Roger Ashmore

Hume, IL

#1 Oct 30, 2009
Looking for a photo of Gideon Ashmore who lived in Arena,Wis.from 1848 to 1892.He was a business man.In 1848 he hid slaves from the slave owner in Oakland,Il.Abe Lncoln represented the slave owner in the trial which makes this the only trial in history that he did.Gideon won the case(Matson Slave Trial)Then moved to Wis.Their has been a play written about it plus a big 2 day event.It has been recorded in many books.Would their be maybe a picture of him in an old Dodgeville newspaper
Any help would be appreciated.
Roger Ashmore
tama70808-yahoo- com

Baton Rouge, LA

#2 Dec 17, 2011
Roger Ashmore wrote:
Looking for a photo of Gideon Ashmore who lived in Arena,Wis.from 1848 to 1892.He was a business man.In 1848 he hid slaves from the slave owner in Oakland,Il.Abe Lncoln represented the slave owner in the trial which makes this the only trial in history that he did.Gideon won the case(Matson Slave Trial)Then moved to Wis.Their has been a play written about it plus a big 2 day event.It has been recorded in many books.Would their be maybe a picture of him in an old Dodgeville newspaper
Any help would be appreciated.
Roger Ashmore
I would sure like to see the photo you get as Gideon Ashmore is my relative through his daughters marriage to my great great grandfather. Please let me know if you find one!
James Ashmore

Olalla, WA

#3 Feb 20, 2012
Did anyone ever come up with a pic of Gideon Ashmore?
I am his great great grandson.
Roger Ashnore

Ashburn, VA

#4 Sep 7, 2012
James Ashmore wrote:
Did anyone ever come up with a pic of Gideon Ashmore?
I am his great great grandson.
my e-mail is [email protected]
Roger Ashnore

Ashburn, VA

#5 Sep 7, 2012
Still looking for a picture of Gideon Ashmore check out www.matsontrial.org from Oakland,il

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote (Apr '16) Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Dodgeville, WI (Jan '12) May '15 Anon 3
Review: Bigler Cleaning Services (Jan '15) Jan '15 Dave 1
News Report: Docs often escape punishment for medica... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jeremy Engdahl-Jo... 1
Debate: Romney-Ryan - Dodgeville, WI (Sep '12) Sep '12 Joseph l 1
News Clothing costs zip higher (Sep '11) Sep '11 carol marchesani 1

Dodgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dodgeville Mortgages