Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

hummmmm wrote:
So everyone can get it right henceforth- Connolly
the way it will be spelled when this all comes out in the newpapers and TV!
What is to come out?It can't be that bad if nothing is being announced.If he is such a threat why would you let him roam the streets?All gossip
the REAL truth

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

A few years ago, new guidlines for paid and unpaid coaches were mandated by New York State. These guidlines implemented multiple certifications that current and new coaches would need to obtain in order to qualify to be a coach of any sport at any level. These certificate courses were developed to make sure the teachers, parents and/or adults coaching high school students are qualified and prepared to coach these children. The courses are not optional. Mr./Coach Connolly as the Athletic Director was responsible for making sure the coaching staff was in-line with these guidelines. He unfortunately did not adhere to these guidelines and ultimately must face the consequences for his actions.
Strange

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

If that were the case, why would he also be losing his teaching position?
ABC

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Who cares. What kid fom that football team ever went pro or even got a scharship to a D1 school. Worry about the kids education, which is something that might actually help them later in life. Everybody wants to relive their glory days through their kids.
townie

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The football addiction that this town has is out of control. I agree with ABC, focus on education, this little football team does OK at best. You'll never see any of them go on to college or pro. Face it we are big fish in a little puddle of mud. PEOPLE get over it, It's just a game that cost way to much money to run.
Herbert Hoover

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Yes, that may be the responsiblity of the Board of Education, BUT, that is why the Board appoints and delegates those responsiblities to those that they believe are qualified to do the job properly. Now, the last time I checked, the Board of Education members are NOT day to day emloyees of the school district thus not in constant contact with those that have been given those duties to perform. Does the word TRUST come to mind. If the duties that were assigned were not completed properly and this information comes back to the Board then they must act accordingly. I am sure that the situation will be addressed when they meet to determine the PROPER course of action that is both fair and right. Time will tell!
DCS Graduate

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

"Herbert Hoover" Although I agree with your statement above, I still raise the question as to why this was not taken care of in-house? You would think that if the Board of Education was ultimately responsible for monitoring such activities that they would've addressed this within the school district without weighing such a harsh punishment on one individual. There appears to be more people involved in this other than Mr. Connolly, however he is the only one taking all the punches. Maybe the School Board and Administration should be under evaluation as well. Start at the top, not in the middle.
really

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

well said
Dolgvlle emplyee

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

What ever is going on I hope Chris fairs well. Everybody has their faults, includig all of you. I hope Chris's years of service and commitment to the students of Dolgeville School does not go unnoticed.
supporter

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Chris Connolly is a great guy, and the kids truly like and respect him. You people should stop spreading rumors and let the district look into this.
Fit Tony

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Is anyone in the DCS administration asking which coaches did not complete the required coaching courses? The classes are mostly a waste of time but CPR and First Aid are important.
Donna DeLucco

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I didn't think the coaching classes were a waste of time.....found them very interesting; focused on ethics and health, mostly
really

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

i think that the state will be making the call on this one,not the school
concerned citizen

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

What's unfortunate is "the state" doesn't really know Chris as a person and I hope whomever opened this rotten can of worms, has a hard time looking at themselves.
puking

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

i guess you havent been around the school for the last few years. ask any kid or any faculity member and they will be telling little fibs if they didnt see his actions. it doesnt really matter. if he has done nothing wrong , then he really doesnt have anything to worry about now does he. oh!! the school district are very aware of his actions, lets just say! what happens in d-ville stays in d-ville/ its kinda like vegas. hmmmmmm
Student athlete

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

I can honestly say I've never seen Connolly doing anything that seems inappropriate or suspicious. And I'm a current student at the high school. Like any normal person, he's gotten mad and yelled at us in practice when kids are fooling around but I'd hardly say he's a bad person. I can say he truly cares about his students and players. I know of times where he's taken kids to look at colleges like Morrisville because he encourages kids to attend college. But at the same time he recognizes that not everyone is cut out for college. One day during a team meeting he told us that he has just as much respect for the cashier at McDonald's as the lawyer from Harvard. He's a good man that's made some mistakes in his life and I can truly say the team will be devastated next year if we can't have him as coach.
Student athlete

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Instead of bashing the good man on mistakes, why don't we discuss the whole point of this topic: What's going on with the situation? Hud has been named AD and the coaches had a long meeting the other night.
Uncle Wiggley

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

The remaining coaches realize it is time to move on without Coach Connolly. The program continues on and won't skip beat no matter who is the head coach and assistants, remember, Dolgeville and the word football are synonymous and always will be!
New day

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I guess all the previous posters should just let this end here and now. The issue is dead, Connolly is done and that is that, time to move on to another subject. What is done is done, time for a new beginning without Christopher Connolly.
chris

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

An old Irish proverb
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Dolgeville Forum right now

Search the Dolgeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
cheating men 2 min say what 35
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 2 hr It is true 18
Dolgeville Cops 2 hr emergency service person 49
Scott Bilger 4 hr get your story straight 16
Redneck (C-ANEL) Days 4 hr LFerforLife 3
Valley Liquor putting liquor shops out of busin... 5 hr Malcolm Mac Wallace 7
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 14 hr cornholio 437
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dolgeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dolgeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••