Would like to know a little more.

Since: Jan 09

Alsip, IL

#3 Jun 27, 2013
do not feel the whole story is there -
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#4 Jun 27, 2013
the cops said dehumanizing looks...if there was more to the story, why would they hold back?

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#5 Jun 27, 2013
I rather felt when I first heard of this right after it happened that the stories were lacking on both sides.

I tend to think that the cops are being looked at for "overreacting," but having never been in uniform nor had my life threatened as part of my job, I cannot say how I might react if a kid clenched his fists and gave me a look like they "described" him as having.

On the other hand, the kid was bottle feeding a teeny tiny puppy. I just don't know. The whole story is not there nor in any of the articles I've read. I know he supposedly got into it with another kid, but then his family said that wasn't true so who the hell knows?
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#6 Jun 27, 2013
5 yr I am blown away that you are giving these guys an out to jump on 14 year old kid for giving them a mean look while squeezing his fists because of prior experiences with their job.

Thats not how a cop is supposed to react. There are psychology tests taken to make sure they can stay cool under fire. So they don't bring their last call with them to their next. You say you don't know how you would react but if you acted the same as them you would be wrong. If they grabbed him and he resisted I could possibly see it going down like that. But to see the picture of him getting joked and base it off a stare is wrong as wrong can be. And I am suprised by your response.

Cops are there is difuse situations.

Do you think these same cops would give a war veteran a break based on the how often they have had their life threatened, or by the death and carnage they have seen?

I doubt it.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#7 Jun 28, 2013
I most certainly did not give them an out. I merely pointed out I was not there, did not see the way the kid was looking at them or how his "fists" looked or whatever else they are describing as their reasoning. And since you've got me elaborating further, I also gave the example that I never donned a uniform and spent a day with my life purposely in danger for a living. That changes people. Some for the better, some not.

I also stated that I didn't understand how a kid holding a puppy was perceived as a threat and mentioned how the police claimed moments before the kid was fighting with other kids.

I merely stated that I don't think ANY of the stories have given all the facts (most likely because both sides are holding back).

Don't try to put words in my mouth. I gave you my honest answer like you asked for.
Zohfield

Midlothian, IL

#8 Jun 28, 2013
We have a cop on our force who is quick to react there are bad eggs on every force .
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 28, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
5 yr I am blown away that you are giving these guys an out to jump on 14 year old kid for giving them a mean look while squeezing his fists because of prior experiences with their job.
Thats not how a cop is supposed to react. There are psychology tests taken to make sure they can stay cool under fire. So they don't bring their last call with them to their next. You say you don't know how you would react but if you acted the same as them you would be wrong. If they grabbed him and he resisted I could possibly see it going down like that. But to see the picture of him getting joked and base it off a stare is wrong as wrong can be. And I am suprised by your response.
Cops are there is difuse situations.
Do you think these same cops would give a war veteran a break based on the how often they have had their life threatened, or by the death and carnage they have seen?
I doubt it.
You seem to know a lot about being a cop, have you ever dealt with the situations the cops do on a daily basis? No all you do is complain about everyone and everything. What do you do in your life to improve the life of others? Do you volunteer your time? Have you ever rolled up on a suicide or cleaned up a car accident with children that were killed? Didn't think so. Have you served your country?
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#10 Jun 28, 2013
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to know a lot about being a cop, have you ever dealt with the situations the cops do on a daily basis? No all you do is complain about everyone and everything. What do you do in your life to improve the life of others? Do you volunteer your time? Have you ever rolled up on a suicide or cleaned up a car accident with children that were killed? Didn't think so. Have you served your country?
Offtopic.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 28, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
<quoted text>
Offtopic.
Typical.
Midlowuss30

Oak Forest, IL

#12 Jun 28, 2013
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text> Typical.
You honestly didn't expect him to ANSWER a question now did you?

He's called midlowuss for a reason!
Midlowuss30

Oak Forest, IL

#13 Jun 28, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
I most certainly did not give them an out. I merely pointed out I was not there, did not see the way the kid was looking at them or how his "fists" looked or whatever else they are describing as their reasoning. And since you've got me elaborating further, I also gave the example that I never donned a uniform and spent a day with my life purposely in danger for a living. That changes people. Some for the better, some not.
I also stated that I didn't understand how a kid holding a puppy was perceived as a threat and mentioned how the police claimed moments before the kid was fighting with other kids.
I merely stated that I don't think ANY of the stories have given all the facts (most likely because both sides are holding back).
Don't try to put words in my mouth. I gave you my honest answer like you asked for.
Uh oh ... looks like there's trouble in paradise.

Hey, don't say I didn't try to warn you about your new BFF there!

NOW do you see what I mean about him?

Yes? Maybe?

Don't worry ... I'll be here to help you out when you need me to!
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#14 Jun 29, 2013
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to know a lot about being a cop, have you ever dealt with the situations the cops do on a daily basis? No all you do is complain about everyone and everything. What do you do in your life to improve the life of others? Do you volunteer your time? Have you ever rolled up on a suicide or cleaned up a car accident with children that were killed? Didn't think so. Have you served your country?
You act as if there is a draft to become a policeman. It is a chosen line of work. Have I served my country. No. In the last decade less then 1% of the US population have served. So should I feel bad that I don't fight in wars to help people who don't want to be helped. No, I shouldn't and I don't. Do I volunteer time in the village. Yes.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#15 Jun 29, 2013
And does any of the above have anything to do with a couple of cops tackling and choking a 14 year old boy. No, not a gd fkn thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexican Drugs a Scourge on Blue Island (Mar '14) 2 hr not a person of i... 76
Water usage 5 hr trumbull 144
Berkot's thread Missing 5 hr Merle 8
Remember (Jul '11) 5 hr Shari wood 764
Couzins. 6 hr Merle 32
Poll How much is your Crestwood water bill now since... 7 hr DA WAZ 13
Cops @ Thorntons 9 hr Pipsqueek_Magee 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dolton Mortgages