First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deb Sherwood

Ilion, NY

#3 Oct 20, 2012
Ya know, I am so sick of everyone bitching about the coaches!!! Number 1, Sandy Creek was the home team so wasn't it their responsibility to have medical staff there??? And I really don't think it would matter who we got for a coach, if we lose, they need to go!! I'm not saying that they don't make mistakes, but he who lives in glasses houses....and as far as the game last night, I don't care what anyone says, we would have won that game if it weren't for the Refs!! Granted, they deff. could have played better in the 1st half, but they came out strong in the second! And number 2, Does it really matter how good the Cheer Leaders are?? The boys don't listen to them & it's deff. not their fault that we lost!! I never post on this site, because I think it's just stupid shit most of the time & I very seldom even go on here, but knew that someone would have something to say about the game! Just call me curious!! But like I said, The coaches don't matter, it doesn't seem to matter what the boys are feeling, the cheer leaders don't matter, the only thing that matters to anyone is that WE WIN!!! So in all reality, we could go through 50 more coaches & if we don't win every game, get rid of them!!! I like the boys to win as much as everyone else, but what are we gonna do...
side line

Ilion, NY

#4 Oct 20, 2012
PEOPLE....This is high school football. So the team lost. Its just a game. I'm sure the coaches and the team and the cheerleaders all did the best they could. If they all walked away with pride knowing that they gave it their all,than they are winners! All you negitive peolple are missing the point of the purpose of a High School sports program. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Take a minute and take a hard look at the way your acting. Like Deb pointed out, I would also like to see them win, but whats more important is that the team and all of you are good sports no matter what.
Boobala

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 20, 2012
Chances are none of these kids are ever going to go pro so just let them enjoy playing and cheering. Please don't let your unfulfilled dreams manifest into bitterness towards children trying to enjoy the game.
Ignorant

Louisa, VA

#6 Oct 20, 2012
Coming from the mother of a current player? Brownie points for good ole Austin? I know damn well your opinion is hazed because your not looking at this the way the rest of us who make valid points are! The program as whole (not just this year) but since Walzach left has gone to hell. Has nothing to do with the kids that go out there and do their best, it's about the coaching that is failing these kids. Connelly has proven that he can not manage football and is doing an injustice to the heart of Dolgevilles pride. A committee is being formed to demand his resignation, and maybe just maybe we can have our program back!
Deb Sherwood

Ilion, NY

#7 Oct 20, 2012
For one thing my comment had absolutely nothing to do with my son, so you probably shouldn't even bring him into any of this!! And I am well aware that Connolly is not Walzack!! No one is Walzack & no one ever will be. My point is that there is not one coach out there that is going to replace Walzack, everyone wants Dolgeville Football to be the same & yes that would be nice but not practical, times change & people change. I understand about Dolgeville Pride & that everyone would like the FB program to do as well as it did 15-20 yrs ago, I would love that too. All I'm saying is that I really don't think anyone in this town is going to be happy with ANY other coach than Walzak. It would be great if he were still coach, but he's not. And how does anyone know that by getting rid of the coaching staff that we have is going to make things better?? That's what I'm saying, so instead of being "ignorant" & bringing my kid into this maybe you stop & think about my point!!!
Agree

Ilion, NY

#8 Oct 20, 2012
Deb Sherwood wrote:
For one thing my comment had absolutely nothing to do with my son, so you probably shouldn't even bring him into any of this!! And I am well aware that Connolly is not Walzack!! No one is Walzack & no one ever will be. My point is that there is not one coach out there that is going to replace Walzack, everyone wants Dolgeville Football to be the same & yes that would be nice but not practical, times change & people change. I understand about Dolgeville Pride & that everyone would like the FB program to do as well as it did 15-20 yrs ago, I would love that too. All I'm saying is that I really don't think anyone in this town is going to be happy with ANY other coach than Walzak. It would be great if he were still coach, but he's not. And how does anyone know that by getting rid of the coaching staff that we have is going to make things better?? That's what I'm saying, so instead of being "ignorant" & bringing my kid into this maybe you stop & think about my point!!!
Totally agree with you. People need to get over Walzack. In all the years he coached,how many kids went any farther than a small college to play. As far as I know, no one ever went to the NFL.He also lost games too and I am sure at the time he lost,people had things to say about him sucking as a coach too. If only there was a way to make your dreams become real and win state championships every year.It is never going to happen no matter who the coaching staff is so all you washed up old football players might as well get over it!!!!!You may all have been heroes back in your day but you all played for a small town called Dolgeville just like your kids now. If you think Connolly is so bad and holding your kid back, then take him to a bigger school and let him show everyone the potential you think he has!!!!The way you people are on here slamming Connolly, you would think he is holding your kids back from making millions. You think Connolly has been a bad coach for years, then why have you not stepped up before now??? It probably is easier for you all to sit on here behind a fake name and bash the coach rather than you take over and have people bash you after a loss too huh?Can't wait to see how far you and your committee get with getting resignations because I would bet the kids will stand behind Connolly 100%. You don't see kids on here complaining about how bad the coaches are and you don't see kids quitting because of the coaches so maybe you should all let the kids be kids and play for fun like it is intended. If the games are too much for you to watch when we lose, then maybe you should grow up and find another hobby and finally let your old football days go!!!!! Also let go of the fact Walczack is a hero because he is far from it. He left when he did for a reason and it wasn't retirement since he has helped out other schools with their football program, West Canada being his latest one. Ask him where he was the night Dolgeville played West Canada, see if he tells you he was in the building calling plays to them. Some hero!!! I would much rather have my son's hero be Connolly even though he doesn't win every football game rather than have my son look up to Walczack.
die hard

Herkimer, NY

#9 Oct 20, 2012
please step off the edge of a very tall building.
Ignorant

Louisa, VA

#10 Oct 20, 2012
Again you're nothing BUT ignorant!!! Connelly was approached by Jerry Walzach and offered to assist with the team this year and was told NO! Do you really think that ANY other school would refuse his help? ABSOLUTELY NOT! If it werent for your LOSER Connelly, the REAL hero Walzach would have been in Dolgevilles corner and NOT West Canadas.....Learn the facts before you decide to make yourself look like a RETARD!!
Former Res

Ithaca, NY

#11 Oct 20, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree with you. People need to get over Walzack. In all the years he coached,how many kids went any farther than a small college to play. As far as I know, no one ever went to the NFL.He also lost games too and I am sure at the time he lost,people had things to say about him sucking as a coach too. If only there was a way to make your dreams become real and win state championships every year.It is never going to happen no matter who the coaching staff is so all you washed up old football players might as well get over it!!!!!You may all have been heroes back in your day but you all played for a small town called Dolgeville just like your kids now. If you think Connolly is so bad and holding your kid back, then take him to a bigger school and let him show everyone the potential you think he has!!!!The way you people are on here slamming Connolly, you would think he is holding your kids back from making millions. You think Connolly has been a bad coach for years, then why have you not stepped up before now??? It probably is easier for you all to sit on here behind a fake name and bash the coach rather than you take over and have people bash you after a loss too huh?Can't wait to see how far you and your committee get with getting resignations because I would bet the kids will stand behind Connolly 100%. You don't see kids on here complaining about how bad the coaches are and you don't see kids quitting because of the coaches so maybe you should all let the kids be kids and play for fun like it is intended. If the games are too much for you to watch when we lose, then maybe you should grow up and find another hobby and finally let your old football days go!!!!! Also let go of the fact Walczack is a hero because he is far from it. He left when he did for a reason and it wasn't retirement since he has helped out other schools with their football program, West Canada being his latest one. Ask him where he was the night Dolgeville played West Canada, see if he tells you he was in the building calling plays to them. Some hero!!! I would much rather have my son's hero be Connolly even though he doesn't win every football game rather than have my son look up to Walczack.
I see you didn't post your real name is that because you would get run out of town after this stupid ass post. Nothing bad to say about Connelly as a person but from watching him coach throughout the years I just don't think he is a good judge of tallest and getting the right athletes in the right positions. That's what makes a great football coach. Yes, I did play for Walczack 22 years ago and that is what he was able to do better than a lot of other coaches assess talent and characher. Don't forget if it wasn't for one lose to West Canada in 90' There would have been a 60 game winning streak. Take that and shove it up your tight ass.
idiot

Herkimer, NY

#12 Oct 20, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree with you. People need to get over Walzack. In all the years he coached,how many kids went any farther than a small college to play. As far as I know, no one ever went to the NFL.He also lost games too and I am sure at the time he lost,people had things to say about him sucking as a coach too. If only there was a way to make your dreams become real and win state championships every year.It is never going to happen no matter who the coaching staff is so all you washed up old football players might as well get over it!!!!!You may all have been heroes back in your day but you all played for a small town called Dolgeville just like your kids now. If you think Connolly is so bad and holding your kid back, then take him to a bigger school and let him show everyone the potential you think he has!!!!The way you people are on here slamming Connolly, you would think he is holding your kids back from making millions. You think Connolly has been a bad coach for years, then why have you not stepped up before now??? It probably is easier for you all to sit on here behind a fake name and bash the coach rather than you take over and have people bash you after a loss too huh?Can't wait to see how far you and your committee get with getting resignations because I would bet the kids will stand behind Connolly 100%. You don't see kids on here complaining about how bad the coaches are and you don't see kids quitting because of the coaches so maybe you should all let the kids be kids and play for fun like it is intended. If the games are too much for you to watch when we lose, then maybe you should grow up and find another hobby and finally let your old football days go!!!!! Also let go of the fact Walczack is a hero because he is far from it. He left when he did for a reason and it wasn't retirement since he has helped out other schools with their football program, West Canada being his latest one. Ask him where he was the night Dolgeville played West Canada, see if he tells you he was in the building calling plays to them. Some hero!!! I would much rather have my son's hero be Connolly even though he doesn't win every football game rather than have my son look up to Walczack.
ok connolly you can get off topix now. your just jealous that you will never be half the coach Jerry was.
Side Line

Ilion, NY

#13 Oct 21, 2012
Take a deep breath...and repeat several times...Its Just a Game....Its Just a game....This subject is not even important...Let it go! Its high school football.

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Oct 21, 2012
Agree wrote:
Totally agree. Everyone listen to thisi person.
really

Little Falls, NY

#15 Oct 21, 2012
i vote to end football so none of us have to listen to morons like you carry on over high school football.GET A LIFE
side liner

Ilion, NY

#16 Oct 21, 2012
I just wish all you negitive people cared about other school funtions like you do football. All this anger boils down to a sport that has about ten games, involves a small percentage of the student body (50kids) and cost an arm and a leg to fund. People are complaining about everything from the coaches to the cheerleaders when you loose. Maybe Dolgeville School should get rid of the football program so all can focus on more important things like a good education. You know that stuff the kids can use in real life! Lord knows that these kids are not learning anything from all these useless negitive comments. Maybe we should form a commette to ban football from the School system all together. It would lower our taxes and we wouldn't have to listen to all of you complaining if you don't win.
Be very careful of what can of worms you open up!
playet

Ardsley, NY

#17 Oct 21, 2012
side liner wrote:
I just wish all you negitive people cared about other school funtions like you do football. All this anger boils down to a sport that has about ten games, involves a small percentage of the student body (50kids) and cost an arm and a leg to fund. People are complaining about everything from the coaches to the cheerleaders when you loose. Maybe Dolgeville School should get rid of the football program so all can focus on more important things like a good education. You know that stuff the kids can use in real life! Lord knows that these kids are not learning anything from all these useless negitive comments. Maybe we should form a commette to ban football from the School system all together. It would lower our taxes and we wouldn't have to listen to all of you complaining if you don't win.
Good luck with that smartie smurf ban football that's funny
yup

Little Falls, NY

#18 Oct 21, 2012
side liner wrote:
Yup- you need to go back to school & learn how to spell!
Just saying

Ilion, NY

#19 Oct 21, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text> Yup- you need to go back to school & learn how to spell!
Shit, I didn't know this was a spelling Bee. I'll practice!
Just saying

Ilion, NY

#20 Oct 21, 2012
By the way...aren't you the fool!~
pedro

Herkimer, NY

#21 Oct 21, 2012
just saying is an ignorant ahole
just sayin

Long Eddy, NY

#22 Oct 21, 2012
maybe if they put meters on the water jugs, they would no if they drink enough water

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arthur's 1 hr robbie 6
Dolgeville woman charged with endangering the w... (Jun '15) 1 hr Trs 8
WTF is with state and route 167 Jul 21 jim 4
Jessica dineen (Apr '15) Jul 19 Myi 7
PokemonGo Jul 16 Good idea 2
Football practice already Jul 16 Big Bleu 9
Fire Dept sucks Jul 15 Concerned 2

Dolgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance