic re-compensation effort for all of the economic damages that have transpired due to the
enough to cover the costs of labor to landscape no less than the memorials...even Midlothian waits for complaints rather than being pro-active with their memorial by the Metra train.
BOB

Alsip, IL

#28 Jul 6, 2013
Blue Island waits for complaints and then snitches on the person that filed the complaint. This goes on with the building dept. and the police dept. If you do not believe me try it yourself. Ask one of your neighbors or friends to participate. Call about the dog barking. The police officer will go straight to the door and tell the dog owner who called.
Zip Zilch Nada

Chicago, IL

#29 Jul 6, 2013
Most departments do not follow policy and procedure, in fact they do not know what the policy and procedures are, therefore "Best Practice" isn't even part of their vocabulary.
Post Election

Chicago, IL

#30 Jul 6, 2013
Why is it Blue Island has an abundance of eye sores, safety hazards, fill my pockets programs, walking funds, no answers, foreclosures, vacant properties, fraud, waste, epic failure, and corruption?
Stevo jr

Orland Park, IL

#31 Jul 6, 2013
They even profited from the people's parade on the 4th of July selling flags and other bullshit.
Another Walking Fund

Chicago, IL

#32 Jul 6, 2013
Stevo jr wrote:
They even profited from the people's parade on the 4th of July selling flags and other bullshit.
Where are the profits from the trinkets for the People's Parade?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lillian R. Woodyatt 2 hr John Klawitter 1
Blue Island Strong (Jan '14) 6 hr Lost and Found 264
Snow removal 16 hr election time 128
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 16 hr it is what it is 87
Midlothian Library 18 hr Dolton 2
On The Bright Side 22 hr Usual Response 4
What is Ald Vieyra doing to reopen the Chatham... (Sep '10) Fri Still Closed 606
Dolton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dolton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future