Child Health Concern

Dodgeville, WI

#1 Mar 20, 2013
It is now officially Spring, which has caused me to feel strongly about bringing up a topic of concern I have for children’s safety in our community, when all the chemical lawn care companies start spraying. When my family and I first moved to Barneveld I was pregnant with our second child, we were excited to live in a neighborhood with so many children for our little ones to play with. The last month of my pregnancy I decided to stay home, that is when I noticed the regular frequency of lawn care companies spraying. Even being from a larger city, I never remember seeing spraying at so many houses and at such a high frequency. After this I decided to start researching my concerns. Not wanting to believe a lot of what I was reading I decided to call TruGreen and ask them some questions, especially how much I should be avoiding the areas after they spray considering my “condition.” The gentleman I talked to was nice and informed me that I should have all windows closed when they spray, even the neighbor’s yards, and not to go outside for at least three hours afterward. Not long after this, I saw one lawn care company spraying around the same time children were coming home from school. If anything I hope bringing up this topic will bring about awareness, so that parents can make educated decisions about there lawn care. I found the report below, even if only true in part, very interesting and to be a pretty good compilation of all I have read concerning this issue.

The following report on lawn pesticides was written by Nathan Diegelman of the S.T.A.T.E Foundation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WKOW Idol auditions Oct '17 Risa Raymond 1
Review: Classic Quality Painting (Aug '09) Jul '17 Classic Quality 2
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote (Apr '16) Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Dodgeville, WI (Jan '12) May '15 Anon 3
Review: Bigler Cleaning Services (Jan '15) Jan '15 Dave 1
News Report: Docs often escape punishment for medica... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jeremy Engdahl-Jo... 1

Dodgeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Dodgeville Mortgages