Here is why the chief failed the chie...

Here is why the chief failed the chief exam

Posted in the Dolgeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unbelievable

New York, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2012
Dolgeville, N.Y.—
The Dolgeville Police Department conducted a warrant sweep with the assistance of several local police agencies on June 14, resulting in four arrests.
The following individuals were arrested for failure to appear in Manheim Town Court to answer traffic tickets issued by the state and village police:
•Joey L. Goff, 24, of 177 E. Clark St., Ilion, who was arrested in Ilion at 11:45 a.m.
•Glenn A. Hayner, 59, of 196 Cape Horn Rd., Johnstown, who turned himself in at the Dolgeville Police Station at 11:05 a.m.
•Leanne N. Rubas, 29, of 12 Gibson St., Dolgeville, who was arrested at her residence.
•Heath J. Bailey, 36, of 715 State Highway 170A, Little Falls, who was arrested on a bench warrant and charged with third-degree bail jumping for failing to reappear Manheim Town Court on May 19.
All four were arraigned in Manheim Town Court.
The assisting agencies were the Herkimer County Sheriff’s Department, the Fulton County Sheriff’s Department, the state police and the village of Frankfort, village of Herkimer, village of Ilion, city of Little Falls and village of St. Johnsville police departments.

It doesnt take NINE AGENCIES to arrest 3 people (note that one turned himself in) on outstanding TRAFFIC TICKETS. I dont think I have ever seen such a waste of taxpaper money. Part of the chief's exam is proper utilization of resources. As you can see, Dickie Congdumb has no idea how to manage resources. All this could have been done by ONE cop knocking on doors for a couple of hours. NINE AGENCIES???? For TRAFFIC TICKETS?!?!?Seriously???? Thank God that morons time as chief is drawing to a close. If only we could say the same for the rest of the idiots running these departments. What a waste of tax dollars.
yup

New York, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2012
I bet one of the ones arrested volunteered to be handcuffed and spanked...haha

Who can guess which one?
Ever Heard

Long Eddy, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2012
Ever Heard of Inter Agency Cooperation? That's right Greg, you just took the law into your own hands - a bunch of times.
not surprised

New York, NY

#4 Jun 17, 2012
im not a law brain, but i beleive this is the way warrents are handled....cops from dville cant leave their town n go into another without the assistance of the town the arrest is made in......maybe marilyn will run across towns to pick up ppl with warrents,,,,hahaha
Really

Long Eddy, NY

#5 Jun 17, 2012
not surprised wrote:
im not a law brain, but i beleive this is the way warrents are handled....cops from dville cant leave their town n go into another without the assistance of the town the arrest is made in......maybe marilyn will run across towns to pick up ppl with warrents,,,,hahaha
No wait, Stephanie will run. Marilyn certainly can't :)
really funny

North Bay, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2012
how far do you think she could run
really

New York, NY

#7 Jun 18, 2012
a judge issued the warrants and they go out to last known address agencies.nothing to do with the chief .
Correct

West Winfield, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2012
The original poster is correct, it would not take 9 agencies. 4 people, one living in Dolgeville. The ONLY reason he did this and asked for all that help is to pad his number for the meeting. Mark my words he will bring up how many arrests they have made since he took over. If someone lives outside the village and there is a warrant, all you do is notify the village they live in and wait till they are found. You don't ask other agencies to run around finding these people!!!
ash

New York, NY

#9 Jun 18, 2012
Correct wrote:
The original poster is correct, it would not take 9 agencies. 4 people, one living in Dolgeville. The ONLY reason he did this and asked for all that help is to pad his number for the meeting. Mark my words he will bring up how many arrests they have made since he took over. If someone lives outside the village and there is a warrant, all you do is notify the village they live in and wait till they are found. You don't ask other agencies to run around finding these people!!!
Actually, yes, you do. this type of cooperation between law enforcement agencies happens all the time. It is a way to arrest people who refuse to answer their warrants. I'm going out on a limb here, and going to guess you have no contact with law enforcement. That's great! But these people have to answer for whatever crime they have committed, trivial or severe. This "interdepartmental cooperation" saves thousands of tax-payer dollars per year, And I, for one, am glad. My money is hard to come by, and someone saving it? If he wants to trot that logic out to the board, I say let him! they would be idiots to ignore his results. Oh, Wait...
sweep this Dickie

New York, NY

#10 Jun 18, 2012
ash wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes, you do. this type of cooperation between law enforcement agencies happens all the time. It is a way to arrest people who refuse to answer their warrants. I'm going out on a limb here, and going to guess you have no contact with law enforcement. That's great! But these people have to answer for whatever crime they have committed, trivial or severe. This "interdepartmental cooperation" saves thousands of tax-payer dollars per year, And I, for one, am glad. My money is hard to come by, and someone saving it? If he wants to trot that logic out to the board, I say let him! they would be idiots to ignore his results. Oh, Wait...
Calling up Joe Cop in Ilion on the phone and asking him to check a house for you does not constitute a "warrant sweep". The paper (meaning Congdumbs press release) called it a warrant sweep. A warrant sweep is when multiple agencies physically congregate and go around 'sweeping' up arrests, and NOT parking tickets scoffs!
You people know about as much about law enforcement as you illustrious mustachioed moron of a police chief. You might not like Marilyn but at least she has a brain as do the other candidates. Its not like the chiefs exam is that tough. The man is teaching kids at Boces but cant pass a test himself?????? Bye bye Dickie!
ash

New York, NY

#11 Jun 18, 2012
sweep this Dickie wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling up Joe Cop in Ilion on the phone and asking him to check a house for you does not constitute a "warrant sweep". The paper (meaning Congdumbs press release) called it a warrant sweep. A warrant sweep is when multiple agencies physically congregate and go around 'sweeping' up arrests, and NOT parking tickets scoffs!
You people know about as much about law enforcement as you illustrious mustachioed moron of a police chief. You might not like Marilyn but at least she has a brain as do the other candidates. Its not like the chiefs exam is that tough. The man is teaching kids at Boces but cant pass a test himself?????? Bye bye Dickie!
A warrant is a warrant. and, quite frankly, I don't care who does the job, as long as it gets done. From what I've heard though, "Marilyn" physically cannot do the job. Also, as far as I know, She is being hired as a "clerical" type of Chief. this would mean she would sit behind a desk, doing "clerical" types of things, while other officers would do the actual work. That means extra payroll. That means tax dollars being pissed away. Sorry, I'm not a fan of that.

As far as not passing the test, lots of people don't on their first try. If you could, great! go on and put your name in the hat!If you can do the job, and save us money, I'd vote for you.
ash

New York, NY

#12 Jun 18, 2012
sweep this Dickie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Umm, only one of the people listed had anything about what they were arrested for, and his was bail jumping. Says nothing about traffic tickets...
dickies brother in LF

New York, NY

#13 Jun 18, 2012
ash wrote:
<quoted text>
crooked hat got let go of the DARE program in Little Falls cause of stealing money from the program to buy his wife a new car he got fired from there. pretty good has to bring his little son with him to work in dolgeville to put posters all over village store little boy goes on calls with him what a liability that is for the village
ash

New York, NY

#14 Jun 18, 2012
dickies brother in LF wrote:
<quoted text> crooked hat got let go of the DARE program in Little Falls cause of stealing money from the program to buy his wife a new car he got fired from there. pretty good has to bring his little son with him to work in dolgeville to put posters all over village store little boy goes on calls with him what a liability that is for the village
oh, Honey, it's red pill in the morning, blue pill at night!! call your nurse, she'll straighten it out for you.
really funny

North Bay, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2012
dickies brother in LF wrote:
<quoted text> crooked hat got let go of the DARE program in Little Falls cause of stealing money from the program to buy his wife a new car he got fired from there. pretty good has to bring his little son with him to work in dolgeville to put posters all over village store little boy goes on calls with him what a liability that is for the village
his kid? now theres another piece of work!
hahahaha

Dolgeville, NY

#17 Jun 19, 2012
Dickie is still chief and Marilyn has her family to blame they really showed how bright they are last night. Also I would like to say Gary Luther you showed how bright you are as well. Write a big piece in the paper about supporting her for chief and then tuck your tail and give into pressure. Do yourself a favor and grow a set would you.
showboat

New York, NY

#18 Jun 19, 2012
Haha yep its still chief congdon. He didnt even have to say much. The 100 plus supporters at the meeting did it for him. And really funny how is his kid a piece of work? He holds a job pays taxes and takes care of his family. You probably dont even know the guy just want to talk shit. Cause you have all the time to sit around and post on topix cause you dont have a job dont pay taxes and your family probably hates you.
let me get this right

New York, NY

#19 Jun 19, 2012
showboat wrote:
Haha yep its still chief congdon. He didnt even have to say much. The 100 plus supporters at the meeting did it for him. And really funny how is his kid a piece of work? He holds a job pays taxes and takes care of his family. You probably dont even know the guy just want to talk shit. Cause you have all the time to sit around and post on topix cause you dont have a job dont pay taxes and your family probably hates you.
the chief flunked the test. There is a valid civil service list. You must, by law, choose from those candidates. He is still chief. What is this, Frankfort?!?!?!?!? Its not like he is gonna pass the test next time around. Unreal. No wonder people have no faith in politicians and law enforcement. Civil service "law" but they do what they want anyway.
dont be stupid

New York, NY

#21 Jun 19, 2012
let me get this right wrote:
<quoted text>
the chief flunked the test. There is a valid civil service list. You must, by law, choose from those candidates. He is still chief. What is this, Frankfort?!?!?!?!? Its not like he is gonna pass the test next time around. Unreal. No wonder people have no faith in politicians and law enforcement. Civil service "law" but they do what they want anyway.
Many people don't pass a test the first time- I'm glad they are giving him another chance-he seems to be doing a good job & is well liked. Better than having someone in charge who has already sued the village once....
wise enough

New York, NY

#22 Jun 19, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
Dickie is still chief and Marilyn has her family to blame they really showed how bright they are last night. Also I would like to say Gary Luther you showed how bright you are as well. Write a big piece in the paper about supporting her for chief and then tuck your tail and give into pressure. Do yourself a favor and grow a set would you.
It does show how bright he is-I'm sure he knows that some of those pissed off people are his customers & will take business elsewhere!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Herkimer county dss 49 min LostinNy 6
Pot holes are Back! 9 hr Wondering 6
the 'Can Man' ?? 9 hr Wondering 3
Mr CB Short Wave Man 9 hr Wondering 6
Teresa stickles Wed Smh 3
Hair loft Jan 15 John potter 2
Rick Barnes chainsaw Jan 14 Billy Joe Bob 7

Dolgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance