Metra train hits pedestrian in Tinley...

Metra train hits pedestrian in Tinley Park

There are 307 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Metra train hits pedestrian in Tinley Park. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Metra train struck a pedestrian Monday morning at the 80th Avenue Depot in south suburban Tinley Park , officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Bob

Schaumburg, IL

#334 Mar 4, 2010
Almost two years later I read this and I am dying to know who Tom A is.... Tom, please post your address! ;-)
Tom A

Shorewood, IL

#335 Mar 5, 2010
I work in Chicago. I take the metra train everyday. For at least 15 year. I live in the Joliet area. I know the conductors and at least 50 passengers on the rock.

Why do you want my address?

I would give it to you but then I am thinking "good" for you and your family's well being and will not disclose it.
Bob

Schaumburg, IL

#337 Mar 9, 2010
Honestly, I just wrote that that because I was just shocked at many of your comments. Even though it may have been interpreted as a threat, there was no actual intention.

I just can't believe how cold hearted you were. As an outsider looking in on this tragedy, what did you have to gain by writing such awful things to his family and friends? You'd think you would just stop after one or two comments, but you were persistent...just one knife jab after another...

That extra hour or two on the train that day must have really gotten to you...

Either way, I'm a bit shocked that you even responded to this... Do you come back to this thread periodically just to look at what you wrote? Maybe you need to read it every so often just so you can pat yourself on the back. I can see you talking to yourself in your cube...'Boy Tom, you really showed this family up. Not only did their friend die, but I just kept kicking them while they were down. I am so great. I can't wait for another train tragedy so I can berate his or her family and friends too!

You suck. I look forward to you writing back and spewing thoughts and facts that only matter to assholes.
Tom A

Bartlett, IL

#338 Mar 12, 2010
Well Bob...(not family members),

I was no longer an outsider when it had effects on everyone at the train station and the following trains that day.

I have the right to spread the truth. It is insulting to read people blaming Metra or the city of Tinley Park when they themselves were "outsiders" and had no idea of the real facts of the incident.
Bob

Chicago, IL

#339 Mar 12, 2010
Then we'll call this issue closed. It's been a pleasure conversing with you.
Take care.
Bob

Chicago, IL

#340 Jul 17, 2013
How are you Tom A? Long time no talk.
old

Manhattan, IL

#341 Jul 17, 2013
Old thread is old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnnie hamilton n patrick mccommons Mar 10 Slumerican 1
Does anyone remember a place called Deer Park? (Mar '09) Mar 10 Lisa 27
the music thread (Mar '12) Feb '17 Musikologist 23
the music thread (Mar '12) Feb '17 Musikologist 24
News Fire Destroys Building in Bunker Hill (Jun '14) Feb '17 Yeah you 16
How big is your woman's rack? (Sep '16) Oct '16 shesgotsome 4
looking for my father (Oct '11) Jul '16 Tabatha 7

Dixon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance