Baker Park Lake monster?

Baker Park Lake monster?

Posted in the Dixon Forum

Neighbor

Owensboro, KY

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Well..maybe not a true monster...but still. A mom and sons were walking the Baker Park walk Fri when all 3 saw what at 1st thought was a big turtle raise his head at the east end of the lake. As they walked closer they were surprised to see it was a huge fin! The water was moved as this giant "whatever" made way through the water. When a stick was thrown near it submerged for a bit and then reappeared shortly. Has anyone else seen anything odd in the lake?
sink or swim

Whiting, IN

#2 Aug 11, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Well..maybe not a true monster...but still. A mom and sons were walking the Baker Park walk Fri when all 3 saw what at 1st thought was a big turtle raise his head at the east end of the lake. As they walked closer they were surprised to see it was a huge fin! The water was moved as this giant "whatever" made way through the water. When a stick was thrown near it submerged for a bit and then reappeared shortly. Has anyone else seen anything odd in the lake?
It's a grass carp I have caught one out of there weighed about 70 pounds several of them in there
Marie

Princeton, KY

#3 Aug 11, 2012
sink or swim wrote:
<quoted text>It's a grass carp I have caught one out of there weighed about 70 pounds several of them in there
70 lbs?! Dang!!
Concerned Alumnus

Whitesville, KY

#4 Aug 12, 2012
Several VERY LARGE grass carp living in there. They lie real still near waters edge and sometimes unintentionally scare unsuspecting passer byers. But they aren't harmful, no big deal.
Toxic

Owensboro, KY

#5 Aug 13, 2012
Yes they are in there I have seen them too those things are big
Neighbor

Owensboro, KY

#6 Aug 14, 2012
Thanks so much for all the information. The younger of the 2 boys was convinced it was a shark... : )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Up-Date 16 min Yours 1
Black jeep pink trouble 4 hr Kristina Figueroa 26
keeli duncan (Jan '14) 5 hr what 8
new restaurant 5 hr what 6
April Campbell "dailey" and sister 7 hr lmao 3
you called me 7 hr on tha side 3
info needed 9 hr big man 24
More from around the web

Dixon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE