Dolton Park District???

Posted in the Dolton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ANONYMOUS

Calumet City, IL

#1 Jul 14, 2007
Are Dolton Park District employees supposed to be RESIDENTS of DOLTON?
Dolton Resident

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 24, 2008
Yes all the employees should be residents of the village of Dolton but we all know that's not how it works. There's so much nepotism going on. Only lately due to the upcoming election things have been a little better but we all know that won't last long but honestly who really gives a dam if the park is being ran correctly and is totally benifitting the people of the community, on that note I'll touch on the true reason for this blog we need more activities for the youth in our community, that are of no cost to the children. Most of you in positions of power over there really don't live in the area and truly don't give a dam about the kids living nearby. I know right now your protesting that statement but actions speak louder than words and your actions have shown your true thougts. Please realize that the community is becoming more aware of the current regime and your B.S will no longer be tolerated. We are slowly but surely uniting and together we will overcome our current oppressor being the individuals that don't truly care about our youth so keep all the phony smiles and uneduacted chatter to yourselves and do your dam jobs or get the hell out.
Dolton Resident

Riverdale, IL

#3 Dec 27, 2008
I agree with Dolton Resident about activities for youth. You know I live out here and i'm a youth director/pastor and work in the city. I have never done anything out here because to me there seems to be this lax in the community. Park District to me is a joke. being from the westside of Chicago, I see out here that all they want to do is include a kid in football, basketball and baseball. Thats it! Now tell me what happens to kids who dont play either sports? Whats for them? Oh you say volleyball or soccer or some other sport just to justify. Oh and need I mention our kids out here in Dolton are latch-key kids ---you know in Dolton Thornridge and some other schools kids get out early and what do they do --- resort to gang banging and what not. Again being from the westside the last thing I wanna see is a kids talking about he folks and dont know what the heck that means. Lincoln School over there by the park (if i'm not mistaken) those kids fight all the time --- as well as thornridge students and u think our property taxes pay for these schools yet these schools act like schools in the city. Someone said Thornridge is the Crane high school of the south suburbs. Now i grew up around Crane so if that is the case --- Thornridge is pretty bad. Now dont get me wrong i dont wanna just condemn the PArk District cause i honestly think they can do better --- they just need know how. I would love to help but I dont want to help people who have this pridefulness that they got it and they know what they doing. Really it is not about activities its about creating programs that are meaningful, measureable and manageable that can help our kids. So when they come to the park they can get something ( a life skill) to take back with them when they go home to help better the community, other than a jump shot or a curve ball. Afterschool programs should be working along side schools so that busing can be available, and that we can help the schools. Consider if you do a an afterschool program atthe park that includes a homework time with tutoring for an hour and half. Then activities that teach life skills, and the kids can pick up other sports or activities like kick ball, dodgeball, arts and crafts, a boys mentoring program, a girls mentoring program, drama, visual arts and digital arts, youth groups that can learn leadership skills especially for teens. I could type all night (well thats cause i love what i do so much). I think the thing is people have to be willing. You know the Dolton resident who spoke about the administration, you touched me when u said " know right now your protesting that statement but actions speak louder than words and your actions have shown your true thougts." Dolton has a channel on comcast and you notice thay always showing dedications and banquets for certain people in the administration ---I'm like who really gives a care about that ---when you could be doing a tv program about positive impacts that you are making with our kids. Last but not least all communities have their problems but why is it i can go in oak park or a white suburb and you see the eagerness to do things with the kids yet in most black suburbs like dolton and harvey ---you dont see that same go-getting attitude. Strange if you ask me but it just shows the lax about the community. Politicians will tell you they care but when its all said and done nobody really does.
DOLTON RESIDENT

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 15, 2009
AS A REAL DOLTON RESIDENT I WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND TO SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE SAID. THE PARK DISTRICT HAS A VERY EFFICIENT DIRECTOR WHO HAS BROUGHT NEW EQUIPMENT TO THE PARKS AS WELL AS NEW PROGRAMS. THERE ARE SENIOR PROGRAMS AND YOUTH PROGRAMS THAT ARE COMING INTO EFFECT AS I WRITE THIS. I HAVE BEEN AT THE PARK AND THEY HAVE A VERY OUTSTANDING ATHLETIC SUPERVISOR WHO HAS LAID DOWN RULES FOR THE CHILDREN AS WELL AS THE ADULTS FOR BEHAVIOR AND DRESS. ONE OF THESE ARE BAGS AND HOODIES, AND COATS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE GYM THEY HAVE LOCKERS. NO HATS, DO RAGS ARE TO WORN IN THE GYM THESE RULES ARE TO BE FOLLOWED OUT OF RESPECT AS WELL AS SAFETY. YET WHEN I HAVE BEEN IN THEIR WITH MY CHILD I HEAR ONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS SAY NO THAT IS OKAY YOU CAN WEAR YOUR HAT AND HE ALWAYS WEARS HIS HIMSELF. HE GOES AGAINST ANYTHING THAT THE ATHLETIC SUPERVISOR SAYS IN FRONT OF THE PATRONS, WHAT DOES THAT SHOW CHILDREN AS WELL AS ADULTS. DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES YOU DON'T HAVE TO BECAUSE I DON'T. IN LIFE THEIR ARE RULES AND THEY SHOULD BE FOLLOWED,EVERYONE. AS WELL AS ADULTS NEED GUILDELINES. THEY ALSO HAVE THE GYM OPEN FOR DROP IN BASKETBALL, SO THERE IS SOMETHING FOR THE CHILDREN TO DO AFTER SCHOOL. THEY HAVE BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS, SO CHILDREN DO NOT HAVE TO AT HOME BY THEMSELVES. THE CHILDREN AS WELL AS THE YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS RESPECT AND LIKE THE ATHLETIC SUPERVOR BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT SHE HAS THEIR SAFETY AND WELL BEING IN MIND. SHE ALSO HELPS THE CHILDREN BUILD CONFIDENCE AND ENCOURAGES THEM TO DO GOOD IN SCHOOL AND TO BEHAVE ON THE COURTS AND THE PROGRAMS. THERE ARE NEW PROGRAMS SPRINGING UP IT MAY TAKE AWHILE TO GET THEM ALL INTO EFFECT BUT THEY ARE HAPPENING. ELECTION TIME IS COMING UP AND IF PEOPLE WANT CHANGES MADE IN THE PARK THEY NEED TO VOTE FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE, SOMEONE THAT IS GOING TO BACK THE DIRECTOR AND NOT TRY TO UNDERMIND WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO DO.
Dolton Resident

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 15, 2009
What are you doing in getting the new residents familiar with the park district and what it has to offer. Before, I moved out here they were having Jazz Concerts but now its no more.

When you watch Channel 4 (on Comcast) all you see is those politicians talking about a whole lot of nothing. This could be a good media to get out to the residents besides some old three year old cancer walks, etc.(or whatever they chose to air to benefit the Shaws and or that Sean person).
Rayya Ghani

South Holland, IL

#6 Jan 15, 2009
I have been a Dolton resident for the past 22 years; I am a product of the "old" Dolton Park District programs when they worked together with the Dolton Youth Commission. I can agree with the comments stated above, it is time for a new administration as well as programs for youth. This is why I am running for Park District Commissioner; I believe that there are plenty of programs we can implement for the children of Dolton, however it not only will have to be created by the Commissioners and administration there, but also with parent and community involvement. My name is Rayya Ghani and hopefully I will have the opportunity to meet everyone that has expressed their concerns, and together we can make a difference!
Dolton Resident

Calumet City, IL

#7 Jan 16, 2009
Ok people you have to understand that this is not Chicago Park district. This is Dolton. The Dolton park district should be ran like any other district. The hiring of qualified professionals is what it is going to take to get the Park where it needs to be. The reason it is in the shape that it is, is because everyone gets a job that they are not qualified to have. Once everyone understand that we can move on. The Executive director an qualified professional. She is not related to anyone. She has done a great job trying to get the Park to where it needs to be. Does anyone remember the program book about 10 years ago? Probably not because all we see is now not the past or the future. But it was terrible, every program was TBA. As a current park professional and Dolton resident that should of been unacceptable. The current brochure is 100% better. But they need community to support the programs. Hey and between you and me the program can not run for free. Would you go to work for free. No people have to be paid. that means there has to be a fee. The only way the programs can be free is if you Volunteer your talents. So stop complaining about the Chicago Park district offers and step up. Call the Office and ask to volunteer your services. Please people let stop the complaining and look at the bottom line. THE YOUTH. I am stepping up this afternoon. I played college & some pro baseball so I am going to offer my service free of charge to the Park District I will need volunteers and donations. Let see what happens. Set up! or Shut up!.
becky

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 16, 2009
For the record. The JAZZ Concerts were done by the Village and the TV station is run by the village. Do your research first. I am a new resident and I wanted to find out what the park had to offer so I called. Its just that easy.
Dolton Resident wrote:
What are you doing in getting the new residents familiar with the park district and what it has to offer. Before, I moved out here they were having Jazz Concerts but now its no more.
When you watch Channel 4 (on Comcast) all you see is those politicians talking about a whole lot of nothing. This could be a good media to get out to the residents besides some old three year old cancer walks, etc.(or whatever they chose to air to benefit the Shaws and or that Sean person).
Dolton Resident

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Ms. Becky, I did my research -- excuse you --- speak for yourself. I am asking a questions because as a citizen (I received a information packet upon my arrival) and not it did not list those activities thus the reason I am asking. Should be all inclusive - Park District, Village, etc. They are all Dolton entities. Do you have monies for me to keep calling the Park District -- Needles that is? Okay than don't tell me just to call; perhaps you might want to volunteer your sevices to answer their freaking phone.
Dolton Resident

Calumet City, IL

#10 Jan 19, 2009
Communication, communication, communication.
be real

Elkhart, IN

#11 Jan 28, 2009
DOLTON RESIDENT wrote:
AS A REAL DOLTON RESIDENT I WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND TO SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE SAID. THE PARK DISTRICT HAS A VERY EFFICIENT DIRECTOR WHO HAS BROUGHT NEW EQUIPMENT TO THE PARKS AS WELL AS NEW PROGRAMS. THERE ARE SENIOR PROGRAMS AND YOUTH PROGRAMS THAT ARE COMING INTO EFFECT AS I WRITE THIS. I HAVE BEEN AT THE PARK AND THEY HAVE A VERY OUTSTANDING ATHLETIC SUPERVISOR WHO HAS LAID DOWN RULES FOR THE CHILDREN AS WELL AS THE ADULTS FOR BEHAVIOR AND DRESS. ONE OF THESE ARE BAGS AND HOODIES, AND COATS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE GYM THEY HAVE LOCKERS. NO HATS, DO RAGS ARE TO WORN IN THE GYM THESE RULES ARE TO BE FOLLOWED OUT OF RESPECT AS WELL AS SAFETY. YET WHEN I HAVE BEEN IN THEIR WITH MY CHILD I HEAR ONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS SAY NO THAT IS OKAY YOU CAN WEAR YOUR HAT AND HE ALWAYS WEARS HIS HIMSELF. HE GOES AGAINST ANYTHING THAT THE ATHLETIC SUPERVISOR SAYS IN FRONT OF THE PATRONS, WHAT DOES THAT SHOW CHILDREN AS WELL AS ADULTS. DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES YOU DON'T HAVE TO BECAUSE I DON'T. IN LIFE THEIR ARE RULES AND THEY SHOULD BE FOLLOWED,EVERYONE. AS WELL AS ADULTS NEED GUILDELINES. THEY ALSO HAVE THE GYM OPEN FOR DROP IN BASKETBALL, SO THERE IS SOMETHING FOR THE CHILDREN TO DO AFTER SCHOOL. THEY HAVE BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS, SO CHILDREN DO NOT HAVE TO AT HOME BY THEMSELVES. THE CHILDREN AS WELL AS THE YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS RESPECT AND LIKE THE ATHLETIC SUPERVOR BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT SHE HAS THEIR SAFETY AND WELL BEING IN MIND. SHE ALSO HELPS THE CHILDREN BUILD CONFIDENCE AND ENCOURAGES THEM TO DO GOOD IN SCHOOL AND TO BEHAVE ON THE COURTS AND THE PROGRAMS. THERE ARE NEW PROGRAMS SPRINGING UP IT MAY TAKE AWHILE TO GET THEM ALL INTO EFFECT BUT THEY ARE HAPPENING. ELECTION TIME IS COMING UP AND IF PEOPLE WANT CHANGES MADE IN THE PARK THEY NEED TO VOTE FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE, SOMEONE THAT IS GOING TO BACK THE DIRECTOR AND NOT TRY TO UNDERMIND WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO DO.
Sounds to me like you work for this "outstanding" athletic supervisor or have some sort of relation. Besides telling children to take off their hats, how else is she effective? Last I check the Park District had LESS programs ACTUALLY in place. Any park district can fabricate a book and claim they offer certain programs. I guarantee more than half of them do not actually exist.
Related to Politicians

Rockford, IL

#12 Feb 12, 2009
You all are hilarious and have too much damn time on your hands typing long letters on here. Move to a middle class suburb because Dolton is not it, and the politicians out there don't really care about you and your kids. You have to get your finances and resources together and do things on your own for your children you chose to bring in this world. There is no funding for your expectations of the Park District. Who ever said volunteer in this economy is a even bigger idiot than the rest of you. FIND A HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!AND STOP WHINING!
Related to Politicians

Rockford, IL

#13 Feb 12, 2009
For the record the jazz concerts take place when the weather is warmer outside the village. Do your homework, the concerts are outdoors, so why would they have them now in the winter? The Sean person happens to be Sean Howard.
Your a miserable soul. Did your man leave you or something?
Dolton Resident

AOL

#14 Feb 23, 2009
My Dear Friends:
All these problems can be corrected, if you hire
people with the proper backgrounds and people that care.
gotcha

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 24, 2009
I agree. The right qualified people with the right intentions is the best way to move forward. Too bad the commissioners won't let that happen. Its about them you know.
Dolton Resident

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 25, 2009
I heard that with one of the commissioners, if you wear a low enough cut shirt, you can get anything you want. Maybe I will give it a try.
How Bout It

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 25, 2009
slutbag
Dolton Resident

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 10, 2009
Hey people it works. My child plays basketball at the recreation center on saturdays. I got a chance to meet one of the commissioners and talked to him about enrolling my child in another program. If he would have been looking into my face, I would think he was sincere. He gave me his card and told me to give him a call and he will see what he could do. Slutbag is putting it lightly.
Keith Wallace

Frankfort, IL

#19 Mar 19, 2009
To those individuals that are removing my signs, I am asking you to please stop. Life is too short to play petty games. If it was meant for the individuals that are in office to stay in office it will happen. God has put me on this path and I will not stray.
I also would like everyone to know that I will be at the Fairplay on Sibley if you want to chat.
Thank you and remember to take time for recreation.
Keith Wallace
Keith Wallace

Frankfort, IL

#20 Mar 19, 2009
Ok i just got word that all signs that are not on someones property will be considered trash.

So now I asked the question about the very large sign that my signs where next to. The Response..........he is the mayor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dem Challenger Accuses House Incumbent of 'Ghos... 1 hr No Comment from Bob 16
Thank you Bob Rita for the carnival posters 1 hr Who Done It 4
Fire Chief to retire 11/30/17 (Oct '17) 1 hr CJA 31
The Truth About Meadows Golf Course 4 hr Bodine 111
BIIP and Blue Island 9 hr BllP Tax 159
Lasalle king the new police chief in blue island 9 hr tbone 56
City Permitted Loud Block Parties 19 hr Jaun Garcia 2

Dolton Jobs

Personal Finance

Dolton Mortgages