Who Will Remake Puerto Rico for the 21st-Century Social Economy?

May 27, 2013 Full story: Forbes.com

In late 2011 - a year that helped me take a major turn in my vocation - I visited Puerto Rico to speak at a conference.

Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#1 May 28, 2013
Since the social economy creates nothing, and has no profits to re-invest, I would surmise it will be someone with nothing to offer other than platitudes and great speeches. The social economy is similar to painting telephone poles and barrier strips, while the highway falls apart.

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#2 May 28, 2013
IMO this sounds all wishy washy.

In order to fix Puerto Rico it needs a change in status ... and everyone on this forum knows where I stand when it comes to status. There is only one option: statehood.

The colony doesent work. You cannot "perfect" an undemocratic, undignified status.
Independence would be a disaster. Puerto Ricans would flee the island by the million.
This leaves us with statehood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 pacostacos 287
Why July 25 Is a Tragic Date in Puerto Rican Hi... Aug '14 El Cacique 3
US Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Prepares to Default Jul '14 LongIslander1987 2
Granite stolen from one shop, found at another Jul '14 TooHigh 2
Reader photos: Puerto Ricans march for independ... Jun '14 LongIslander1987 2
Working in Cortez May '14 John Doe 1
•••
•••

Dolores Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dolores People Search