Dolgeville Teachers Evaluations

Posted in the Dolgeville Forum

Education

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jul 17, 2012
I hear that Dolgeville School did not complete thier teachers evaluations on time. I hear that if that they are not completed and turned into the State Education Department on time that this could effect our aide to the school sysem. Why were they not completed and turned in on time. Does anyone know if this is true.
Where

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Where did you hear this?
Education

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Education wrote:
I hear that Dolgeville School did not complete thier teachers evaluations on time. I hear that if that they are not completed and turned into the State Education Department on time that this could effect our aide to the school sysem. Why were they not completed and turned in on time. Does anyone know if this is true.
It was in the paper, and on the news , get off your ass and turn the rabbit ears. Little Falls made it on time. Or pay for cable TV! LMFAO
Sister Sue

Little Falls, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2012
Why would they be late. Were is the Board of Education? They should be on top of this! There is no reason this should happen! I pray to God for changes!
Alumni

Tully, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2012
No wonder we cant get anyone to merge with us anymore. Its a wonder we got Sratford & Salisbury.
FYI

Little Falls, NY

#6 Jul 18, 2012
The money you speak of is incentive money to push boards and tas to come to an agreement before the law goes into effect in January and the taxpayers start to find out how costly it is. I am not a teacher- I am a business person. Im saying this up front. Schools are similar to businesses in some respects. It costs megabucks to train people and then it's going to cost megabucks to pay people (they don't work for free)to sift through all the data that teachers now have to submit. Teachers will be out of the classrooms even more frequently which means more substitute costs and/or half days for kids. We're probably also going to be socked with more administrative bills because we'll need more administrators to cover all of the evaluating that has to be done now. So....for all you people whining about missing out on a few thousand dollars, wait until you find out how much this new system is going to cost as opposed to having your principal observe your teachers and do their own in house evaluation. And don't forget the bottom line is that it's all about the kids and IMPROVING education. We'll see if future job applicants come to interviews any smarter in a few years! If I had to wager a bet, I'd say probably not!
Insider

Oneida, NY

#7 Jul 18, 2012
FYI wrote:
The money you speak of is incentive money to push boards and tas to come to an agreement before the law goes into effect in January and the taxpayers start to find out how costly it is. I am not a teacher- I am a business person. Im saying this up front. Schools are similar to businesses in some respects. It costs megabucks to train people and then it's going to cost megabucks to pay people (they don't work for free)to sift through all the data that teachers now have to submit. Teachers will be out of the classrooms even more frequently which means more substitute costs and/or half days for kids. We're probably also going to be socked with more administrative bills because we'll need more administrators to cover all of the evaluating that has to be done now. So....for all you people whining about missing out on a few thousand dollars, wait until you find out how much this new system is going to cost as opposed to having your principal observe your teachers and do their own in house evaluation. And don't forget the bottom line is that it's all about the kids and IMPROVING education. We'll see if future job applicants come to interviews any smarter in a few years! If I had to wager a bet, I'd say probably not!
Sounds like teacher union propaganda to me. I bet you have a teacher or a wanna be teacher in your family. Time to weed out the bad teachers. Heaven forbid if the teachers have evaluations like in the real world!
Joel

Little Falls, NY

#8 Jul 18, 2012
I agree It's time to weed out the ded beats...Not all but there are teachers in our school system that need to be weeded out. They just collect a pay check, and don't really care about the kids! But I still don't understand why the evaluations were not completed on time!
FYI

Little Falls, NY

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like teacher union propaganda to me. I bet you have a teacher or a wanna be teacher in your family. Time to weed out the bad teachers. Heaven forbid if the teachers have evaluations like in the real world!
No, I actually have owned a well established restaurant for years and have no teachers or "wannabes" in my family. I do read and keep up on the news though and I'm telling you as a businessman, whenever the government takes over something they not only ruin it but the costs skyrocket due to the regulations. This has nothing to do with bettering education for your kids by getting rid of lousy teachers. It's still going to be difficult to fire lousy teachers. You're just paying even more to do it now.
Harry

Moravia, NY

#10 Jul 19, 2012
O.K. so you are saying even if its broke dont fix it. No wonder you used past tense (have owned) a restaurant. Perhaps you did not evaluate your employees.
class of 2013

Little Falls, NY

#11 Jul 24, 2012
If we dont get our work done, we get a failing grade! Nice example for all us kids!
betty boop

Little Falls, NY

#12 Aug 2, 2012
I agree. The School should practice what they preach.
Teacher

Syracuse, NY

#13 Aug 2, 2012
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like teacher union propaganda to me. I bet you have a teacher or a wanna be teacher in your family. Time to weed out the bad teachers. Heaven forbid if the teachers have evaluations like in the real world!
I am actually loving all the changes NYS is implementing. This summer I have racked up enough in-service credit by attending useless trainings to move me up on the salary schedule. This amounts to about $160/year. It doesn't sound like much, but I will get this increase for the rest of my teaching career. There are many other teachers attending these trainings, so it will likely become quite costly for districts down the road. Just wait taxpayers, you haven't seen anything yet. Third party testing, college and career readiness tests required that are to be done online (many school networks are not able to handle this and will result in massive technology upgrades), new textbook prices have doubled over the past two years, mandated teacher training at the district's expense, and more administrators required to do the evaluations and work with poorly performing teachers.

Where will all the money come from? Obama's Race to the Top monies won't cover all this. So I guess us taxpayers are stuck footing the bill. At least I will get compensated well for playing along in this educational disaster. Thanks Gov. Coumo!!!
Super

Verona, NY

#14 Aug 2, 2012
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I am actually loving all the changes NYS is implementing. This summer I have racked up enough in-service credit by attending useless trainings to move me up on the salary schedule. This amounts to about $160/year. It doesn't sound like much, but I will get this increase for the rest of my teaching career. There are many other teachers attending these trainings, so it will likely become quite costly for districts down the road. Just wait taxpayers, you haven't seen anything yet. Third party testing, college and career readiness tests required that are to be done online (many school networks are not able to handle this and will result in massive technology upgrades), new textbook prices have doubled over the past two years, mandated teacher training at the district's expense, and more administrators required to do the evaluations and work with poorly performing teachers.
Where will all the money come from? Obama's Race to the Top monies won't cover all this. So I guess us taxpayers are stuck footing the bill. At least I will get compensated well for playing along in this educational disaster. Thanks Gov. Coumo!!!
An employee being evaluated should not be termed a disaster by a teacher, shame on you for being an eletist. If as you say extra funds are needed we can let a few teachers go to free up about two hundred thousand dollars. Good luck in the unemployment line smartypants.
let em go

Little Falls, NY

#16 Aug 4, 2012
they absolutely should release some of the teachers/aids/monitors/bus monitors. Some of them literally do nothing.. teach 1 or 2 classes.. follow around a couple of "slow" learners for the day. ride the bus?? come on!!!
Some of the teachers do deserve raises and truely care about the kids.. others. are just collecting a paycheck, and it's time for them to move on..
Worker

Little Falls, NY

#17 Aug 5, 2012
let em go wrote:
they absolutely should release some of the teachers/aids/monitors/bus monitors. Some of them literally do nothing.. teach 1 or 2 classes.. follow around a couple of "slow" learners for the day. ride the bus?? come on!!!
Some of the teachers do deserve raises and truely care about the kids.. others. are just collecting a paycheck, and it's time for them to move on..
Then maybe instead of sitting at home on their lazy butts collecting medicaid for doing nothing and criticizing those who are trying to give their kids a chance, these lazy, fat, parasitic parents who "truely care about the kids" should teach and moniter their own children. Oh, but then they'll be required to actually DO something instead of watching Jerry Springer all day long.
let em go

Little Falls, NY

#18 Aug 6, 2012
well i'll tell ya, "back in the day" when the bus driver told you to turn around,sit down & shut up! you damn well better have done it. or that bus would be pulled off the side of the road, while you got a lil special attention... not today..Today, these kids tell the bus driver to f*ck off ,so now we need a 'monitor' to handle these kids. & Yes if some of these parents gave their kids the time of day, they would be a lot better off.. but since this generation is more self absorbed, to hell with what their kids need.. this is what we have .. babysitters on the busses, and in the classrooms. It's pretty sad. And as tax payers we shell out their paychecks & then bitch about it ..

& Jerry Springer.. is so overrated...
Really

Herkimer, NY

#19 Aug 23, 2012
It isn't so hard 2 do... I got that skank tcher fired my senior yr. don't take much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOCO London Gold investment 1 hr lydia Chou 1
snow sidewalks in herkimer 3 hr concerned citizen 1
Herkimer County Humane Society 3 hr facts 9
Bellinger Creek 5 hr Ainsworth 1
Joy Presta? 7 hr where are they now 1
How do I get my wife to stop cheating ? (Jan '10) 7 hr Fidelity 45
Top Ten Worst Companies To Work For (Jan '10) 8 hr local factory worker 292
Dolgeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web