Webster Co Schools
Hate the change

Elkton, KY

#121 May 30, 2012
Never happy wrote:
<quoted text> And this is Providence's fault how?? It seems to me that Clay may not have worked out so well for her either then? Sounds like a change needed to happen. I noticed you was posting last night during the time of the board meeting. Why didn't you go to voice your concerns there?
No I'm not saying it's Providence fault. I'm just saying now these kids that was bullying is attending Providence now . And I don't want to have to deal with it this year. This is a sick child that their bullying and she does not need this stuff. I care more for her health then having to put her through this. One big punch to this child could cause alot of health problems. I will not go in details on here.
moosehead

Morganfield, KY

#122 May 30, 2012
Hate the change wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not saying it's Providence fault. I'm just saying now these kids that was bullying is attending Providence now . And I don't want to have to deal with it this year. This is a sick child that their bullying and she does not need this stuff. I care more for her health then having to put her through this. One big punch to this child could cause alot of health problems. I will not go in details on here.
maybe you could talk to the parents of the bullies. if that doesn't work, take the bullies and their parents to court.
Never happy

United States

#123 May 30, 2012
moosehead wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you could talk to the parents of the bullies. if that doesn't work, take the bullies and their parents to court.
I would agree with talking to the parents. One of my niece's told me one time that my daughter and her friends were mean to a little girl and she had gone home upset many days. The mother had called the teacher but nothing was done. I only found out because the mother was bad mouthing me because of it but I had no idea why at they point. Once I found out what my own daughter & her friends were doing lit into her and gave her a bullying she'll never forget. Now this little girl comes to the house to stay the night. Her mother & I have talked and she has told me if she ever has any more issues with my or any other daughter she will go to the parents. I do realize however that many parents will deny their children do any wrong. These parents are hurting their kids more than they are helping. Good luck with your daughter.
tired of hearing about it

Henderson, KY

#124 May 30, 2012
Home schooling is an option for all parents. But all parents are not able to teach. When your mad at the boe and you want to home school your child that's wrong. Providence is turning into a great school. They have people that really care there. It will still be one of the smaller schools so kids will have that smaller class size. My kids are grown now but if they wasn't I would want my kids going to a school like that.
well

Morganfield, KY

#125 May 30, 2012
tired of hearing about it wrote:
Home schooling is an option for all parents. But all parents are not able to teach. When your mad at the boe and you want to home school your child that's wrong. Providence is turning into a great school. They have people that really care there. It will still be one of the smaller schools so kids will have that smaller class size. My kids are grown now but if they wasn't I would want my kids going to a school like that.
If you were referring to me, I'm not "mad" at the B.O.E, but when a child tests far above the rest of the class and gets bored and you as a parent ask the teachers to give extra work to challenge the mind and they don't, I do not feel that benefits a child at all. At least homeschool gives the option to do standard work, and also incorporate more challenging work into her curriculum. If she is in a public school, I could only challenge her mind after school and take away from her time to enjoy her childhood playtime. Whereas if she were to be home schooled she could excel during "school time" and still enjoy playing after school time like other children.
well

Morganfield, KY

#126 May 30, 2012
I honestly think there will be several parents considering home school. If you dowse that decision, just remember... The education of the child is most important. I for one VERY excited about the new adventures and challenges to come. Hopefully if there are several that choose this path a few home school groups (I.e. k-4,5-8,) will be formed for the children to all take educational trips as a group, as well as other group activities to enhance the possibilities of home schooling!!!
well

Morganfield, KY

#127 May 30, 2012
Sorry, i am not certain why it corrected the way it did.

*if you do make that decision*
Blank

Elkton, KY

#128 May 30, 2012
well wrote:
Sorry, i am not certain why it corrected the way it did.
*if you do make that decision*
What if the child has a learning problem. What do you do about that. And how do you get started on it (home school)
Need help here.
well

Morganfield, KY

#129 May 30, 2012
If your schedule allows you to homeschool, use it as an opportunity to work on the child's academic weaknesses. Still teach standard lessons, but take the extra time to work on what the specific child struggles with.

People may or may not agree with what I say or choose to do, but I feel that a parent knows their child's strengths and weaknesses better than a teacher who has 20-30 students to tend to whereas home school give the child 1 on 1 attention.
well

Morganfield, KY

#130 May 30, 2012
There are different options to home school, I have chosen to do the k-12 online. Call the board office to see what specific steps are necessary to withdrawal a child from public school.
Never happy

Central City, KY

#131 May 30, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the child has a learning problem. What do you do about that. And how do you get started on it (home school)
Need help here.
Please thoroughly talk to your child about the decisions you are making. Most children need and want social interaction and a routine environment. I know a family who is home schooling right now and I don't know what program they're using but their not tested every year so I don't know how they're being held accountable for their children's progress. I do know the kids seem very backwards and immature when I see them out and I have been told they're not too bright. You see them out with their mom at all hours of the day and I do know that they are up late at night, long after my school kids are in bed. This is a form of child abuse in my opinion. One would have to be VERY disciplined to teach their children at the appropriate pace and keep them socially normal at the same time. As somebody said earlier, if you are going to homeschool make sure you do it for the right reasons. If done right, it should be more difficult than working a full time job.
What a joke

United States

#132 Jun 7, 2012
Well closing Slaughters was to save the county (ha-ha).It appears Mr Kemp had other plans for the money.Making a job for the Slaughters princpile to work under him directly.Another hefty paycheck.Doing all this without bringing it before the board.Thats what not letting the people of Slaughters speak done for ya .Becouse we knew but wasn't allowed to adress you.Mr Kemp is making fools out of all of you.He hasn't saved any money.He will go to another state but you my friends have to look your neighbors in the face.
Concerned

United States

#133 Jun 7, 2012
And excuse me but alliance coal did pay huge amount to uk .If you remember the article where they wanted to put coal on the building but didn't becouce of respect for Mr Joe B Hall .Coach cal visits the mines.This I know for a fact.And Mr Kemp did get a raise plus 25 vacation days we were giving the budget at the meeting proving this.Its funny to me the board didn't know he had created a hefty paying job for Mrs Jones.She will be his assistant.He didn't give her a pink slip.Mr Pettist was furious .None of this was brought before the board.He stated we closed a school to cut budgets for nothing .And this smells.And this is all in the Journal and Sebree banner so no need to deny this .People are truly questioning do they have a clue?I would think this would be a embarrassment .We need a finance advisor.To monitor money and control Kemp.He acted on his own without one vote from the board.
Clay

Elkton, KY

#134 Jun 13, 2012
I'm getting to where I hate this place. When you have your children, and now starting with grands going to Clay . And then all at once your told they have to go to Providence. They just don't care how many little ones they hurt. I have one here that's not wanting to go , because they switch her to Providence. When she has always went to Clay. She's is upset because she is gonna have to leave her friends behind. And not knowing any from Providence.
Citizen

Gilbertsville, KY

#135 Jun 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
I'm getting to where I hate this place. When you have your children, and now starting with grands going to Clay . And then all at once your told they have to go to Providence. They just don't care how many little ones they hurt. I have one here that's not wanting to go , because they switch her to Providence. When she has always went to Clay. She's is upset because she is gonna have to leave her friends behind. And not knowing any from Providence.
She will make new friends. On the flip side this might be a positive move. I do understand how she must feel. I know alot of children are having a hard time with the new district. Providence isn't a bad school and they have good teachers.
Complaints

Dunmor, KY

#136 Jun 18, 2012
To file a complaint, if anyone in the school system is doing anything illegal or mismanaging contact the Office of Educational Accountability:

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/oea/
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/oea/form.htm
NLB

Nortonville, KY

#137 Jun 18, 2012
Complaints wrote:
To file a complaint, if anyone in the school system is doing anything illegal or mismanaging contact the Office of Educational Accountability:
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/oea/
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/oea/form.htm
I wonder if complaints can be made against aides who work in the schools at this site.
peace

Central City, KY

#138 Jun 22, 2012
The letter sent home to welcome us to our new school has at least 3 or 4 grammar errors. Not a great first impression. :(.
really

United States

#139 Jun 22, 2012
peace wrote:
The letter sent home to welcome us to our new school has at least 3 or 4 grammar errors. Not a great first impression.:(.
OMG
aide

Cadiz, KY

#140 Jun 23, 2012
NLB wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder if complaints can be made against aides who work in the schools at this site.
What aides are you talking about and where?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
donnie willett (Jun '13) 2 hr Douche bags 7
Webster County Constable 6 hr When is enough en... 3
Lost without her 6 hr insanity becomes me 17
krystal moore-utley 8 hr whats next 17
Girl at DQ 8 hr Dandy W 8
Alfonzo 20 hr BarbaStreisand 1
Just me 22 hr Just curious 23

Dixon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance