Dolton Park Crooks (AGAIN)

Dolton Park Crooks (AGAIN)

Posted in the Dolton Forum

All Eyes on YOU

Peotone, IL

#1 Mar 24, 2011
For the second time, someone affiliated with the Dolton Park District has deleted a post pertaining to the corruption at Dolton Park District. Stop trying to hide the truth from the people of Dolton!!! Information posted is from PUBLIC RECORDS and can be PROVEN by witnesses!!! It read:

Director of Dolton Park District, Lonette Hall, is responsible for hiring her friend, Kendall Parrott, as Superintendent of Parks, despite his recent federal conviction of fraud while serving as Director of the Harvey Park District (SOURCE: http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/indict/2007/u... ). With Dolton Park's dire financial situation it makes absolutely NO SENSE to hire someone known for stealing from tax payers and cheating citizens of Harvey out of scarce funds.

Since her employment, Lonette has hired only her rude, unprofessional and inconsiderate family and friends to hide her own deceit and has contributed to the demise of park programs and misuse of funds. Like Parrott, she NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED (Birds of a feather flock together). Programs have left and instructors/coaches have left and there is barely anything available for our youth. Please don't be deceived by the seasonal book mailed to you which lists numerous programs that DO NOT EXIST.

Lonette is also responsible for laying off/firing numerous long-term dedicated employees to replace them with her convict and ghetto acquaintances. Her own daughter had a reputation for selling drugs on park premises while she was employed and nothing was done. Are background checks and drug testing given to Dolton Park employees interacting with YOUR children???

Majority of park district staff hired by Lonette are not residents of Dolton and could care less about our community, including her. Our village is suffering so please get out and VOTE APRIL 5th. We desperately need new Commissioners and a new Director!!! Change starts with YOU. Let's rebuild our park district!!!
SPEAK UP

Peotone, IL

#3 Mar 24, 2011
A DPD Employer said on the thread that was deleted:

"From the inside. Mr Parrott has NO control over anything financial. When the director is out the Office Manager is in charge".

ONLY AT A BUSINESS WHERE CORRUPTION IS PRESENT DOES THE OFFICE MANAGER HAVE A HIGHER RANK THAN THE PARK SUPERINTENDENT. ANY SUPERINTENDENT OF A PARK HAS A BUDGET AND THE AUTHORIZATION TO MAKE PURCHASES (SUPPOSEDLY) FOR THE PARK. MR. PARROTT WAS ALREADY FOUND GUILTY OF FRAUD AT ANOTHER PARK DISTRICT. THE FBI NEEDS TO IMMEDIATELY STEP IN AND INVESTIGATE THE DIRECTOR!!!

SHE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS PARROTT AND EVERYONE AT THE PARK DISTRICT KNOWS IT. THEY ARE JUST TOO AFRAID TO SPEAK UP FOR THE SAKE OF LOSING THEIR JOB!!!
keep it real

Riverdale, IL

#4 Mar 24, 2011
Dam you hit it on the head holding back no punches I like that. And your so right the crook is there to teach the future crook not knowing she's already been practicing! Has anyone found out why she's no longer at Richton park not to mention why Lester Long recommended her in the first place and why her current boss Mr. Alan Shears let's her do as she pleases, he really had us all fooled thinking he would actually be a real leader. And you are so right about her programs they all fail because she only wants glory for creating them not because she actually cares enough to work with others to make them successful it's either all her doing or it won't be done. And our community is suffering for it Our park stays empty of all positive things which makes it a safe haven for all the hoodlums I walked through it yesterday and saw at least 5 open used condums what the heck is going on. LET'S MAKE A CHANGE PEOPLE GET OUT AND VOTE.
SPEAK UP

Peotone, IL

#5 Mar 24, 2011
EVERY THREAD YOU HAVE DELETED IS ALREADY DOCUMENTED AND RECORDED.
Stop trying to hide the truth and silence the people of Dolton. Your corruption has gone on for far too long "Director".

You have cheated the citizens of Dolton out of money and programs and contributed to the continuing demise of Dolton Park. In due time, justice will be served. Ask your buddy!
Yes I know

Beecher, IL

#6 Mar 25, 2011
@ All Eyes on you.......We have worked together coaching in Chicago and Dolton...It seems that you have an fixation because you are no longer employed in Dolton. I have heard you personally rip Ms. Hall and Mr. Parrott. I will not go into details of our many conversations; but your bitterness will be your demise. I thought you were a smarter and bigger person than that.
Honestly

Dolton, IL

#7 Mar 25, 2011
Honestly...people...it seems like this is a personal conflict of interest. You are all acting like you're in high school. This also falls on the community. The only problem with the park district is that some of the prices are a little high for programs, yeah, they are worth it, because our children will be occupied, but we are all going through hard and tuff times. The real problem is the disruption within this community. There is a lot of gossip going on and it is not the children, but rather adults with childish qualities. The Park district is here for us as a community to better ourselves and build foundations for the youth.

Who is in the position to talk about the money and all, no one and thats the problem with people now-a-days, we bring each other down without hesitation.

Please remember that Dolton Park District is to enhance the health and recreational needs of the community in which we live. Not to put people on blast when things do not go your way. If posting information about your personal feelings helps you to deal and sleep better at night than fine, but please remember you are not the only one affected. Things happen and people move on. It's about time everyone take a lesson in that. The cause is greater than self. It is a community not a personal playground.
sleeping giants T E A

United States

#8 Mar 25, 2011
To all of the sleeping giants in Dolton the time is near to get the attention of all public officials local or federal by voting. This April 5, the message to the public servants that do not serve us will be replaced with the rally of getting out the citizens to vote. Stop complaining if you want vote the canidates into office that share the views of the Dolton residents.
Trying to understand why

Oakland, CA

#9 Mar 25, 2011
"All Eyes on YOU"DO YOU know if the Dolton Bears have a 503c non-for-profit status? If they do with all the support and leadership they have, why aren't they taking advantage of the tool? Do they pay for any services that the Dolton Park District provides for the community based parent run program.(Storage, Office space, water, electricity,lights etc? The Dolton Park District is mandated by the State of Illinois Parks & Recreation Association. Who do the Dolton Bears have to answer to. Who overseas the monies collected and insures that guidelines are followed? The word on the street is they paid to use Thornridge High School Football Fields but can't return next year because of problems. I was told the reason they can't play at the park is because it is under repair because the fields have been used so much(year round program,camps,etc.) it's going to cost Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars to bring back to playing status for Safety. I was told the field is under construction so it can't be used,its a slow process without the funding, we need to be putting our efforts in trying to find funding to repair the fields not trying to down our cousins for trying to do the same thing. We need to provide a safe place for our Youth to grow and become good citizens. If it's true that the Dolton Bears don't have any overhead cost, RENT etc, they should have a plan to help the The Dolton Park District and our community be a place where our youth will see first hand how grown FOLKS,COUSINS can work together. Instead we are teaching our Youth to hate and disrespect establishments & community. Come on People (Cousins) It Takes Money to fund programs. I'm sure the Commissioners that are elected now have things in the works and are working hard to restore the fields. By trying to bring in New Commissioners, unless they have relationships with the State Legislators working with them It's not going to happen. I've done a little research through FOI and found that Funds have been apply for and relationships are in place to get results. Don't be Bamboozled, by individuals, That don't understand the process and only have Special Interest. The Dolton Park District has more than just one program to provide for our youth. The Commissioners were elected to provide services for ALL OF DOLTON RESIDENTS. USE YOUR VOTE WISELY. Don't Make it personal. It Could cost us our Parks and put us back in the Red. I also found out the Park District is debt free. Check Out the Fact's, Spend time at the Park and talk to some of there volunteer coaches. They are the real leaders of our Community. They Get it!!!
I Think the Park Director is doing a great Job, managing your tax dollars and trying to get the most qualified employees to provide the services to keep our parks on the leading edge. We have a Park Professional. She's a Strong Educated Women that has a vision that some Special Interest individuals have a problem with because she has a Park to manage. This is not personal, This is a business, Your Business!! I'm a Supporter of Our Park District. Not a Hater!!!! Support Your Parks!!! Don't Hate our Own!!! Show Our Youth how to really Use Team Work. Let's Work together!! I hope you agree. Just My opinion!! The parks are funded through property taxes, with all the vacant houses the park is receiving 40% less of the revenue from taxes to run. Let's keep it real!!
Helping You Understand

South Holland, IL

#10 Mar 28, 2011
I see you are busy "Trying to understand" Your questioned was answered under the

BLOG:
"Dont Let the Dolton Bears Take Over The Park!"

Your understandment is there. This blog is about Crooks in Dolton in which I'm guessin they are referencing you Ms. Administrator!
Agree to Disagree

South Holland, IL

#11 Mar 28, 2011
Honestly...people...it seems like this is a personal conflict of interest. You are all acting like you're in high school. This also falls on the community. The only problem with the park district is that some of the prices are a little high for programs, yeah, they are worth it, because our children will be occupied, but we are all going through hard and tuff times. The real problem is the disruption within this community. There is a lot of gossip going on and it is not the children, but rather adults with childish qualities. The Park district is here for us as a community to better ourselves and build foundations for the youth.

Who is in the position to talk about the money and all, no one and thats the problem with people now-a-days, we bring each other down without hesitation.

Please remember that Dolton Park District is to enhance the health and recreational needs of the community in which we live. Not to put people on blast when things do not go your way. If posting information about your personal feelings helps you to deal and sleep better at night than fine, but please remember you are not the only one affected. Things happen and people move on. It's about time everyone take a lesson in that. The cause is greater than self. It is a community not a personal playground.

I can agree with were you have went with your blog. The park district is all of that and it should stand for all that. I dont think its the Park District people are referencing. This is my opinion and I could be wrong. Its the Management these people are tired of and putting on blast as you call it. I will also agree with your point, people have entered hard times and times are hard, but in saying this, most people will pay for the pricey programs you are referring to if they felt welcomed and were assured they were getting there money worth. Understand, these people are not just doing anything. They are moving to surrounding parks, taking there business elsewhere. Hard times have been among us for a very long time and I am sure you will pay for quality. I dont beleive this is childish. Evan yourself would want to know why the park has seen numbers drop. Why there is lack of participation. There is no reason why our park only has three to four programs going on at this moment with a low enrollment rate. What happen to those parents that were faithful Dolton Park Users. They have left because of poor service, bad attitude, lack of honesty, lack of organization, and the ability to accept one owns responsibility. Although some have expressed personal feelings I will agree, but many things said are public record. These are facts that cant be hidden. If it will bring children/adults back to the park, then explain yourself and say this is what it is. Dont push them away, make excuses, and blame everyone else for your problems or shortcommings. Provide quality customer service. You are not going to spend your money at a restaurant that doesnt make you feel welcome and doesnt have good food. I believe this is what the people are saying. Why they are blogging. Its not the park, its the administration. The fustration is you have to deal with administration to be a part of the park in which many of the people grew up using!
ONLY IF YOU KNEW

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 28, 2011
Agree to Disagree wrote:
I can agree with were you have went with your blog. The park district is all of that and it should stand for all that. I dont think its the Park District people are referencing. This is my opinion and I could be wrong. Its the Management these people are tired of and putting on blast as you call it. I will also agree with your point, people have entered hard times and times are hard, but in saying this, most people will pay for the pricey programs you are referring to if they felt welcomed and were assured they were getting there money
Itís about time somebody has said something that actually means something at this point. This blog has gone way too far ... The administration at Dolton Park needs a shakedown bottom line!!!! But keep in mind don't expect instant gratification when this change does come, it takes time ... As residents of Dolton for change to come we must exercise our right and get the word out to others to vote and then the next step is for us to partake in meetings, events and etc., so that the mishap that has been allowed with the current administration does not happen again. You cannot make a change behind a computer screen, or in the living room of your home. You want change itís within you to change it so be like Nike and just do it!!!!
Involved Citizen

Harvey, IL

#13 Mar 29, 2011
Everyone is right about this is not a personal issue. It should be a professional one-one that serves to protect our tax dollars and more importantly us, the citizens that should be able to have programs, facilities (not just basketball-I'm too old for that) and services in place. Next Tuesday we will have the opportunity to put people in office to hopefully change the way things are operated. GET OUT AND VOTE.

I see some posts have been deleted (Reference to asking for financial books). What good is that when they only show what Ms. Hall want them to show. That's why someone on the inside is needed that is privy to ALL information and not just "false" information. Should this be the FBI, like in Harvey. That is a question we should be ready to answer as a whole community. You see where it got Harvey Park District. Is it still operational? Again, let's VOTE!

Lastly, I have heard and have read the stuff on both Mr. Parrot and Ms. Hall. It is my opinion that this is an unprofessional relationship. They spend a lot of time together not business related. Based upon the word on the street, he is the one that is instructing her on the daily operation (she is clueless when it comes to running the park district). I can believe some of it because I am slowly seeing a change in the apperance of the parks (not enough though). I know Mr. Parrot from using the banquet halls at the HPD over the years. He is a kind, smart and well versed person. I would not want to see him lower himself back into the same position that he is trying to climb out of (assuming he is trying). I am sure this man just wanted a job and the chance to work with a park district was offered to him. I am almost postive that he did not know what he was getting into. Ms. Hall is the one that should be "questioned" as our problems existed LONG before Mr. Parrot. I will say to him though that he should learn to separate work from personal. People do talk and I think he is still married unless it is an open marriage.

People, let's VOTE. Not just to change the park district director, or commissioners but the city as a whole.
sleeping giants T E A

United States

#14 Mar 30, 2011
The facts are the commissioners that oversee the parks in dolton have been on that board for some time now and, the things that have or have not been done is on them. Now that there is an election were they have an opposing canidate its a threat to them because, they have continued to be unopposed in past elections.The park district has been operating on the buddy system if you know the commissioners you can get things if you dont nothing happened for you, even the youth summer employment.I only want to ask when this job become a political one that only helps its friends and, family and not the community that it suppose to serve.This talk about the Dolton Bears taking over is personal. Just take them out and we can get someone to measure them. The non-functional board that exists at the park district only hurts the residents of the village. Lets get our act together.
All Eyes on YOU

Peotone, IL

#16 Apr 5, 2011
Start preparing your resignation letter, Ms. Director!
visine

Aurora, IL

#17 Jul 4, 2012
All Eyes on YOU wrote:
Start preparing your resignation letter, Ms. Director!
maybe you needed get your eyes checked. She is gone, and the problems are now worse. Stay anonymous you coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 8 min Excavator 130
Channel 4 City Council Meetings 41 min Revealed 40
Mike Cornell for Chief of Police Now ! 2 hr sit n spin 24
Blue Island Gravy Train 3 hr Happy Holidays 56
Throwback Thursday 5 hr Get REAL 11
Poll why do people think union yard signs mean somet... (Oct '12) 6 hr Runforrestrun 23
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 6 hr abuse of power 222

Dolton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dolton Mortgages