Teen Nite Club Coming to Oak Forest? ...

Teen Nite Club Coming to Oak Forest? Maybe

There are 31 comments on the Patch.com story from Dec 11, 2012, titled Teen Nite Club Coming to Oak Forest? Maybe. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Teens across the Southland could soon have a new spot to hang out on the weekends, if the Oak Forest city council approves an amendment and special use permit for a teen night club at 5200 W. 159 th Street in Oak Forest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kuspa the Clown

Oak Lawn, IL

#24 May 20, 2013
When the first teen is injured there by a gang banging POS they should dump Kuspas fat old asssss in Markham at midnight and let him find his way home.
Stefano Montana

Chicago, IL

#25 Jul 1, 2013
Didn't look like a huge opening night ..... Looks to be a bust from the get go.
Anonymous

Blue Island, IL

#26 Jul 5, 2013
Just walked past this address last night after passing by their site at the Oak Fest...momentarily remembering memories of Jukebox Saturday Night...

Kids just don't seem to be into large group gatherings on any regular or reliable basis anymore, it seems. Not only do they have numerous activities anchoring them indoors (can you say "video games"?), they can just as happily be located at two different GPS points and just "chat" away with their friends.

There is only so much distance a government can travel when it comes to influencing whether or not a business owner can own and operate their establishment in a community. So the links to the mug shots may be a direct-connect, but without any conviction on record(?)...innocence first.

What exactly were people expecting the City to do compared to what the public has had available to influence whether or not the kids go there?

A crying shame that particular corner has faced such significant turn-over over the years...
Ridiculous

Forest Park, IL

#27 Jul 10, 2013
I don't like the idea of this club for my children. Does that mean it shouldn't be allowed to operate? No. It means my children won't go. Background checks? Are all new businesses going to be required to submit to one? As for the impact of this club on the surrounding businesses or neighborhood, it was a bar before. If the surrounding businesses/neighbors don't like it, they should buy the property then they can decide on its use. Would it be better that it stay an empty building offering nothing to the City? Another bank maybe?
Mack

Alsip, IL

#28 Aug 14, 2013
Hey everyone drive by there now and check out the Teen Club sign says open till 3am. I'm sending a picture to Leno. Guess there is no teen clubs in Markham or Harvey.
Rich S

Chicago, IL

#29 Aug 15, 2013
Mack wrote:
Hey everyone drive by there now and check out the Teen Club sign says open till 3am. I'm sending a picture to Leno. Guess there is no teen clubs in Markham or Harvey.
What is the curfew in this town? Teens get to stay out that late in your town, cool, but it really seems to be strange time frame to be open for teens! As my folks once told me, "There is nothing, but trouble late at night!" So I would guess that no one in your town cares about the problems this place would cause?
Blast from OakForest1

Chicago, IL

#30 Aug 15, 2013
Anyone under 18 will be required to leave at 11pm.
Colonel Kurtz

Forest Park, IL

#31 Aug 15, 2013
This whole story does not make any sense. A teen night club?? Open to 3:00 AM?? Teens kicked out at 11PM?? An owner with a questionable past? Why am I getting a feeling that this whole thing is going to end up very bad????
I understand that O.F. officials are desperate to fill buildings but you are going to make things worse by lowering the standards.
This is an obvious disaster in the making.
ofcl

Chicago, IL

#32 Aug 15, 2013
Colonel Kurtz wrote:
This whole story does not make any sense. A teen night club?? Open to 3:00 AM?? Teens kicked out at 11PM?? An owner with a questionable past? Why am I getting a feeling that this whole thing is going to end up very bad????
I understand that O.F. officials are desperate to fill buildings but you are going to make things worse by lowering the standards.
This is an obvious disaster in the making.
Why would they need to stay open to 3 am? Teens go home at 11, and a bunch of adults are going to sit around and drink soda until 3 am ??

Unless, of course, they are now going to try and get a liquor license ??
Colonel Kurtz

Forest Park, IL

#33 Aug 15, 2013
ofcl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they need to stay open to 3 am? Teens go home at 11, and a bunch of adults are going to sit around and drink soda until 3 am ??
Unless, of course, they are now going to try and get a liquor license ??

So the owner has been dishonest from the start and has made a joke of O.F. leadership. After being played and insulted, will the aldermen and mayor give the owners the license?? Are they playing along with the game or are they being manipulated??
If the owner wanted a bar, why did he not request a license from the start.
Also, I notice the new restaurant across the street, Mongolian VIP, is partially open. They are an open bar without the restaurant. Is the restaurant ever going to open or was this going to be only a nightclub from the start.
There seems to be a major lack of integrity, honesty, and principles with the owners and our town leadership.
If bars are going to open, everyone needs to be honest about it and not dance around the truth.
Oak Forester

Chicago, IL

#36 Aug 19, 2013
Colonel Kurtz wrote:
<quoted text>
So the owner has been dishonest from the start and has made a joke of O.F. leadership. After being played and insulted, will the aldermen and mayor give the owners the license?? Are they playing along with the game or are they being manipulated??
If the owner wanted a bar, why did he not request a license from the start.
Also, I notice the new restaurant across the street, Mongolian VIP, is partially open. They are an open bar without the restaurant. Is the restaurant ever going to open or was this going to be only a nightclub from the start.
There seems to be a major lack of integrity, honesty, and principles with the owners and our town leadership.
If bars are going to open, everyone needs to be honest about it and not dance around the truth.
Where do you people get this info? The restaurant across the street opened on the 9th with the bar and restaurant open, I was there. I recommend everyone try it, yhe food was very good with some traditional American dishes. It is really not necessary to lie just to get your name in print.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 3 hr rita dont get it 176
Midlothian park district wants more of your money 6 hr tom 2
Who is Kimberly Nicole Koschnitzky 9 hr Rita Turd 15
Carvlin lost my vote 9 hr Rita Turd 5
State Rep signage 12 hr B I loves Rita 23
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 18 hr Year of the Woman... 435
Vargas and the Judge 22 hr CASA 5

Dolton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dolton Mortgages