Morning Shorts

Morning Shorts

There are 119 comments on the The Capitol Fax Blog story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Morning Shorts. In it, The Capitol Fax Blog reports that:

Thursday, Feb 19, 2009 * Dolton mayoral race a real fight * Peraica helps Zuccarelli get county job Cook County Commissioner Tony Peraica parted ways with his Republican colleagues to cast a deciding vote to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Capitol Fax Blog.

concerned dolton man

Chicago, IL

#41 Apr 3, 2009
Mickens has had some issues of his own. He is not qualified to be a Mayor. My daughter is now 27 years old. However when she was 18, Mr. Mickens pursued her. Here is a married man with over seven children. I don't like the taxes he and Zucarelli have imposed on the citizens of Thornton Township through the years. A whopping 235% tax increase in fiscal year 2005. Thats insane. And even more insane for Mickens and any other candidate to think that they can overcome the rule of thumb. A strong incumbant Like Lewis overcame his biggest hurdle in February. Five against one? Be real with yourselves people. This just shows me that Mickens is not a very bright fellow.
sam

United States

#42 Apr 3, 2009
forest through the trees wrote:
<quoted text>
His plans evolve around the Pawnbroker who is bank rolling his campaign.
To all: See who is endorsing who. Jackson, Miller, Davis, and Meeks have made no endorsements, and the Democratic Committeeman Zuccarrelli has endorsed Lewis, Evans, Green, Harris and Jefferson.
PS Mayor Lewis has extended the olive branch to the Congressman, Reps Miller and Davis.
The only Democrats on the Dolton ticket.
Boy aren't you funny. Zuccarrelli endorsed Lewis, yes because he knows he could pull his strings. Let me give you some missed facts about Zuccarrelli, the February '09 elections, who did he support? Do you know, let me tell you, not Lewis, but Riley. I don't have to say anything else. Lewis and his slate bankrupt Dolton. thanks Lewis camp for all your hard work. vote for chang, Vote Ernesto Mickens Jr.
Same old thing

Chicago, IL

#43 Apr 3, 2009
concerned dolton man wrote:
Sean Howard would have been an execellent candidiate. He brought poise, wisdom and a youthful appeal that is needed. His on air experience was a bonus. His issue in the past was tossed out of court. Which was all politics. Some of the current candidiates, including the past Rogers campaign, are all breathing a sigh of relief for Sean not runnung. I personally went to his house and asked him to run. But he said the choice of Lewis was Mayor Shaw's last wish, therefore he didn't want to split the Shaw combine. He supports Lewis with much respect for Lewis, but also because he truly loved Mayor Shaw.
Good for Sean. Someone finally stands by his word.
Maybe he could speak for himself then. It seems he speaks for alot of people. We keep paying for each one he speaks for. He is also with The Shaw's and now Lewis So no Change would be there. He working in Riverdale with Dean !
Fight of Flight

Chicago, IL

#44 Apr 3, 2009
concerned dolton man wrote:
Mickens has had some issues of his own. He is not qualified to be a Mayor. My daughter is now 27 years old. However when she was 18, Mr. Mickens pursued her. Here is a married man with over seven children. I don't like the taxes he and Zucarelli have imposed on the citizens of Thornton Township through the years. A whopping 235% tax increase in fiscal year 2005. Thats insane. And even more insane for Mickens and any other candidate to think that they can overcome the rule of thumb. A strong incumbant Like Lewis overcame his biggest hurdle in February. Five against one? Be real with yourselves people. This just shows me that Mickens is not a very bright fellow.
Five against one! You must be we Todd it! lol
Have you seen the five you are talking about? His biggest hurdle was the death of Shaw! Wow. Thats very sad. Lewis is not as strong as people think. Thats part of his game plan. Signs on abandoned houses to make it look like he has a lot of support. City workers carrying on campaign duties, probably on city time. A polling place in the senior center with a big ass lewis picture where you have to see it when you walk in. And WTF is up with those big ass billboards on city property. Isn't that illegal. Dumb ass dolton people wouldnt know how to vote themselves out of a paper bag.
Dolton supporter

United States

#45 Apr 3, 2009
Fight of Flight wrote:
<quoted text>
Five against one! You must be we Todd it! lol
Have you seen the five you are talking about? His biggest hurdle was the death of Shaw! Wow. Thats very sad. Lewis is not as strong as people think. Thats part of his game plan. Signs on abandoned houses to make it look like he has a lot of support. City workers carrying on campaign duties, probably on city time. A polling place in the senior center with a big ass lewis picture where you have to see it when you walk in. And WTF is up with those big ass billboards on city property. Isn't that illegal. Dumb ass dolton people wouldnt know how to vote themselves out of a paper bag.
I have seen what you are talking about with these signs for LEWIS on anything standing still! But you are also right about these "5" candidates for Mayor of Dolton. This is just going to confuse people and they will just vote for anyone, unfortunately. If we can get the current administration out of office and if we can get a Mayor and a good slate that does care for our village, then maybe "us" concerned citizens should get our hands dirty. Dolton needs to get a new look and start with beautifying? with flowers, bushes and trees. Gather the young teenagers and have them paint the curbs and fire hydrants, like years ago. Place "litter" cans all thru the village for people to use instead of our streets and lawns. Start a recycling program on the curbs. And ask that the village residents do not put trash and yard waste in the alleys, it belongs on the curb at 7pm the night before your trash pick-up. We are now in 2009, we can make this a great place again, Dolton has potential. So, I know that I will be voting on Tuesday April 7th 2009 -- May we see a great turnout and HOPE it is someone who CARES for DOLTON, like I DO, that becomes the next MAYOR!!
concerned dolton man

Dolton, IL

#46 Apr 4, 2009
Same old thing wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe he could speak for himself then. It seems he speaks for alot of people. We keep paying for each one he speaks for. He is also with The Shaw's and now Lewis So no Change would be there. He working in Riverdale with Dean !
Yes he's managing Dean's campaign....and guess what......Dean is going to win! Sean is one of the most respected spokesman in the county if not state. Surely he would offer better hope with his ability to network the political landscape. But mostimportantly, he's not going to kiss Jackson, Miller, Davis, Zucarelli and Meek's ass! He can stand on his own.
Luv My Village

Chicago, IL

#47 Apr 4, 2009
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy aren't you funny. Zuccarrelli endorsed Lewis, yes because he knows he could pull his strings. Let me give you some missed facts about Zuccarrelli, the February '09 elections, who did he support? Do you know, let me tell you, not Lewis, but Riley. I don't have to say anything else. Lewis and his slate bankrupt Dolton. thanks Lewis camp for all your hard work. vote for chang, Vote Ernesto Mickens Jr.
Uhm, I believe that Mickens is from the Z slate, they even use the same colors. Please, what politician uses black and gold.
Fight or Flight

Chicago, IL

#48 Apr 4, 2009
concerned dolton man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he's managing Dean's campaign....and guess what......Dean is going to win! Sean is one of the most respected spokesman in the county if not state. Surely he would offer better hope with his ability to network the political landscape. But mostimportantly, he's not going to kiss Jackson, Miller, Davis, Zucarelli and Meek's ass! He can stand on his own.
Sean is cool. But sneaky. It is a good position to just be a spokesperson, you can always blame it on the other guy. Sean stayed away from Dolton Politics, because he knows that the shit is going to hit the fan when we ge a new mayor. Sean loved Shaw. And he still does. But its only so much he can do to protect a legacy that should have retired before the corruption got so bad that the only way to keep it under wraps is to pass the torch to the rest of the co conspirators.....the lawyer, the teacher, the cancer survivor, the clerk, the drunk, and the other old guy-i just hope we don't have to wait until they all die to be free.
Homer

Chicago, IL

#49 Apr 4, 2009
gcnxfx
forest through the trees

Beecher, IL

#50 Apr 4, 2009
Dolton supporter wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen what you are talking about with these signs for LEWIS on anything standing still! But you are also right about these "5" candidates for Mayor of Dolton. This is just going to confuse people and they will just vote for anyone, unfortunately. If we can get the current administration out of office and if we can get a Mayor and a good slate that does care for our village, then maybe "us" concerned citizens should get our hands dirty. Dolton needs to get a new look and start with beautifying? with flowers, bushes and trees. Gather the young teenagers and have them paint the curbs and fire hydrants, like years ago. Place "litter" cans all thru the village for people to use instead of our streets and lawns. Start a recycling program on the curbs. And ask that the village residents do not put trash and yard waste in the alleys, it belongs on the curb at 7pm the night before your trash pick-up. We are now in 2009, we can make this a great place again, Dolton has potential. So, I know that I will be voting on Tuesday April 7th 2009 -- May we see a great turnout and HOPE it is someone who CARES for DOLTON, like I DO, that becomes the next MAYOR!!
The first thing everyone has to understand that Ronnie Lewis is Ronnie Lewis. Bill Shaw was his friend.

Ronnie and the Democratic ticket are the experience, and have the committment.

You don't see them only at election time. You probably don't see them at all. Try attending the meetings.

Not one candidate (except the incumbents) has been to any hearings or board meeting. They cannot tell you the truth, cause they don't know it.
There are no other real residents, that have demonstrated their willingness to be public, and open and transparent. Look at the state board of election website, pull up the other parties and candidates, and see who is willing to show who is financing their runs. Jason show us who gave you the money, I hear it is Bob Shaw and Bob Fox, thats why you won't file. Sharyn who is financing you? Charlie? Ernesto who is this Cohen dude?

Vote for those who have Democratic as a party on the ballot...don't be fooled by wannabe's on April 7th
Dolton resident

United States

#51 Apr 4, 2009
Homer wrote:
gcnxfx
Homer, what does that mean?
Same old thing

Chicago, IL

#52 Apr 4, 2009
Dolton Business owner wrote:
Mickens is the only one that can help Dolton.I hope the people of Dolton understand that Mr. Lewis wants as many people as possible running for Mayor, so they can split the vote giving Mr. Lewis a better chance of winning. Mr. Mickens has the experience and the energy to manage the city.
The corruption in Dolton is way out of control.We paid out over 9 Million in total compensation last year alone.
This the more that run help Lewis. ope everyone can see that what Mickens is about. He going no where. He owen no Business. No Property in Dolton. need to find someone else.
concerned dolton man

Dolton, IL

#53 Apr 5, 2009
Fight or Flight wrote:
<quoted text>
Sean is cool. But sneaky. It is a good position to just be a spokesperson, you can always blame it on the other guy. Sean stayed away from Dolton Politics, because he knows that the shit is going to hit the fan when we ge a new mayor. Sean loved Shaw. And he still does. But its only so much he can do to protect a legacy that should have retired before the corruption got so bad that the only way to keep it under wraps is to pass the torch to the rest of the co conspirators.....the lawyer, the teacher, the cancer survivor, the clerk, the drunk, and the other old guy-i just hope we don't have to wait until they all die to be free.
Sneaky?? The guy has made it clear where he stands. I hope he reconsideres next year. Many Dolton residents viewed him as the logical choice to replace Mayor Shaw. But I'm sure you would agree he's a huge step ahead of all of these other candidtaes. These candidtaes offer no real hope for our town. I don't blame Sean for seeking out a real candidate to work with in Riverdale...Deyon Dean.
Dolton Interests

United States

#54 Apr 5, 2009
Looking at this election, I really had hoped that Sean Howard would have run for Mayor of Dolton - 2009. Out of respect for Mayor Shaw he held back (Mayor wanted Lewis), so that is what Sean did. Unfortunately, I think Sean would have helped us out!! What will we do if the wrong candidate gets in and Dolton gets "NO" money, from anywhere?
Same old thing

Chicago, IL

#55 Apr 5, 2009
Dolton Interests wrote:
Looking at this election, I really had hoped that Sean Howard would have run for Mayor of Dolton - 2009. Out of respect for Mayor Shaw he held back (Mayor wanted Lewis), so that is what Sean did. Unfortunately, I think Sean would have helped us out!! What will we do if the wrong candidate gets in and Dolton gets "NO" money, from anywhere?
What make you think that the Shaw's didn't tell Sean what to do. They have something on him too. They put people in place so they can control them. What think for your self? If you around the Shaw's that not something you can do. See they want a little Chicago. So to them it Riverdale, Dolton and South Holland all wrapped together. Don't you see the whole picture. Look at roseland it still has not got back on it's feet. So you are putting in these people. Then we get just what we deserve. We must come out and vote on Tuesday April 7. For so one else not the Shaw's. WE HAD ENOUGH.
concerned dolton man

Dolton, IL

#56 Apr 5, 2009
Same old thing wrote:
<quoted text> What make you think that the Shaw's didn't tell Sean what to do. They have something on him too. They put people in place so they can control them. What think for your self? If you around the Shaw's that not something you can do. See they want a little Chicago. So to them it Riverdale, Dolton and South Holland all wrapped together. Don't you see the whole picture. Look at roseland it still has not got back on it's feet. So you are putting in these people. Then we get just what we deserve. We must come out and vote on Tuesday April 7. For so one else not the Shaw's. WE HAD ENOUGH.
My daughter is thirty-three years old and love Sean's professionlism. There is no contest when it relates to this man. Lewis is horribly stupid, Mickens is strictly Zucarelli and House is a baby. I'm officially drafting Sean for 2013. It will be here before you know it. But for now, it's Ronnie Lewis.
Citizen Dolton

United States

#57 Apr 5, 2009
concerned dolton man wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter is thirty-three years old and love Sean's professionlism. There is no contest when it relates to this man. Lewis is horribly stupid, Mickens is strictly Zucarelli and House is a baby. I'm officially drafting Sean for 2013. It will be here before you know it. But for now, it's Ronnie Lewis.
Why do we have to settle for Ronnie Lewis? This man is 64 years old and he looks like 74, he was and still is a puppet! I remember what Dolton looked like pre-Shaw, we cannot give up on it now. Lewis, Shaw and the others need to step away and let the youngn's take over. When they are gone we will be left holding this, big lemon. Dolton is looking for change now, we do not want to go backwards we need to go forward and never look back. Shame on the residents of Dolton if these greedy folk get back in-because in 4 years it will look so bad here, what will we do? Please remember to vote on Tuesday 4/7/2009 and vote for change "NO MORE LEWIS (SHAW)".
GladWhenItsOver

United States

#58 Apr 5, 2009
Dolton Interests wrote:
Looking at this election, I really had hoped that Sean Howard would have run for Mayor of Dolton - 2009. Out of respect for Mayor Shaw he held back (Mayor wanted Lewis), so that is what Sean did. Unfortunately, I think Sean would have helped us out!! What will we do if the wrong candidate gets in and Dolton gets "NO" money, from anywhere?
I'm not interested in a man who was very much married, and had a girlfriend/mistress, who he was harassing/stalking and then arrested for it. He left threatening messages on her answering machine and everything! Not to mention the fact, that he is a glory-hound, hot-dog, over-zealous full of hot-hair, verbage piece. Excuse me? It was Sean always running to the media, every time something went down, so he could be seen and speak. He even had a police radio, listening to calls! Dolton, needed that like a we need a bullet in our heads! He even called CNN, when that bogus, jack-legged situation at the Heritage or whatever bank in Dolton transpired. Sean Howard, is just concerned about Sean Howard, and that's it! He's a media junkie! Not to mention, an ultimate opportunist! Sean, doesn't want to run for mayor because it's too much work!!!! He's better off applying for CLTV! Anyone, can take a class, pass and graduate. Many on this board have degrees, that doesn't make us a grand leader because we're educated and have the gift of gab.
Citizen Dolton

United States

#59 Apr 5, 2009
GladWhenItsOver wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in a man who was very much married, and had a girlfriend/mistress, who he was harassing/stalking and then arrested for it. He left threatening messages on her answering machine and everything! Not to mention the fact, that he is a glory-hound, hot-dog, over-zealous full of hot-hair, verbage piece. Excuse me? It was Sean always running to the media, every time something went down, so he could be seen and speak. He even had a police radio, listening to calls! Dolton, needed that like a we need a bullet in our heads! He even called CNN, when that bogus, jack-legged situation at the Heritage or whatever bank in Dolton transpired. Sean Howard, is just concerned about Sean Howard, and that's it! He's a media junkie! Not to mention, an ultimate opportunist! Sean, doesn't want to run for mayor because it's too much work!!!! He's better off applying for CLTV! Anyone, can take a class, pass and graduate. Many on this board have degrees, that doesn't make us a grand leader because we're educated and have the gift of gab.
You are right! We do not need anybody with baggage from the past. He is out for himself. I will be glad when it is all over, too.

Since: Mar 09

Chicago, IL

#60 Apr 5, 2009
forest through the trees wrote:
<quoted text>
The first thing everyone has to understand that Ronnie Lewis is Ronnie Lewis. Bill Shaw was his friend.
Ronnie and the Democratic ticket are the experience, and have the committment.
You don't see them only at election time. You probably don't see them at all. Try attending the meetings.
Not one candidate (except the incumbents) has been to any hearings or board meeting. They cannot tell you the truth, cause they don't know it.
There are no other real residents, that have demonstrated their willingness to be public, and open and transparent. Look at the state board of election website, pull up the other parties and candidates, and see who is willing to show who is financing their runs. Jason show us who gave you the money, I hear it is Bob Shaw and Bob Fox, thats why you won't file. Sharyn who is financing you? Charlie? Ernesto who is this Cohen dude?
Vote for those who have Democratic as a party on the ballot...don't be fooled by wannabe's on April 7th
Okay-Im going 8mile on you:
Here is why people support Ronnie Lewis:
1. They have known him for a long time.
2. Jason House and Charles Walls don't have a complete slate
3. Jason House and Charles Walls are too young.
4. The have known Ronnie Lewis for a long time.
5. They are afraid of losing their jobs if they vote in a new Mayor.
6. They are afraid of going to jail if they vote in a new Mayor.

See me at Fairway, I'll buy some cheese to go with your whine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 5 hr carl3615 1,023
Ultra food store in Crestwood closing 9 hr Huh 6
Review: Public Moving and Storage (Sep '16) 15 hr Calvin Houde 415
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 17 hr Shamrock 33
Water bill Wed Concerned 2
Trustee Kevin Michaels (Nov '15) Wed LaughingatDwyerAlso 23
News Lawyer for Markham man calls law 'unfair' that ... Wed Dogman2009 1

Dolton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dolton Mortgages