Blue Island Moving Forward: A Daily J...

Blue Island Moving Forward: A Daily Journal

Posted in the Dolton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

United States

#1 Apr 13, 2013
Disclaimer: Officially registered as material for daily review and possible publication
Moderated thread.
Terms and Conditions of Topix strictly enforced.

Strictly informational.
No personal attacks.
Hopeful

Blue Island, IL

#2 Apr 13, 2013
At last, a thread I can come back and look forward to everyday, or whenever time permits. Gotta earn a living.

Saturday, 8:15 am

Just woke up to a somewhat cloudy day, nonetheless, there Is a sense of calm in the air. Maybe indicative of the feeling I want to project for Blue Island: HOPE
Crossfire Blues

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 13, 2013
Elections are real eye openers. It brings out the best and the worst in everyone who is involved in it and affect even those who were unintentionally been involved not by choice , buzzed in the crossfire in the heat of the events leading up to the results of the election.

Winning, oh what a glorious feeling! Winning for the people who expected the world .With it comes the pressure and the responsibility to deliver the best performance one can do. On the other hand, those who lost an election might have been humbled by the loss because they were not able to win the battle for those who believed in their cause, nevertheless, they should not deviate the focus from the ultimate prize of one's cause. When Blue Island is at stake, there will be those who will fight for it in one way or another til changes are visible.
Young n d Restless

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 13, 2013
I voted for Clarissa Bilotto. I'm a young voter, in fact, my first time to vote. I am proud to be represented by a young person like me. I'd like to see her defend or stand up for my generation which is being called the do nothing generation, which is not true at all. I hope more people like her run in coming elections here in Blue Island. We ll be here coz my Mom said we're here for good.
Anticipation Blues

Blue Island, IL

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Wow, it's going to be 70 degrees today. I'd like to feel the same kind of warm anticipation for the fate of Blue Island. We have to be prepared though because the forecast says there'll be rain shortly, the same as there'll be bumps in the road (no pun intended) in the city and its government . But as weather forecasts go, it's not always accurate . So l'll just be prepared.
BI Resident2

United States

#6 Apr 14, 2013
Hopeful wrote:
At last, a thread I can come back and look forward to everyday, or whenever time permits. Gotta earn a living.
Saturday, 8:15 am
Just woke up to a somewhat cloudy day, nonetheless, there Is a sense of calm in the air. Maybe indicative of the feeling I want to project for Blue Island: HOPE
Hope springs eternal! At best, where we have elected leaders that really want to do what is best for a community and its residents, managing a city - small or large -is a challenge. Unfortunately we have elected leaders that are more party focused than community focused - and BI has many issues to be addressed.

Hope must be paired with prayer and action. I applaud all that ran - with the sincere desire to make a positive difference in our town. Now we must remain engaged to hold the leadership to task.

We were willing to support Obama's "Hope & Change" mantra ... Won't make that mistake again!
Jobs for Votes

Blue Island, IL

#7 Apr 14, 2013
BI Resident2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope springs eternal! At best, where we have elected leaders that really want to do what is best for a community and its residents, managing a city - small or large -is a challenge. Unfortunately we have elected leaders that are more party focused than community focused - and BI has many issues to be addressed.
Hope must be paired with prayer and action. I applaud all that ran - with the sincere desire to make a positive difference in our town. Now we must remain engaged to hold the leadership to task.
We were willing to support Obama's "Hope & Change" mantra ... Won't make that mistake again!
You just did. What is the definition of insanity? Donmingo has had 20 years to make a difference and he has sat silent on the lap of Peloquin.
Intolerance

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 14, 2013
Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends. It destroys opportunity and fills the mind with doubt, mistrust and prejudice.

Here's a poem just as fitting:

When the dawn of intelligence shall spread over the eastern horizon of human progress, and Ignorance and Superstition shall have left their footprint on the sands of time, it will be recorded in the last chapter of man’s crimes that his most grievous sin was that of intolerance.

The bitterest intolerance grows out of religious, racial and economic prejudices and differences of opinion. How long unntil we poor mortals understand the folly of trying to destroy one another because we are of different religious beliefs and tendancies?

Our allotted time on this earth is but a fleeting moment. Like a candle, we are lighted, shine for a moment, and flicker out.Why can we not learn to so live during this brief earthly visit that when the great Caravan called Death draws up and announces this visit completed, we will be able to fold our tents and silently follow into the great unknown w/ out fear and trembling?

I am hoping that I will find no Jews or Gentiles, Catholics or Protestants, Germans, Englishmen or Frenchmen when I shal have crossed the bar to the other side.I am hoping that I will find there only human Souls, Brothers and Sisters all, unmarked by race , creed or color, for I shall want to be done with intolerance so I may rest in peace throughout eternity.”

Intolerance by Napoleon Hill
No Matter What

Blue Island, IL

#9 Apr 14, 2013
This poem was supposed to be for student leaders to motivate them to be involved and do good, might as well be for our politicians too, for what it's worth,

No Matter What:

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
© 1968, 2001 Kent M. Keith

"The Paradoxical Commandments" were written by Kent M. Keith in 1968 as part of a booklet for student leaders.
Viewers Counts

Blue Island, IL

#10 Apr 14, 2013
During the recent campaign period, there were about 20-30 viewers here on BI Forums.Lonely crowd. I really don't think they can influence a lot of people. They expressed what they strongly believes in. 20-37 viewers as compared to a whopping 160+ viewers the early morning after the exciting elections.They were here mainly to express their joy, relief or disgust for the results.

Several days later, on a warm Sunday afternoon, back to normal folks!
High Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 15, 2013
Hmmmm, still a gloomy day.

Tax Day today. Still more high taxes coming our way. Spent the whole weekend figuring out how to tighten our belts. Taxes so excruciatingly painful to deal with.
A Good Read

Blue Island, IL

#12 Apr 15, 2013
Intolerance wrote:
Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends. It destroys opportunity and fills the mind with doubt, mistrust and prejudice.

Here's a poem just as fitting:

When the dawn of intelligence shall spread over the eastern horizon of human progress, and Ignorance and Superstition shall have left their footprint on the sands of time, it will be recorded in the last chapter of man’s crimes that his most grievous sin was that of intolerance.
The bitterest intolerance grows out of religious, racial and economic prejudices and differences of opinion. How long unntil we poor mortals understand the folly of trying to destroy one another because we are of different religious beliefs and tendancies?
Our allotted time on this earth is but a fleeting moment. Like a candle, we are lighted, shine for a moment, and flicker out.Why can we not learn to so live during this brief earthly visit that when the great Caravan called Death draws up and announces this visit completed, we will be able to fold our tents and silently follow into the great unknown w/ out fear and trembling?
I am hoping that I will find no Jews or Gentiles, Catholics or Protestants, Germans, Englishmen or Frenchmen when I shal have crossed the bar to the other side.I am hoping that I will find there only human Souls, Brothers and Sisters all, unmarked by race , creed or color, for I shall want to be done with intolerance so I may rest in peace throughout eternity.”
Intolerance by Napoleon Hill
The poem is in this book by Napoleon Hill which I read my first year in college and it has guided me accordingly to be tolerant of those who differ in my beliefs, color and politics. This book by Napoleon Hill has been widely used in business motivations and speeches. Thanks for the reminder. Its a good book.
Me Too

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 15, 2013
High Taxpayer wrote:
Hmmmm, still a gloomy day.
Tax Day today. Still more high taxes coming our way. Spent the whole weekend figuring out how to tighten our belts. Taxes so excruciatingly painful to deal with.
Just barely
Really

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 16, 2013
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Just barely
Me too.Refund is not that much.
Tolerance

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 17, 2013

Tolerance, much preferred.
smokin mirror

Blue Island, IL

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Tolerance wrote:
Tolerance, much preferred.
i agree, so smokin mirrors and deviating tactics are here to stay in Topix most esp.
All Goverment Agencies

United States

#17 Apr 18, 2013
Ethics Training would be the first order of business.
Got Your Point

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 19, 2013
smokin mirror wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree, so smokin mirrors and deviating tactics are here to stay in Topix most esp.
Trolls too!
Ethics Training

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 19, 2013
All Goverment Agencies wrote:
Ethics Training would be the first order of business.
Moving forward ethics training will provide the most appropriate foundation to build on.
triple cross

Blue Island, IL

#20 Apr 19, 2013
Ethics Training wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving forward ethics training will provide the most appropriate foundation to build on.
Mayor Vargas promised he would demand it! He wants Bob Rita, and the entire Calumet township to have constant ethics classes. He will also force all Blue Island elected people to do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook Crusaders (Jan '15) 25 min Team Blue 107
Remember (Jul '11) 1 hr LOL 767
Blue Island Rec Center newest employee (Mar '15) 1 hr CASA 139
Why is nothing getting done in our village? 2 hr Taxpayer30year 1
hardees 2 hr Taxpayer30year 2
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 12 hr Messy 220
Squatters 13 hr CASA 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dolton Mortgages