First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mia in Dolton

Chicago, IL

#22 Dec 10, 2009
Our little town use to be Nice, Quiet and Clean. I agree we need to shut Mr. Rickys down there is so much traffic so many thugs coming to our once nice town. I stopped by white castle one nite after work and had to call the police just to get out of the lot.I can tell you why the police is not there when the clubs let out because they are usually at the club across the tracks.
Robert

Saint Charles, IL

#23 Dec 11, 2009
This is just crazy you can't go to a night club and just have a good time people always want to gosomewhere and just mess some stuff up I like going up to Mr. Ricky's to but if they are going to be shooting and fighting up there then I will
just stay away from there It just seem like Chicago is getting more and more violent now you be pretty much scared to leave your house times need to really get better I just want to thank the lord I am still living praise God
murder town

Harvey, IL

#24 Dec 14, 2009
2 more people shot at the clubs this weekend.

the number keeps rising.

what is it gonna take?
Jr in dolton

Palos Hills, IL

#25 Dec 14, 2009
murder town wrote:
the number keeps rising.
what is it gonna take?
We have not seen anything in the paper about it. Was this someone you know.
in dolton

Riverdale, IL

#26 Dec 19, 2009
murder town wrote:
the number keeps rising.
what is it gonna take?
Why don't the people who get shot come to the Village Hall Meetings on one of the 1st Monday or the 3rd Monday each month and find out what has happened with their case? This does two things: holds the community leaders accountable, including the police, and the Mayor of Dolton. How are they holding the clubs in Dolton accountable? They have a cover charge to get in. The police keep letting them off the hook. Maybe they need to fine them or shut them down!? Where is the State Liquor Commissioner in all this?
murder town-in dolton

Harvey, IL

#27 Dec 23, 2009
good question? in dolton

1 the people who get shot dont live in dolton
2 the mayor is the liquor comissioner $60,000 a year in salary plus benefits and pay for being the mayor
3 ask the mayor he drinks in mr rickeys
Old Dolton

Baytown, TX

#28 Dec 25, 2009
murder town-in dolton wrote:
good question? in dolton
1 the people who get shot dont live in dolton
2 the mayor is the liquor comissioner $60,000 a year in salary plus benefits and pay for being the mayor
3 ask the mayor he drinks in mr rickeys
How do you know this to be true? Just because the Mayor of Dolton drinks there, does not make him the Liquor Commissioner!
live in dolton

Riverdale, IL

#29 Dec 25, 2009
Old Dolton wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know this to be true? Just because the Mayor of Dolton drinks there, does not make him the Liquor Commissioner!
The Mayor has always been the Liquor Commissioner in Dolton. That why it still in Business. Robert Shaw hangs out over there too. He still on the payroll for Dolton. Just sucking the money out of Dolton! Has anyone see him working and just what does he do?
Jr in dolton

Riverdale, IL

#30 Dec 25, 2009
HEY look at Comcast Channel 4! Whats up with that?

How MUCH ARE THESE PEOPLE BEING PAYED ? THAT A SIN!!!
save us

Riverdale, IL

#31 Dec 26, 2009
All the trustees get paid way too much for the part-time elected positions they have, and they pay the lawyer a real good chunk of money to allow this stuff to go on. The Mayor gets paid as the Mayor, and he gets an additional very high stipend to be the Liquor Commissioner, too. So if the Mayor is not the one keeping the Bars open, then WHO IS....?????? How many have to be shot in Dolton before they close them down ?!?!?!?!?! The trustees have no clue because we can see this from the Board Meeting Of Dec. 21,09 on Comcast Channel 4 in Dolton, when the first trustee wants to have the same company stay at the Dorchester that they are having funds missing or cash lost. The company and its head officers should be held accountable, and they would be in a real world. THEY (trustees) should not put an incompentent management company back in the job. Maybe those company officials should be in a 4x4 jail cell. At least two (maybe all three who voted no on a new company) of the trustees seem to be pretty chummy with the current mis-management company and maybe they should leave their seats IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT NOW, BEFORE THE END OF THE OLD YEAR, OR THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP RIGHT ALONG WITH THE INCOMPENTENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY AT THE DORCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Old Dolton

Indianapolis, IN

#32 Dec 26, 2009
save us wrote:
All the trustees get paid way too much for the part-time elected positions they have, and they pay the lawyer a real good chunk of money to allow this stuff to go on. The Mayor gets paid as the Mayor, and he gets an additional very high stipend to be the Liquor Commissioner, too. So if the Mayor is not the one keeping the Bars open, then WHO IS....?????? How many have to be shot in Dolton before they close them down ?!?!?!?!?! The trustees have no clue because we can see this from the Board Meeting Of Dec. 21,09 on Comcast Channel 4 in Dolton, when the first trustee wants to have the same company stay at the Dorchester that they are having funds missing or cash lost. The company and its head officers should be held accountable, and they would be in a real world. THEY (trustees) should not put an incompentent management company back in the job. Maybe those company officials should be in a 4x4 jail cell. At least two (maybe all three who voted no on a new company) of the trustees seem to be pretty chummy with the current mis-management company and maybe they should leave their seats IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT NOW, BEFORE THE END OF THE OLD YEAR, OR THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP RIGHT ALONG WITH THE INCOMPENTENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY AT THE DORCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Exactly...The first trustee is the one that put the late Mayor Shaw up in her house while the Mayor's wife was living in the city, during his terms as Mayor. By the way she is caring on, it looks like she is upset because the ousted management of the Dorchester (Victor Shaw & cronies), will be losing their $7,500.00 twice a month and by all means she was for sure getting a kick back...And then the other two trustees Lowe and Harris are pouting because the Mayor did not explain anything about this to them. What is there to explain--THEY GOT CAUGHT WITH THEIR HANDS IN THE COOKIE JAR--plain and simple. I think that they (anyone involved) should step down. Unfortunately, not enough voters came out in April 2009 so, because there was a low turn out to vote--they were allowed to stay. And then Trustee Green, got her seat minutes after the late Mayor passed. To me this woman is not qualified to sit in that seat. She does not seem confident with herself! How can we oust these underknowledgeable folk from the Trustees of Dolton? If you have an idea, please let us know. Thank you and let us save Dolton NOW!!
TIMES UP

Riverdale, IL

#34 Jan 3, 2010
Old Dolton wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly...The first trustee is the one that put the late Mayor Shaw up in her house while the Mayor's wife was living in the city, during his terms as Mayor. By the way she is caring on, it looks like she is upset because the ousted management of the Dorchester (Victor Shaw & cronies), will be losing their $7,500.00 twice a month and by all means she was for sure getting a kick back...And then the other two trustees Lowe and Harris are pouting because the Mayor did not explain anything about this to them. What is there to explain--THEY GOT CAUGHT WITH THEIR HANDS IN THE COOKIE JAR--plain and simple. I think that they (anyone involved) should step down. Unfortunately, not enough voters came out in April 2009 so, because there was a low turn out to vote--they were allowed to stay. And then Trustee Green, got her seat minutes after the late Mayor passed. To me this woman is not qualified to sit in that seat. She does not seem confident with herself! How can we oust these underknowledgeable folk from the Trustees of Dolton? If you have an idea, please let us know. Thank you and let us save Dolton NOW!!
Let's see how many trustees show up at tomorrow night's meeting. Citizens need to show up, and look at what uninformed trustees look like. These trustees don't appear to care about the Village, only about certain friends and family members. Green's long time companion was the former Mayor, who was the father of Victor. Doesn't Harris' daughter work at the Dorchester? Lowe WANTS to put some of his friends in as the management company AFTER the resolution comes up for a vote? Shouldn't this item legally go out for a competitive bid? Shouldn't all trustees and the Mayor know that since its over $10,000, by State Law? What, EXACTLY, is the attorney paid all that money for? Any of these people with special interests can still vote in good faith? These trustees are entrusted with the duties of carrying out financial, employment, and legal responsibilities of the Village, instead of creating financial, employment, and legal liabilities like they are currently doing! The Mayor said if you don't know, ask him. Ask the Attorney! Why should the head of the Corporation (Mayor) go to the trustees - they (Trustees) should come to him with their questions, just like Trustee Lambert said.
Doltonite

Hollywood, FL

#35 Jan 3, 2010
Hopefully, the negative three trustees have sat with the Mayor and have calmed down! Wasting the time of the citizens that do go to the meetings, these three are up there yelling at the Mayor. Unbelievably, they were up there yelling and Trustee Green yelling at a resident, who is a Dolton Library official. First of all, Trustee Green needs to apologize to her and hopefully we do not see this attitude thing going on again with Green, Lowe or Harris. Investigate them all to see who should be there and who should not--file charges on the people who were "stealing" from the Village of Dolton. No wonder we have no money for equipment, employees, whatever Dolton needs!!
MediaBugz

Chicago, IL

#36 Jan 8, 2010
No one got shot at Rickys. If you PAY ATTENTION INSTEAD OF BEING MEDIA BUGS BITING DOWN ON EVERYTHING THE NEWS FEEDS YOU then you would know. The shooting happened at 142nd and Chicago rd behind Angels Tap, Mr Rickys is 141 and Chicago rd. Pay attention, shooting on 142nd and Chicago Rd, Mr Rickys 141 and Chicago Rd. Further more people commenting on the glass in the streets, you can't leave a nightclub with a bottle or a drink, but people of Dolton did u ever think there's a liquor store right there on 141st and Chicago Rd. Guess you don't know your own neighborhood. R.I.P CORTEZ
JR in Dolton

Riverdale, IL

#38 Jan 9, 2010
MediaBugz wrote:
No one got shot at Rickys. If you PAY ATTENTION INSTEAD OF BEING MEDIA BUGS BITING DOWN ON EVERYTHING THE NEWS FEEDS YOU then you would know. The shooting happened at 142nd and Chicago rd behind Angels Tap, Mr Rickys is 141 and Chicago rd. Pay attention, shooting on 142nd and Chicago Rd, Mr Rickys 141 and Chicago Rd. Further more people commenting on the glass in the streets, you can't leave a nightclub with a bottle or a drink, but people of Dolton did u ever think there's a liquor store right there on 141st and Chicago Rd. Guess you don't know your own neighborhood. R.I.P CORTEZ
"MediaBugz"-you are such a fake. You pretend to know Mr. Moutry who was shot dead and five others wounded after celebrating his 22nd birthday at Mr. Ricky's club in Dolton. But, you didn't know him, you are only interested in covering up for Mr. Ricky's. He was killed just after leaving the Club. Mr. Ricky's Club is in the middle of the block and they are responsible. It is a shame that the greedy club owners are packing the patrons into the bar like sardines, charging a huge cover charge, charging them to park in lots they don't own, and then when something happens (over and over again) due to all the overcrowding, shoving, or whatever minor dispute happened inside the club, the club owners and managers are such chickens YOU want to blame the "parking" lot for causing their dispute. The parking lot was less than 100 yards from the front door to Mr. Ricky's. Yes, Mr. Moutry, R. I. P. But I am sure you won't until the perp is brought to justice, and Mr. Ricky's is shut down. The truth will come out. As for the media, we need them to get accurate, truthful stories, instead, in this case, they were fed a line of bull from Mr. Ricky's when they took a picture of the empty lot at the old mustard seed, 100 yards in the opposite direction. As for your statement that no one got shot at Mr. Rickys, I am sure you would be the first one in line to carry the body out into the cold and dump it if it ever did happen in there.
CLOSE THE CLUBS

United States

#39 Feb 17, 2010
I purchased a home in Dolton in 1980's.It was nice,clean, and safe.I noticed a change when they let the sec 8 people from the projects in CHICAGO, rent houses out with the vouchers.BIG MISTAKE!!!!. ITS DEFINITELY A PROJECT HOUSE ON 144TH AN INGLESIDE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLOCK ON THE WEST SIDE IN A DARK ORANGE HOUSE. All they like to do is fight,the 2 girls are sluts like their mom. THE PARENTS DONT EVEN CARE.The mom Jackie stay at the clubs in Dolton every weekend,she even dress like a slut just like the rest of them that party at Mr.Ricky's. THE DOPE BOYS AND THUGS HANG OUT AT THESE CLUBS TO SEE WHO THEY GOING TO PICK UP AND TAKE HOME FOR THE NIGHT.The fights are over these trashy girls,Can you beleive that??/THESE WOMEN(GIRLS) HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM THATS WHY THEY DRESS AND CONDUCT THEMSELVES LIKE TRAMPS. GO BACK TO THE PROJECTS IN CHICAGO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. THEY WON'T CLOSE IT DOWN BECAUSE THE DOPE BOYS ARE PAYING OUT A LOT OF MONEY BUYING LIQUIOR.. MONEY TALKS IN DOLTON!!!!!!!!!
Miss Eyes of Dolton

Calumet City, IL

#40 Feb 27, 2010
I agree shut em all down, they've added more crime than revenue. Dolton police can't patrol the neighborhood on the weekend because of all the crime going on at the nightclubs, they are a CURSE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIIP and BITP 6 min What to Expect 22
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 1 hr Ongoing Investiga... 197
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 1 hr Myfakename 56
Snow removal 1 hr therealtip 19
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 3 hr Underwater 589
Alsip's Action Party Mayor Kitching (Mar '14) 14 hr Chiman31000 26
30 Year Old Fatally Stabbed at O'Malleys (Apr '09) 14 hr Chiman31000 34

Winter Storm Warning for Cook County was issued at February 01 at 4:08AM CST

Dolton Dating
Find my Match