Athletic Director and football coach
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
XYZ

Ithaca, NY

#112 Dec 5, 2012
If his teaching style is such a joke, why do more students annually pass his course than a majority of the other regent courses in that school?
ABC

Ardsley, NY

#113 Dec 5, 2012
chris wrote:
An old Irish proverb
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see...
Yah specially if it comes from Connelly!
ABC

Ardsley, NY

#114 Dec 5, 2012
XYZ wrote:
If his teaching style is such a joke, why do more students annually pass his course than a majority of the other regent courses in that school?
He doesn't teach regents courses so I don't know where your statistics are comming from.
Dcs grad

Little Falls, NY

#115 Dec 5, 2012
Who's teaching the one class a day load in his schedule?
Student at dolgeville

Little Falls, NY

#116 Dec 5, 2012
He was teaching college now, government, and psychology. He teaches more classes that many other teachers. Plus being DA which is another full time job in itself. He started the track program in Dolgeville and has influenced countless number of kids. He's a good man and was even my sponsor for confirmation in church last year. I have the utmost respect for mr. Connolly and so do many other students
ABC

Brooklyn, NY

#117 Dec 5, 2012
Student at dolgeville wrote:
He was teaching college now, government, and psychology. He teaches more classes that many other teachers. Plus being DA which is another full time job in itself. He started the track program in Dolgeville and has influenced countless number of kids. He's a good man and was even my sponsor for confirmation in church last year. I have the utmost respect for mr. Connolly and so do many other students
None of which are full year classes and no that is not more than most other teachers. Also at many schools the AD teaches full time and does the job of AD. I'm glad you like and respect him but don't make it sound like he was the glue that kept the school together. Far from it.
The Joy of a small town

New York, NY

#118 Dec 5, 2012
I am a tax paying resident of Dolgeville, and from the 116 posts, am embarrassed of my residency. This village is a modern version of a lynch mob. NO ONE in this village is of any position to throw such hate and gossip around. I guarantee all of the posters, including myself; have made a wrong decision or two in their lifetime. I'm sure your indiscretions have embarrassed your family, threatened your "reputation", or cost you financially in some aspect. To make 116 (now 117) comments about a man, some reflect respect, some posts are clear jealousy, and others pure hatred, reflect on all of our character. I would love to write a book about our Peyton Place "Dolgeville. You know the place where there is a "key club", wife’s sleep with students and husbands are no different, everyone is in someone’s pocket, I could go on and on. My point is when one of your names mysteriously ends up on this site, and you're judged by a bunch of nameless posters, remember karma is a bitch
Student Athelete #2

Syracuse, NY

#119 Dec 5, 2012
Student athlete wrote:
I can honestly say I've never seen Connolly doing anything that seems inappropriate or suspicious. And I'm a current student at the high school. Like any normal person, he's gotten mad and yelled at us in practice when kids are fooling around but I'd hardly say he's a bad person. I can say he truly cares about his students and players. I know of times where he's taken kids to look at colleges like Morrisville because he encourages kids to attend college. But at the same time he recognizes that not everyone is cut out for college. One day during a team meeting he told us that he has just as much respect for the cashier at McDonald's as the lawyer from Harvard. He's a good man that's made some mistakes in his life and I can truly say the team will be devastated next year if we can't have him as coach.
Agreed (:
Same thing

Brooklyn, NY

#120 Dec 5, 2012
The Joy of a small town wrote:
I am a tax paying resident of Dolgeville, and from the 116 posts, am embarrassed of my residency. This village is a modern version of a lynch mob. NO ONE in this village is of any position to throw such hate and gossip around. I guarantee all of the posters, including myself; have made a wrong decision or two in their lifetime. I'm sure your indiscretions have embarrassed your family, threatened your "reputation", or cost you financially in some aspect. To make 116 (now 117) comments about a man, some reflect respect, some posts are clear jealousy, and others pure hatred, reflect on all of our character. I would love to write a book about our Peyton Place "Dolgeville. You know the place where there is a "key club", wife’s sleep with students and husbands are no different, everyone is in someone’s pocket, I could go on and on. My point is when one of your names mysteriously ends up on this site, and you're judged by a bunch of nameless posters, remember karma is a bitch
I really don't see the difference between the bad judgement you showed in reffering to what people in town have done, when everyone knows who you are referring to, and what heh people here have done.
Parent

United States

#121 Dec 6, 2012
I realize that all people have made bad choices in their lives and I have too...I choose to not be a role model and be responsible for molding young lives of other people's children. That's where the difference is here. I have heard that these certifications were "only safety" REALLY??? These are our children that we are talking about, playing dangerous sports and this man was responsible for them!
Held Accountable

Ithaca, NY

#122 Dec 6, 2012
I think a lot of the parents are a little too quick to hold other people accountable for their children when they are not even accountable themselves. I'm sorry, but coaching certifications are not going to change the nature of "dangerous sports" and how they are played by the athletes. These certifications are another way for the State to make more money, period. I think the state should mandate certification courses for people to take before they become parents. One of the sections of that course should be, "don't allow your child to participate in underage drinking after they play a dangerous sport" Hypocrites, get your shit together!
caring parent

Syracuse, NY

#123 Dec 6, 2012
Held Accountable wrote:
I think a lot of the parents are a little too quick to hold other people accountable for their children when they are not even accountable themselves. I'm sorry, but coaching certifications are not going to change the nature of "dangerous sports" and how they are played by the athletes. These certifications are another way for the State to make more money, period. I think the state should mandate certification courses for people to take before they become parents. One of the sections of that course should be, "don't allow your child to participate in underage drinking after they play a dangerous sport" Hypocrites, get your shit together!
Unfortunately, DCS needs the state aid they are always requesting and Chris jeopardized that..........HIS ONLY CRIME. As for putting the student athletes at risk....anyone whose every participated in a DCS sport, be it player,spectator,or parent, knows about the back road and sand pit parties after games, so don't make Chris out to be evil because he's not. As for "Parent Certification", love that idea....we could go on and on and on and point fingers all over the place with why that subject.
Parent

United States

#124 Dec 6, 2012
Held Accountable wrote:
I have no idea how you twisted this around to be the parents fault. When children are in school or at an extra-curricular activity they are the responsibility of the school. The safety courses are the school's constant reminder that they have to be prepared if there is an accident. It is a REQUIREMENT not an option. I believe that they are important for someone responsible for my child. I have to take them where I work, too, and I don't downplay these courses as something "silly" because I deal with the public, too.
Held Accountable

Ithaca, NY

#125 Dec 6, 2012
Your right, this thread is solely intended for the bashing of one man who is single handedly destroying this little piece of Heaven known as Dolgeville Central School. I am ashamed for voicing my opinion about the lack of parenting in today's youth. I'm sure that as soon as Mr. Connolly is expelled from DCS, things can get back to normal...
Dolgeville ole timer

United States

#126 Dec 6, 2012
Held Accountable wrote:
Your right, this thread is solely intended for the bashing of one man who is single handedly destroying this little piece of Heaven known as Dolgeville Central School. I am ashamed for voicing my opinion about the lack of parenting in today's youth. I'm sure that as soon as Mr. Connolly is expelled from DCS, things can get back to normal...
Actually I created this thread so I could hear information on the coach. Not to bash him. But I should have known better with all you scumbags on here that want to degrade him instead of respecting him.
Held Accountable

Ithaca, NY

#127 Dec 7, 2012
My last post was actually sarcasm towards the "Parent" in posts 121 and 124. Obviously you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend that. Also I have done nothing but stand up for Connolly. If you think the best way to hear information about someone is on topix, then I'm sorry my friend but you are the scumbag. If you'd like to know facts stop down to Ole Sals and ask Chris yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blondie part 3 4 min Divorce 20
Dave Gevry 3 hr Too Bad So Sad 33
Rich Williams II Tue Scotty beachwood 12
what a joke Mon What 2
Arrests of Kyle Hart and Kyle Lynch today 2/12/... (Mar '15) Mon Amish Andy 19
Ashley T. and Tommy Hyla (Jun '17) Feb 18 Lem 14
Who Will Be The Next Superintendent Feb 16 Leather Helmet 15

Dolgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance