Webster Co Schools
Think

Morganfield, KY

#141 Jul 5, 2012
whats up wrote:
lets shut slaughters down cuz they have the best test scores in the county way to go teachers and kids see what u get for hard work a shut down school
Yes Slaughters has a great school. The high test scores show what the teachers and students have completed. However there are schools in the county that have 33 students in a class and Slaughters only had like 17. That has a major effect on test scores. That school was over staffed and the county was pouring in money to that school that should be used in the county. Im glad to see Slaughters go and I see the county strengths now.
Think

Morganfield, KY

#142 Jul 5, 2012
NLB wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder if complaints can be made against aides who work in the schools at this site.
Why wont you take your complaint to the school first. One thing that burns me is that people who complain and wont speak up to the school. And to add insult to injury the complaint is usually over the top and the story is half told.
KEA

Dunmor, KY

#143 Jul 5, 2012
Think wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Slaughters has a great school. The high test scores show what the teachers and students have completed. However there are schools in the county that have 33 students in a class and Slaughters only had like 17. That has a major effect on test scores. That school was over staffed and the county was pouring in money to that school that should be used in the county. Im glad to see Slaughters go and I see the county strengths now.
Seriously, is that what you think, Think? You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about! The student/teacher ratio at Slaughters was pretty much equivalent to that of the other county schools. Slaughters also worked with less resources than any other county school so before you bother posting you might need to get your facts straight. As far as Slaughters closing being a positive for the county we will see about that in the next few years. Oh yeah, and pouring resources into Slaughters- are you kidding me! That's the main reason they decided to close that school- because it had been NEGLECTED for years! So get it right or SHUT UP!
Rusty

Nortonville, KY

#144 Jul 6, 2012
KEA wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, is that what you think, Think? You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about! The student/teacher ratio at Slaughters was pretty much equivalent to that of the other county schools. Slaughters also worked with less resources than any other county school so before you bother posting you might need to get your facts straight. As far as Slaughters closing being a positive for the county we will see about that in the next few years. Oh yeah, and pouring resources into Slaughters- are you kidding me! That's the main reason they decided to close that school- because it had been NEGLECTED for years! So get it right or SHUT UP!
Whoaa... Less resources? I read in the paper where a Slaughters teacher was worried about the classroom she was going to didn't have a whiteboard but they were going to get to take theirs with them into a school where other teachers didn't have them. That right there shows me that they did have resources that other schools didn't. And the teacher/student ratio was not even comparable in some of the classrooms. 12/1 in one class opposed to 24/1 in a sister school.
Lisa

Centertown, KY

#145 Jul 7, 2012
When do Webster county high students get their schedules for 2012-2013 year?
Vixen

Birdseye, IN

#146 Jul 10, 2012
When they go back to school are when open house is and they get school supply list the day they go back to school for high school than you have a week or two to get them
Sebree Chic

Cadiz, KY

#147 Jul 11, 2012
July 23, 24, 25, 26. If you have more than one kid in high school you can take them both the same day. Good luck.
Leaving

United States

#148 Oct 25, 2012
They closed my child's school down, they had no plan. Now they are going to put him and 300 more kids down a hallway that has been condemned for the past several years with no plan. Just throw them in there and let it all work out. Great plan WC. I'm leaving. I'm going to another district. I'm looking for houses. I can't do this to my child. I don't care if he goes 4 or 5 days a week - I just want him to get a proper education and I seriously doubt that is going to happen with current plans. I am staying until after elections. I can't wait to vote against a currently setting webster county board member.
Leaving

United States

#149 Oct 25, 2012
Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wont you take your complaint to the school first. One thing that burns me is that people who complain and wont speak up to the school. And to add insult to injury the complaint is usually over the top and the story is half told.
We did. They closed discussion and voted to close the school. End of discussion.
BTW

Frankfort, KY

#150 Oct 26, 2012
State Auditor Adam Edelen is currently auditing schools systems and is uncovering some interesting things in other school districts.

http://auditor.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx

These audits result from complaints by parents. I can't help but wonder if the WC School system was audited, what would be found?
Noah Webster

Chicago, IL

#151 Oct 28, 2012
Leaving wrote:
They closed my child's school down, they had no plan. Now they are going to put him and 300 more kids down a hallway that has been condemned for the past several years with no plan. Just throw them in there and let it all work out. Great plan WC. I'm leaving. I'm going to another district. I'm looking for houses. I can't do this to my child. I don't care if he goes 4 or 5 days a week - I just want him to get a proper education and I seriously doubt that is going to happen with current plans. I am staying until after elections. I can't wait to vote against a currently setting webster county board member.
Just putting 2 and 2 together here, you'll have to wait around another 2 years for the election that will vote out the Slaughters board member. It's the teachers that make difference in our kids lives, not the walls they're surrounded by. I have faith in the teachers who will be teaching our kids.
Axl

Hayward, CA

#153 Nov 3, 2012
I heard several parents are looking to move their kids to Union County. I wonder if they have seen last years test scores that just came out. Even though WC declined like most schools in the state, they kicked Union Co's butts!! Just saying make sure you're switching for the right reasons.
wondering
#154 Jan 11, 2013
i was wondering what school in webster county suits a child with behavioral needs and why dosent ur elementary school have ebd unit for kids so they can get the one on one help...it seems like u would have one of these in ur school system for elementary...so it will help them before they get in high school...and how well dose the teacher work with them and do they label kids
#farfromperfect

Hopkinsville, KY

#155 Jan 13, 2013
I cAnt imagine there not being an ebd unit. That would mean kids r n the classroom disrupting others and not being productive for themselves either. Isn't it law to have ebd in each school? If not it should be.
Glass House

United States

#156 Jan 21, 2013
wondering wrote:
i was wondering what school in webster county suits a child with behavioral needs and why dosent ur elementary school have ebd unit for kids so they can get the one on one help...it seems like u would have one of these in ur school system for elementary...so it will help them before they get in high school...and how well dose the teacher work with them and do they label kids
The behaviour problem should be addressed at home. The parents didn't want anyone hitting little Johnny for being bad so they complained until the government made a law that the school could not touch him/her. Then they made a law to where the parents are not supposed to touch little Johnny. Now the parents can't make little Johnny mind and they send them to school for the teachers to deal with. We don't pay our teachers to discipline your kids. If the government wants to dictate how our kids are being raised then they need to take them and deal with them. Medication has took the place of the paddle. There is more money to be made there. They closed Slaughters and threw all those students in with the already enlarged classrooms so now that is more burden for the teachers. Why wasn't Slaughters maintaind? It would have been a lot cheaper than building a new building. We have a school superintendant making almost $100,000 a year and is wanting a raise. Something is very wrong with this picture. Where is our School taxes really being spent?
Sickofwc

Fishers, IN

#157 Apr 11, 2013
I hate the high school not and some of the teachers just try and get u in trouble
attic doll

Sacramento, KY

#158 Apr 11, 2013
Glass House wrote:
<quoted text>
The behaviour problem should be addressed at home. The parents didn't want anyone hitting little Johnny for being bad so they complained until the government made a law that the school could not touch him/her. Then they made a law to where the parents are not supposed to touch little Johnny. Now the parents can't make little Johnny mind and they send them to school for the teachers to deal with. We don't pay our teachers to discipline your kids. If the government wants to dictate how our kids are being raised then they need to take them and deal with them. Medication has took the place of the paddle. There is more money to be made there. They closed Slaughters and threw all those students in with the already enlarged classrooms so now that is more burden for the teachers. Why wasn't Slaughters maintaind? It would have been a lot cheaper than building a new building. We have a school superintendant making almost $100,000 a year and is wanting a raise. Something is very wrong with this picture. Where is our School taxes really being spent?
my thoughts exactly. as for the superintendent...he makes way too much money for such a small county. if given the chance, i'd do it for $40,000.00 a year...and for starters, i'd have more control over the schools and the treatment of the students than the school board has. i would make quite a few changes with the complete school system...teachers, students, and bus drivers.
Irish

Indianapolis, IN

#159 Apr 12, 2013
attic doll wrote:
<quoted text>
my thoughts exactly. as for the superintendent...he makes way too much money for such a small county. if given the chance, i'd do it for $40,000.00 a year...and for starters, i'd have more control over the schools and the treatment of the students than the school board has. i would make quite a few changes with the complete school system...teachers, students, and bus drivers.
Wake up Dorothy...IF you were qualified for the super's job you would already be making more than $40k at whatever it is you do now. I seriously doubt you are qualified though, or else you would know that half of the things you mentioned would be out of your control.
attic doll

Sacramento, KY

#160 Apr 12, 2013
i never liked irish coffee...it tends to make one mouth off with no validity. switch to sanka, toots.
Irish

Indianapolis, IN

#161 Apr 12, 2013
attic doll wrote:
i never liked irish coffee...it tends to make one mouth off with no validity. switch to sanka, toots.
No validity??? Opposed to your meaningless rambling post !?!? Yeah, ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Are Jurors Picked? 1 hr curious 1
Kevin and LaDonna at it again!!! (Feb '17) 6 hr Dipp 21
Matt Sutton (Dec '12) 9 hr Sebree what 9
Who in Sebree gives B.J's for gasoline. 13 hr wally 15
My girl K.D is single again 14 hr Buck 1
News Adam O'Nan talks being appointed Union Co. Judg... 16 hr Voter 6
new police cheif (Jun '09) 21 hr Looking 59

Dixon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance