whats the point

Western Springs, IL

#144 Jan 21, 2014
If parents did what they should at home this wouldnt be an issue. Taking the easy route and sending your kid to catholic school to teach them a sense of morality rarely works. Teach them proper values at home and they will thrive no matter where they go.
Info

Midlothian, IL

#145 Jan 21, 2014
Well look up our public school Kolmar and Springfield are among the lowest test scores in the state bottom 23% I will move before I put my kids though those schools
midlosux

Western Springs, IL

#146 Jan 21, 2014
Info wrote:
Well look up our public school Kolmar and Springfield are among the lowest test scores in the state bottom 23% I will move before I put my kids though those schools
Home school em
who cares

Ashburn, VA

#147 Jan 21, 2014
Info wrote:
isn't it true a that the teachers at St Christopher don't need a teaching degree only a teaching certificate. And public school teachers need a degree in teaching.
whats the point

Western Springs, IL

#148 Jan 21, 2014
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>isn't it true a that the teachers at St Christopher don't need a teaching degree only a teaching certificate. And public school teachers need a degree in teaching.
As someone that went to catholic school K-12 I don't know if that is true but, I have had amazing teachers and not so great ones. Just like at any other school. It sounds like St. Chris has been a failure for awhile and I don't see why anyone would send their kids there.
MikeRyan

Midlothian, IL

#149 Jan 21, 2014
If money problems means failure then we have failure at just about every level of government spread across this country. If you disagree with efforts to save the school, the ccd program, boy scouts, meals for the needy and everything else including the parish which would go in the near future then fine...You dont need to help. But why people need to rain down negativity is beyond me.
who cares

Ashburn, VA

#150 Jan 21, 2014
MikeRyan wrote:
If money problems means failure then we have failure at just about every level of government spread across this country. If you disagree with efforts to save the school, the ccd program, boy scouts, meals for the needy and everything else including the parish which would go in the near future then fine...You dont need to help. But why people need to rain down negativity is beyond me.
think of all the good that could have been done if the Catholics didn't have to spend millions on sexual abuse lawsuits. Instead they hid it for years.
who cares

Ashburn, VA

#151 Jan 21, 2014
Just read that the amount of money spent is over 650 million.
MikeRyan

Midlothian, IL

#152 Jan 21, 2014
I agree with you. 100% But this is more about the potential of losing a pilar of my community and the nameless haters on this site rather then the actions or decisions of the Catholic Church as a whole.
who cares

Ashburn, VA

#153 Jan 21, 2014
The actions of the church as a whole is what it causing them to make cuts, one being St Christopher.
use your heads

Chicago, IL

#154 Jan 21, 2014
MikeRyan wrote:
I agree with you. 100% But this is more about the potential of losing a pilar of my community and the nameless haters on this site rather then the actions or decisions of the Catholic Church as a whole.
Everyone is having financial problems right now living paycheck to paycheck. I pay for my kids school already. You all should be harassing the archdiocese for cutting funding and putting pressure on the deep pockets!
give it up

Chicago, IL

#155 Jan 21, 2014
There are alot of great charities out there now I will spend my money there!
The truth

Carol Stream, IL

#156 Jan 22, 2014
People, it is over! Never last forever.
Ed N

South Holland, IL

#157 Jan 22, 2014
Link to a story about the latest news on efforts to save St. Christopher School:
http://ednovick.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/savi...
Dolphin fan

Alsip, IL

#158 Jan 23, 2014
Justabigkid wrote:
I am sorry to see St. Chris close but there are other options for the children of Midlothian to obtain a Catholic school education. I live right down the street from St Chris but send my daughter to St George in Tinley Park. I did this because I knew a couple of teachers from other catholic schools and they said to stay away from schools run by the Archdiocese.
Doesn't make sense, st. George s run by the archdiocese also.
Save St Chris

Robbins, IL

#159 Jan 24, 2014
St. Christopher School recently received word that its plan to save the school was accepted by the Archdiocese. The people of this town are unbelievable in the way that they fight for what they believe. Who would believe that this modest town could do what has just been done, and done in just a bit over a week. At this point, over $58,000 has been donated and 1.86 million dollars has been pledged over five years. This is from people who all have tight budgets but will sacrifice to come up with $100 or more per month for the parish they love. There's incredible spirit and faith in this community. As one of the finance committee members said, it's like the movie It's a Wonderful Life, when the whole town came to the aid of Jimmy Stewart. I knew we could do it. We did it when a large amount of money was stolen by the church business director years ago. Midlo did it when we raised about $30,000 to send our WWII vets on the Honor Flight. God bless all who contributed their money and their prayers.
RES

Chicago, IL

#160 Jan 24, 2014
Way to invest in pedophiles, fairy tales, and books that encourage ethnic cleansing, slavery, genocide, and human trafficking. The stupidity of humans never ceases to amaze me. You bought it, you own it, Midlothian.
Jay Johnson

Blue Island, IL

#161 Jan 24, 2014
RES wrote:
Way to invest in pedophiles, fairy tales, and books that encourage ethnic cleansing, slavery, genocide, and human trafficking. The stupidity of humans never ceases to amaze me. You bought it, you own it, Midlothian.
Let's just agree to disagree. Midlothian is much better with the school than without it. This has nothing to do with where you claim the money will be going to.
Save St Chris

Robbins, IL

#162 Jan 24, 2014
RES wrote:
What we invest in is a vibrant parish that through its numerous organizations feeds and clothes thousands during the year, gives help and counsel to the homebound, the poor, those down on their luck, single mothers, victims of abuse, those who are needy in so many ways. Our priests are fine men who work seven days a week to keep the parish running and to minister to the many needs of their parishioners around the clock. Our outstanding teachers give our kids an excellent education and a very strong Christian moral compass to guide them through their lives. I don't know what books you're talking about that encourage things like slavery and genocide, but I will say that we all believe that life is sacred and probably the biggest genocide in history has been the killing of over 55 million babies since the Roe v Wade decision. You may call our belief in God and our belief that we receive the body and blood of Christ at Mass a fairy tale. We believe in the Word of God as passed down through the Bible and we hope that we live our Christian lives well enough that we may make it to the eternal peace of heaven. We are "down here" for just a short time and hope that our belief in these fairy tales will help us attain everlasting peace. Forever is a long time if you are not right in your beliefs.
5yearwho

Oak Lawn, IL

#163 Jan 25, 2014
Save St Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
What we invest in is a vibrant parish that through its numerous organizations feeds and clothes thousands during the year, gives help and counsel to the homebound, the poor, those down on their luck, single mothers, victims of abuse, those who are needy in so many ways. Our priests are fine men who work seven days a week to keep the parish running and to minister to the many needs of their parishioners around the clock. Our outstanding teachers give our kids an excellent education and a very strong Christian moral compass to guide them through their lives. I don't know what books you're talking about that encourage things like slavery and genocide, but I will say that we all believe that life is sacred and probably the biggest genocide in history has been the killing of over 55 million babies since the Roe v Wade decision. You may call our belief in God and our belief that we receive the body and blood of Christ at Mass a fairy tale. We believe in the Word of God as passed down through the Bible and we hope that we live our Christian lives well enough that we may make it to the eternal peace of heaven. We are "down here" for just a short time and hope that our belief in these fairy tales will help us attain everlasting peace. Forever is a long time if you are not right in your beliefs.
Don't try to argue with any of the Morons on here. They like 5 yr resident know everything. Glad the School will stay open. Now, some creativity will be needed as far as Fundraisers. How about bringing back the recycling trucks for cans and papers to start? Saturday afternoon Movies in the gym? A "Blanket" movie permit is only about $300.00 per year. Just thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
midlo tax hike 24 min Midlo Dog Walker 178
Bengal Football.., 2 hr TheTaxMan 45
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 4 hr Clear Choice 20
The BIIPS Have REEKED HAVOC on the Lives of Blu... 4 hr Honestly 12
The smell of burning leaves 4 hr Same problem here 43
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 4 hr Results 26
Governor Quinn are you Listening (Aug '13) 5 hr Reward Taxpayers 43
Dolton Dating
Find my Match

Dolton Jobs