book worm

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

I want to do a book on the crosses we see each day, going to work or shoping. I need the names, places and the story of the people the cross or marker represents along with a picture of the marker. This is my way of giving honor to them and the life they lead. I am hoping to work with the Kentucky Dept. of Safety to publish this book.

please let me know if you want to be a part of this project and I will give you a address to send the information and picture. Lets all remember them.

thanks,
saywhat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

book worm wrote:
I want to do a book on the crosses we see each day, going to work or shoping. I need the names, places and the story of the people the cross or marker represents along with a picture of the marker. This is my way of giving honor to them and the life they lead. I am hoping to work with the Kentucky Dept. of Safety to publish this book.
please let me know if you want to be a part of this project and I will give you a address to send the information and picture. Lets all remember them.
thanks,
Bookworm, Whoever you are, you've won my respect. This is a great idea and I wish I had info about the crosses for you. Good luck.
book worm

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

thank you, I am just someone who has a few crosses myself. I can only hope and trust God that I do this job with respect to everyone that matters.

thank you,
debbie
book worm

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

if you want to share your story please email me at shareyourstory1@yahoo.com

Please help me also with prayers
saywhat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

book worm wrote:
if you want to share your story please email me at shareyourstory1@yahoo.com
Please help me also with prayers
There is no shareyourstory1@yahoo.com. I guess the jokes on me, huh? I'm outta here:(
book worm

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

you need to try it again, because its there, I just checked it.
Sorry for any trouble it may have caused you.
saywhat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2009

no problem

“Winner Winner Chicken Dinner”

Since: Aug 08

Providence

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

the cross on the right hand side of the levie comin out of Providence an into nebo is for Jason Ware.

The one on the right hand side of 132 comin from dixon to sebree is for john dunn
book worm

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

thanks, for the help.
hmmm

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

The cross that is located on the levee on highway 41-A right outside of Providence. Young folks need to look at that cross and ask questions concerning why it is there.
Jason was too caught up in living a high n mighty playboy lifestyle and he had been warned numerous times that he was living too fast and need to slow down unless something bad would happen to him. He didnt listen and now there is a cross on the side of the road with his name on it and also cold hard tomb stone in a cemetary with his name on it.
Hometown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

hmmm wrote:
The cross that is located on the levee on highway 41-A right outside of Providence. Young folks need to look at that cross and ask questions concerning why it is there.
Jason was too caught up in living a high n mighty playboy lifestyle and he had been warned numerous times that he was living too fast and need to slow down unless something bad would happen to him. He didnt listen and now there is a cross on the side of the road with his name on it and also cold hard tomb stone in a cemetary with his name on it.
What does that have to do with this person wanting information to write a book in memoriam of the people killed in this area? People drive recklessly everyday, including myself at times, but that doesn't make me think that any of them deserves to die in a horrible crash! And his parents didn't deserve to have to go through any of that either! Keep your ignorant comments about the people who have died due to terrible accidents to yourself. I don't think this person was asking for your negative opinions of how they were asking for it. Ignorance abounds on these forums, it is truly mind boggling.
Queenbee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

In Florida it has become a big nuisance to have crosses and flowers on the county right of way. It is illegal to do that on someone's property (county) They have stopped it..Now the mowers can continue cutting grass, and it's not a distraction to motorists. Crosses and names belong in a cemetery, that is DIGNITY, not on the side of a road.
Hometown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

People do this to memorialize their deceased loved ones. I really don't see how doing this is undignified. I can however agree that this must be a pain to county work crews trying to mow. I don't know if that has ever been an issue here.
hunter

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

I think the crosses are ok but the people who place them there should do the upkeep so many feet around them like outside of diamond these people do a great job
info

Morganfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

The cross on Hwy 60 northbound at the underpass just past the feedmill is in memory of Emily Harpole she passed early on the 5th of July 2002.
Dixon Citizen

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

The cross out of Dixon,just before Hwy 56. Is Tarin Flynn Akins. She passed away at that spot Dec. 31 2000. She had only been married to my son for 2 mts. We miss her is why a cross is there.
Andrew

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

I have a uncle George Poole that past away several years ago going from dixon to sebree it's on the left. You can ask anybody from Poole Dixon sebree or Ortiz about him. It's rite where 138 meet 232
ivegotone

Kenner, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

U still doin this bookworm?
Red_Fury42420

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

info wrote:
The cross on Hwy 60 northbound at the underpass just past the feedmill is in memory of Emily Harpole she passed early on the 5th of July 2002.
Emily was one of my best friends she was the greatest person and I miss her very much she will always be in my heart

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixon Discussions

Search the Dixon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 min i be dat nikka 81,567
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Limbertwig 146,157
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 27 min Amen 16,115
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 30 min Teacher 1,012
Brittany Harting 8 hr Id Tap That 9
Billy Neal (Oct '10) 9 hr tracy 5
Jeremy Blake 12 hr Blake 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••