Village Board Meeting

Posted in the Dolton Forum

Watchful Eye

Dolton, IL

#1 Apr 13, 2013
I'm to attend the meeting to ask EX Mayor iRonnie C. Lewis if he needs help packing his & his daughter's bags!!

I also want to ask Berton "crack head son" Herzog how it feels to be given the BOOT for a change!!! All his son did was steal & ask people for money...wait! Like Father like Crack Head Son!

I want to ask Riley Rogers if he intends to buy a HUGE BROOM & sweep out the Water Dept. After all, the women down there either don't come to work, act / dress unprofessionally, don't know their job, & don't shut off water of people who don't pay their bills!!

It's the dawn of a new era & I can't WAIT to see how this all pans out!
dont split the vote

South Holland, IL

#2 Apr 14, 2013
Watchful Eye wrote:
I'm to attend the meeting to ask EX Mayor iRonnie C. Lewis if he needs help packing his & his daughter's bags!!
I also want to ask Berton "crack head son" Herzog how it feels to be given the BOOT for a change!!! All his son did was steal & ask people for money...wait! Like Father like Crack Head Son!
I want to ask Riley Rogers if he intends to buy a HUGE BROOM & sweep out the Water Dept. After all, the women down there either don't come to work, act / dress unprofessionally, don't know their job, & don't shut off water of people who don't pay their bills!!
It's the dawn of a new era & I can't WAIT to see how this all pans out!
Why would you happily call someone's son a crack head? What is great about seeing your child with a drug addiction? I may not be a Lewis and friends supporter but your lack of class and lack of compassion at this point makes you just as bad as them to me. I don't like seeing anyone's kid on drugs because it would hurt my mam, it would hurt me, and I saw it hurt people in my family. Don't be tasteless.
a-non-y-mous

Dolton, IL

#3 Apr 15, 2013
Maybe now they will get new residents at the Dorchester. I couldn't figure out why they paid for a new parking lot; no one was parking there. I hope they hire a more compassionate staff now that Lewis is out.
Democracy

Harvey, IL

#4 Apr 15, 2013
Please get rid of the crook that heads the police force. Ronnie Burge! He should be the first to go.
Watchful Eye

Dolton, IL

#5 Apr 15, 2013
dont split the vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you happily call someone's son a crack head? What is great about seeing your child with a drug addiction? I may not be a Lewis and friends supporter but your lack of class and lack of compassion at this point makes you just as bad as them to me. I don't like seeing anyone's kid on drugs because it would hurt my mam, it would hurt me, and I saw it hurt people in my family. Don't be tasteless.
Who said I was happy?? I don't lack class when it is a FACT! It's the truth that he's on drugs, rang the door bells of citizens to ask for money, his Daddy gave him a job & he stole PW blind! HE broke into PW stole cash & water meters & *I* lack class?! It's a SHAME is what it is! Meanwhile, Bert laid off honest people & his son didn't show up for work, committed a felony, & remained on the pay roll! Know the facts!
TRHS1995

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Apr 15, 2013
Watchful Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was happy?? I don't lack class when it is a FACT! It's the truth that he's on drugs, rang the door bells of citizens to ask for money, his Daddy gave him a job & he stole PW blind! HE broke into PW stole cash & water meters & *I* lack class?! It's a SHAME is what it is! Meanwhile, Bert laid off honest people & his son didn't show up for work, committed a felony, & remained on the pay roll! Know the facts!
which is probably the rason Lewis and his clan pulled that bs at the meeting tonight
Watchful Eye

Dolton, IL

#7 Apr 16, 2013
TRHS1995 wrote:
<quoted text>which is probably the rason Lewis and his clan pulled that bs at the meeting tonight
What happened? I wanted to go, but couldn't make it.
live in dolton

Riverdale, IL

#8 Apr 16, 2013
Watchful Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened? I wanted to go, but couldn't make it.
I guess you were not watching so well last night. good luck wait for the taping on ch 4
John in the John

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 16, 2013
Ihear they took the power of appointments away from the mayor and put in some manager ordinance and then say the Board has to approve the measure. Mayor Lewis play a trump card but he can be trump by a measure from the new Mayor. People wanted him out definitely and he should not be putting blocks in anyones way. God will get all those who do deeds unkindly. DON'T YOU GET IT MAYOR LEWIS, JEFFERSON, HARRIS, GREEN - we had a CHOICE to bring you back. WE SAID NO NO NO NO. Dont tie up the New Mayors hands - we knew you were no good and that is the legacy that will follow you from now on.
BTW

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 17, 2013
John in the John wrote:
Ihear they took the power of appointments away from the mayor and put in some manager ordinance and then say the Board has to approve the measure. Mayor Lewis play a trump card but he can be trump by a measure from the new Mayor. People wanted him out definitely and he should not be putting blocks in anyones way. God will get all those who do deeds unkindly. DON'T YOU GET IT MAYOR LEWIS, JEFFERSON, HARRIS, GREEN - we had a CHOICE to bring you back. WE SAID NO NO NO NO. Dont tie up the New Mayors hands - we knew you were no good and that is the legacy that will follow you from now on.
That was the original ordinance before it was amended by Mayor Shaw in 1999 I think. Dolton has what is called a council manager (if not council mayor) form of government. Basically, the mayor is not supposed to be able to unilaterally make appointments. That's why Mayor Shaw had to get a board vote to change it in the first place. Rogers did not even say he disagreed with it. What he said was why push it through now when Mayor Lewis has been there four years and not rescinded the amendment. Rogers said he wanted the new board to get to vote on it. The motion passed with two nays. There is nothing wrong with this ordinance at all and the fact that Dolton ever amended it in the first place is bad in itself. Our mayoral position is not an executive position by ordinance meaning our mayor technically has no authority to make decisions without the board's input.
BTW

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2013
Watchful Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words:
"I also want to ask Berton 'crack head son'"...." Like Father like Crack Head Son!"

There is not one sign of class in these comments. If you can point me to the classiness in your words, I'd appreciate it. Whatever happened to decency? It has nothing to do with knowing the facts. Nobody made you get on here and say "crack head son", whether he is or not means nothing. Your comments were tasteless either way.
TRHS1995

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 18, 2013
BTW wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the original ordinance before it was amended by Mayor Shaw in 1999 I think. Dolton has what is called a council manager (if not council mayor) form of government. Basically, the mayor is not supposed to be able to unilaterally make appointments. That's why Mayor Shaw had to get a board vote to change it in the first place. Rogers did not even say he disagreed with it. What he said was why push it through now when Mayor Lewis has been there four years and not rescinded the amendment. Rogers said he wanted the new board to get to vote on it. The motion passed with two nays. There is nothing wrong with this ordinance at all and the fact that Dolton ever amended it in the first place is bad in itself. Our mayoral position is not an executive position by ordinance meaning our mayor technically has no authority to make decisions without the board's input.
i agree with your comments but we all know Lewis did so Rogers will have to vote on firing Lewis daugther, Harris daugthers(she works in the water department, she's the tall woman that never comes to the window to help) and all there friends they gave jobs to that shouldn't been hired in the first place. I just want to know will they vote on the new trustee thats taken Rogers seat since he's mayor now? Does the people of Dolton choice the Trustee or the Mayor?
need to know

Riverdale, IL

#13 Apr 20, 2013
Basically what that ordinance did was put the names of the hired/fired back into the public's view, and back to the way it used to be done. While the Trustees vote on the new hires, their names are printed in the Ordinance, and should appear in the meeting minutes.

Don't the Village residents want to know who works for the Village?

Don't the residents deserve to know who works for the Village?
BTW

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 22, 2013
TRHS1995 wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with your comments but we all know Lewis did so Rogers will have to vote on firing Lewis daugther, Harris daugthers(she works in the water department, she's the tall woman that never comes to the window to help) and all there friends they gave jobs to that shouldn't been hired in the first place. I just want to know will they vote on the new trustee thats taken Rogers seat since he's mayor now? Does the people of Dolton choice the Trustee or the Mayor?
Yeah I'm pretty sure the new trustee will be appointed. That's a lot of money for a special election especialy for such a low turnout. But I agree with your statement. I kept asking myself about the ordinance "why now" but I couldn't figure specifics.
BTW

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 22, 2013
need to know wrote:
Basically what that ordinance did was put the names of the hired/fired back into the public's view, and back to the way it used to be done. While the Trustees vote on the new hires, their names are printed in the Ordinance, and should appear in the meeting minutes.
Don't the Village residents want to know who works for the Village?
Don't the residents deserve to know who works for the Village?
Actually personnel issues are not supposed to be discussed in meetings anyway. That's one reason the board goes into executive session. Even if they want to, they are not supposed to be talking about terminations and disciplinary actions against employees in public meetings. There are confidentiality issues with that just like your job isn't allowed to release information about you to other people.
Burpie

South Whitley, IN

#16 Apr 29, 2013
Wow, Bert Herzog never left Dolton? His son works for Dolton? Decades later, some things never changed.
True Grit

Baltimore, MD

#17 May 3, 2013
All I want to know is when is the next meeting? I'm moving back home in 2 weeks but I still come home every month. There are some interesting topics being debated on this board and I wish more Doltonians would get involved so that the village can be restored to some semblance of former decency. Thank you all for the info even the negative stuff about the Herzogs because I did not know they were still in the village like someone else wrote. discussed and I believe
Mariellyn

Riverdale, IL

#18 May 6, 2013
For shame, for shame, Bert didn't get the BOOT he chose to retire. His family has been here for the village for over 100 years. Unfortunately, his ADOPTED SON that was 9 YEARS OLD when he adopted him from Poland chose the wrong direction. Shame on those of you who have skeletons in your closet and yet judge.
Watchful Eye

Dolton, IL

#21 May 24, 2013
TRHS1995 wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with your comments but we all know Lewis did so Rogers will have to vote on firing Lewis daugther, Harris daugthers(she works in the water department, she's the tall woman that never comes to the window to help) and all there friends they gave jobs to that shouldn't been hired in the first place. I just want to know will they vote on the new trustee thats taken Rogers seat since he's mayor now? Does the people of Dolton choice the Trustee or the Mayor?
Trustee Harris' daughter hasn't worked in the Water Dept in a few years. She was transferred out around the time Lewis was officially elected as Mayor & is making a lot more money!
TRHS1995

Lansing, IL

#22 May 27, 2013
Watchful Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Trustee Harris' daughter hasn't worked in the Water Dept in a few years. She was transferred out around the time Lewis was officially elected as Mayor & is making a lot more money!
I know now, she got transferred to another postion in Dolton that she's no experience to do but making a 70k salary with no college degree. I hear she's talking about quiting since Roger is mayor and find out she do nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Todd H. Stroger as Commissioner? (Mar '12) 1 hr Get a clue 5
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 4 hr Real Facts 64
BIIP and BITP 4 hr Work on Change 134
What is Ald Vieyra doing to reopen the Chatham... (Sep '10) 5 hr insolent 635
News Rockin Horse Saloon A Great Place For Urban Cow... 6 hr OF Mom 5
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 7 hr Wes 926
News Two Armed Robberies in 7 Days in Oak Forest 9 hr OF Mom 24
Dolton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dolton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance