yep

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Jul 2, 2013
Bartolinis has been around for so long. The have improved over the years. They are famous now. So why are they building the tackiest outside eating area that I have ever seen?!? They should move Bartolinins to where the 711 was, or in the empty lot on cicero and build a beautiful building. That is what they deserve! I understand wanting an area outside to eat but that plaza is horrible and it just looks hideous. I love Bartos food and they deserve a nice building with nice outside eating not in the plaza anymore!!
Mom

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jul 2, 2013
yep wrote:
Bartolinis has been around for so long. The have improved over the years. They are famous now. So why are they building the tackiest outside eating area that I have ever seen?!? They should move Bartolinins to where the 711 was, or in the empty lot on cicero and build a beautiful building. That is what they deserve! I understand wanting an area outside to eat but that plaza is horrible and it just looks hideous. I love Bartos food and they deserve a nice building with nice outside eating not in the plaza anymore!!
You are spot on I love there food but cringe at going into that mall .They need to come out of the shadows expand and they would do very well.
Just Think

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 2, 2013
When you sit outside you can watch all the garbage blowing around the parking lot!
Eye Team

Orland Park, IL

#4 Jul 2, 2013
Just Think wrote:
When you sit outside you can watch all the garbage blowing around the parking lot!
I heard they are moving to Crestwood. A deal is very close to being cut. I also heard Hog Wild is being recruited by Crestwood.
Eye Team

Orland Park, IL

#5 Jul 2, 2013
Crestwood is allegedly offering very nice incentives which I am told Midlothian can not afford. There is suppose to be a big chain restaurant going out of business in their mall and that is where one of the restaurants are going to relocate.

Since: Jan 09

Alsip, IL

#6 Jul 2, 2013
if they move they maybe jinxed
Eye Team

Orland Park, IL

#7 Jul 2, 2013
winterpeaches wrote:
if they move they maybe jinxed
Ok keep thinking your voodoo grap. Let see they are moving closer to Palos Heights in a modern updated plaza. Wow that would be a bad move. Lets see stay in a shit plaza or move. Wow decisions decisions. Oh and the taxes in Crestwood are half of what they pay in Midlothian.
trumbull

Midlothian, IL

#8 Jul 2, 2013
Eye Team wrote:
<quoted text>Ok keep thinking your voodoo grap. Let see they are moving closer to Palos Heights in a modern updated plaza. Wow that would be a bad move. Lets see stay in a shit plaza or move. Wow decisions decisions. Oh and the taxes in Crestwood are half of what they pay in Midlothian.
but we have better water.

Alsip, IL

#9 Jul 2, 2013
Eye Team wrote:
<quoted text>Ok keep thinking your voodoo grap. Let see they are moving closer to Palos Heights in a modern updated plaza. Wow that would be a bad move. Lets see stay in a shit plaza or move. Wow decisions decisions. Oh and the taxes in Crestwood are half of what they pay in Midlothian.
whatever - some places do not do well or fail after they move, no matter where it is.
Resident

United States

#10 Jul 2, 2013
trumbull wrote:
<quoted text>but we have better water.
Funny. Actually they now have the cleanest water around because of the mandatory testing but also their town does mot look like a shitty run down town like ours and they treat their businesses like gold. That is why they have development and we have run down empty store fronts.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#11 Jul 2, 2013
Hog Wild may consider expanding, but with all the work they've done they aren't moving. They even said so.

WP how bout locations that are jinxed? I know one in the outer lot of Chicago Ridge Mall that's been like 10 things since I can remember. Haha.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#12 Jul 2, 2013
Oh, and by expanding I was referring to adding a location.

Alsip, IL

#13 Jul 2, 2013
5yr there are a few Cal's location in Worth has been a few
occams razor

East Chicago, IN

#14 Jul 3, 2013
Eye Team wrote:
<quoted text>I heard they are moving to Crestwood. A deal is very close to being cut. I also heard Hog Wild is being recruited by Crestwood.
I wonder why they would invest all the money in the outside dining area if they were close to closing a deal on moving away from that location.
I may be wrong but it seems to me that they have made a home for themselves and they seem very happy there. I also haven't seen a bad business decision out of them yet.
I think that on nice days there are people that will enjoy being outside, it happens all over the place, even in places with less than perfect scenic views. They are just offering their customers new choices. If all of the businesses in Midlo cared about their customers like the Barto family you'd see less businesses closing. I hope their enthusiasm is contagious.
Meet a ball

Midlothian, IL

#15 Jul 3, 2013
I agree they are not about to invest money in outside dining if they plan to move to Crestwood. What I disagree with you about is that their business decisions are made because they care about their customers. In my opinion, they are motivated only by the almighty dollar and are aware that they are losing business to competitors.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 4, 2013
I've been buying food from them since they were only a counter with just the 2 brothers behind it. My experience is that they truly seem to enjoy their work. They greet everyone, spend time shaking hands and meeting people, and they actually sit down and have conversations with people that will let them.
The cooking area is visible and the people working there are never waiting for something to do no matter what time of day. I don't believe they are loosing business to anyone. It seems to me that they work to make their customers visits as enjoyable as possible and serve them good food at the same time. I have to agree that the outside seating area is just something they are doing for their customers, and not anything they feel they have to do for any reason.
Move

Alsip, IL

#17 Jul 4, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text> Funny. Actually they now have the cleanest water around because of the mandatory testing but also their town does mot look like a shitty run down town like ours and they treat their businesses like gold. That is why they have development and we have run down empty store fronts.
Why don't you move to Crestwood?
of24

Oak Forest, IL

#18 Jul 5, 2013
30 years in midlo wrote:
I've been buying food from them since they were only a counter with just the 2 brothers behind it. My experience is that they truly seem to enjoy their work. They greet everyone, spend time shaking hands and meeting people, and they actually sit down and have conversations with people that will let them.
The cooking area is visible and the people working there are never waiting for something to do no matter what time of day. I don't believe they are loosing business to anyone. It seems to me that they work to make their customers visits as enjoyable as possible and serve them good food at the same time. I have to agree that the outside seating area is just something they are doing for their customers, and not anything they feel they have to do for any reason.
Absolutely love their food but a couple years ago they really put me in a tough spot. They forgot to make my catering order!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 7 min Tangled Parachutes 117
Administrative leave is a must for Michael Corn... 22 min No Confidence Vote 3
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 40 min Record 78
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... 47 min Quickie 2
Rita eyeing District 130 1 hr Everett 13
It is in the genes 3 hr Idaho will fix p... 9
Atlantis Gentlemen's Club; Very easily gangster... 6 hr King Bouncer 1
Dolton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web