School board selects Hall

Apr 12, 2011 Full story: Salina Journal 14

Call him "Bill" and expect a leader who really cares about kids. Folks in Ulysses were a bit saddened Monday to learn that the man who has led their public schools for 11 years - Superintendent William Hall - was the Salina School Board's choice to replace Rob Winter as superintendent of the Salina School District.

Full Story
Elmer Fudd

Ulysses, KS

#1 Apr 12, 2011
I'm confused...who's sad about Bill Hall leaving?
just me

United States

#2 Apr 13, 2011
Nomore snow days for salina schools! Now theyre gonna have to go to school whether they want to or not!
quote

Hugoton, KS

#3 Apr 13, 2011
“We’ve been fortunate to live (in Ulysses) 16 years. At the same time, I feel blessed moving from a good district into a great district,” Hall said.“Both my wife and I are extremely excited about this.”

Could we only have been a "good" district because of him??????
Whoa

Ulysses, KS

#4 Apr 13, 2011
quote wrote:
“We’ve been fortunate to live (in Ulysses) 16 years. At the same time, I feel blessed moving from a good district into a great district,” Hall said.“Both my wife and I are extremely excited about this.”
Could we only have been a "good" district because of him??????
Yeah its like if we weren't good enough but now we will get snow days too but I hope a "great" superintendent will take his place.
The Border Bandito

Ulysses, KS

#5 Apr 13, 2011
From what I understand, Bill Hall has done a great job financially in the district. We are in better shape than many because his over sight in that area. I think he will do very well in a larger district where the business side of schools is a much larger part of the job. I think that Rodger Hilton would be a great choice as a replacement.
Yes

Ulysses, KS

#6 Apr 14, 2011
The Border Bandito wrote:
From what I understand, Bill Hall has done a great job financially in the district. We are in better shape than many because his over sight in that area. I think he will do very well in a larger district where the business side of schools is a much larger part of the job. I think that Rodger Hilton would be a great choice as a replacement.
Yeah he would be a good choice I would definitely vote for him.
Kevin Burr

Anchorage, AK

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Salina made a poor choice in hiring Bill Hall. He along with his family are quite dysfunctional. You need to do a better job vetting your candidates and their families. He won't survive! Good luck.
mrs doubtfire

Ulysses, KS

#8 Apr 15, 2011
Kevin Burr wrote:
Salina made a poor choice in hiring Bill Hall. He along with his family are quite dysfunctional. You need to do a better job vetting your candidates and their families. He won't survive! Good luck.
you mean like ulysses did right?
Kevin Burr

Anchorage, AK

#9 Apr 15, 2011
Ulysses is still suffering from Hall's lack of leadership.
Ozling In Kansas

Ulysses, KS

#10 Apr 15, 2011
Isn't this the town whose parents lead the board and the board leads the superintendent? Do the principals hire the teachers here or just recommend the ones they want to the board? If so this might be the time to consider someone who is looking from elsewhere.
jstsayn

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2011
i think they should chose someone from elsewhere too we all know how ulysses people can be!?!?!
george

Hugoton, KS

#12 Apr 18, 2011
jstsayn wrote:
i think they should chose someone from elsewhere too we all know how ulysses people can be!?!?!
also know how hall was stupidass
happy in southwest kansas

Satanta, KS

#13 Apr 21, 2011
Kevin Burr wrote:
Salina made a poor choice in hiring Bill Hall. He along with his family are quite dysfunctional. You need to do a better job vetting your candidates and their families. He won't survive! Good luck.
Yea, he probably has his downside...but you weren't exactly a ball of fire yourself? Lets see.....you've gone around the circuit yourself, ridden a bad horse and put it away wet!!!!! I don't think Garden City would elect you their favorite son....so, when you live in a glass house I wouldn't throw too many rocks.
The Border Bandito

Ulysses, KS

#14 Apr 22, 2011
happy in southwest kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, he probably has his downside...but you weren't exactly a ball of fire yourself? Lets see.....you've gone around the circuit yourself, ridden a bad horse and put it away wet!!!!! I don't think Garden City would elect you their favorite son....so, when you live in a glass house I wouldn't throw too many rocks.
I doubt very seriously if this is actually Kevin Burr posting. He was a high school classmate of Bill Hall. And, I just can't him posting that here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Mon GOTP 251
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Mon The Kangaroo 6,015
Gangs In Dodge City (Apr '07) Sep 9 myfas13 247
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Sep 8 Helms-persecuted ... 321
Looking For Jerald Peplinski Sep 8 jpollei 1
C&S Medical Aug '14 Maria Dodge City 1
rod bradshaw (Nov '11) Jul '14 just a girl 3

Dodge City Jobs

Dodge City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dodge City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dodge City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]