Kadner: Mayor picks fight with soccer club

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
here we go

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2013
scum

Midlothian, IL

#2 Aug 12, 2013
Lou Presta and Theresa Flynn are gross people. They are the demise of this town. So much hate in their heart. Shame on them.
Big Guy

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2013
John, you are using a bad choice of words

Stop at Menards and grab a mirror to see who is gross

Get all the facts
Rachel

Frankfort, IL

#4 Aug 12, 2013
The facts are pretty clear. CSC is one of the positive things Crestwood has going for it that brings hundreds of people from surrounding areas to town each weekend to play soccer and I would venture to bet that those "tourists" spend money in town before they leave. If the village takes over, the fields will be destroyed and eventually no one will be playing organized soccer in Crestwood. Big mistake! Huge!
Big Mistake

Coloma, MI

#5 Aug 12, 2013
Rachel wrote:
The facts are pretty clear. CSC is one of the positive things Crestwood has going for it that brings hundreds of people from surrounding areas to town each weekend to play soccer and I would venture to bet that those "tourists" spend money in town before they leave. If the village takes over, the fields will be destroyed and eventually no one will be playing organized soccer in Crestwood. Big mistake! Huge!
It seems like the people doing the complaining are the same people who are throwing the kids off the soccer fields when they are not in use. That is what started all this throwing innocent little children off the fields. Notice no other organizations are complaining. The soccer fields are not owned by Crestwood soccer further more ask the trustee who is a lawyer about banning kids from parks.zAsk him about federal money and discrimination. Please stop it sbout the lawsuits if kids get hurt everyone will get sued regardless that is how the trustee makes his living. Also put equipment away so it doesn't get damaged. And who do you think paid for all the dugouts and fences around the little league fields the organization's themselves.
RIGHT

Alsip, IL

#6 Aug 12, 2013
Rachel wrote:
The facts are pretty clear. CSC is one of the positive things Crestwood has going for it that brings hundreds of people from surrounding areas to town each weekend to play soccer and I would venture to bet that those "tourists" spend money in town before they leave. If the village takes over, the fields will be destroyed and eventually no one will be playing organized soccer in Crestwood. Big mistake! Huge!
If you open the park up to everyone 100 Mexs from the apts will be playing and who will clean up afterwards.
question

Midlothian, IL

#7 Aug 13, 2013
Who paid for the work done at the soccer field concession?
Who pays for grass cutting?
Who pays for the fire department and or public works to go there and water the grass?
Who pays for the public works guys to come here every day and empty some garbage cans and walk the fields to pick garbage up?
Who pays for public works to put that ugly orange fence up?

My guess is us the tax payer
haha

United States

#8 Aug 13, 2013
question wrote:
Who paid for the work done at the soccer field concession?
Who pays for grass cutting?
Who pays for the fire department and or public works to go there and water the grass?
Who pays for the public works guys to come here every day and empty some garbage cans and walk the fields to pick garbage up?
Who pays for public works to put that ugly orange fence up?

My guess is us the tax payer
The village literally does none of that. Someone's giving you bullsh
question

Midlothian, IL

#9 Aug 14, 2013
Really. So when I was home at saw the fire dept out there watering and asked them why they said that's what they were told too

Also public works was out there re roofing and building on and asked them. And the same response

So I call your BS I hope someone will ask these questions Tomo night
Awesome

Midlothian, IL

#10 Aug 14, 2013
question wrote:
Really. So when I was home at saw the fire dept out there watering and asked them why they said that's what they were told too
Also public works was out there re roofing and building on and asked them. And the same response
So I call your BS I hope someone will ask these questions Tomo night
Since you personally saw all of this occur I can not wait for you tomorrow night to ask the questions and see how they refute your statement. It will be awesome.
question

Midlothian, IL

#11 Aug 14, 2013
I care less if the fire helps it or public works. But when this soccer club says they pay for this and that. And they really don't that's BS
resident

Midlothian, IL

#12 Aug 15, 2013
I can't find where Mayor Presta states he is stopping the private club from playing like the protesters stated on their signs and in the news. Did the mayor state he is going to stop the club from playing soccer and take over their club, if so where is that quote.
Dont Believe The Hype

Evergreen Park, IL

#13 Aug 15, 2013
resident wrote:
I can't find where Mayor Presta states he is stopping the private club from playing like the protesters stated on their signs and in the news. Did the mayor state he is going to stop the club from playing soccer and take over their club, if so where is that quote.
That's an easy answer - he never did. The issue has always been whether the Club has exclusive use of the field and can keep other residents off the field. The Club insists that since they had a handshake agreement with Chester and did work to the field, that it is their's by proxy.

I think it was at the least reckless for a lawyer to tell the Club they had ownership based on a hand shake agreement. Illinois law does not even allow for verbal agreements to be upheld. And didn't that same lawyer make an issue out of these kind of hand shake agreements when he ran for mayor?

So where did the rumors of disbanding, taking over or barring the club come from? That would be an interesting question for one of the many reporters covering this (I'm looking at you Kadner) to find out.
my guess

Midlothian, IL

#14 Aug 15, 2013
Dont Believe The Hype wrote:
<quoted text>That's an easy answer - he never did. The issue has always been whether the Club has exclusive use of the field and can keep other residents off the field. The Club insists that since they had a handshake agreement with Chester and did work to the field, that it is their's by proxy.

I think it was at the least reckless for a lawyer to tell the Club they had ownership based on a hand shake agreement. Illinois law does not even allow for verbal agreements to be upheld. And didn't that same lawyer make an issue out of these kind of hand shake agreements when he ran for mayor?

So where did the rumors of disbanding, taking over or barring the club come from? That would be an interesting question for one of the many reporters covering this (I'm looking at you Kadner) to find out.
My guess would be JT
That is a great guess

Homer Glen, IL

#15 Aug 15, 2013
my guess wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess would be JT
Your guess is right on. He ran for mayor and complained about secret illegal handshake deals and now he is using it as a defense. Oh I almost forgot that is how he makes his living. Another question where did the money go when other schools were charged to play on the fields? Why were other Crestwood children charged to play there when it is leased by the village of Crestwood. I heard the club uses the money to buy lavasih dinners and I also heard the club board went to Sweden for a conference on the clubs dime.The bottom line is no child should be thrown out of a park. There are federal laws forbidding this and also ask Carrwreck what law enforcement officers all around say. Keep the kids busy in activities so they dont get into trouble. Playing in the park does not lead to trouble but since Carrwreck is not a real cop he probably never heard of this. Metra police are glorified security guards.

And for the record his mouth piece Carrwreck is sinking him. Carwreck has about 6 followers. I hear people all over town talking about Carrwreck and it isnt good. The residens are tieing JT to Carrwreck so he will lose his next election solely because of the boneheaded actions of Carrwreck. Carrwreck is picking or trying to pick fights with anyone and everyone to try and make his candle look brighter. It is failing big time. In two years they will both be gone. Jt can blame Carrwreck for his demise on the village board.
heard that

Midlothian, IL

#16 Aug 15, 2013
I heard a blue birdie talking tonight to someone, who said the soccer club had $$$$ and paid for the board to go to Vegas for a soccer convention, but the guy who use to be well involved in soccer stated there has never been a soccer convention in Vegas. What?????
resident

Midlothian, IL

#17 Aug 16, 2013
Dont Believe The Hype wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an easy answer - he never did. The issue has always been whether the Club has exclusive use of the field and can keep other residents off the field. The Club insists that since they had a handshake agreement with Chester and did work to the field, that it is their's by proxy.
I think it was at the least reckless for a lawyer to tell the Club they had ownership based on a hand shake agreement. Illinois law does not even allow for verbal agreements to be upheld. And didn't that same lawyer make an issue out of these kind of hand shake agreements when he ran for mayor?
So where did the rumors of disbanding, taking over or barring the club come from? That would be an interesting question for one of the many reporters covering this (I'm looking at you Kadner) to find out.
I see the board prevailed last night and thats no surprise. My limited understanding of this situation is the gates are to be opened now, kids can play on those fields today when not in use by the club. The club is still going to play there this year and find a new home for next season since they refuse to allow an external audit of their financial reports. I just don't understand this, the IRS can come in and audit any 501c at any time. I would think a non IRS external audit would be welcomed as you would see if there are problems that need to be corrected before the IRS does come in to examine your books. I would welcome the help, I really don't understand this part of the problem.
Dont Believe The Hype

Evergreen Park, IL

#18 Aug 16, 2013
For all the emotional reporting on the Soccer Club kids, you would think one reporter would look into the kids who have been forcibly kept off the field and out of the Club. Mainly those kids from the two nearby apartment complexes, the one off of the Turnpike (backside of the field) and the complex north of the fields in the same neighborhood. It might provide some balance of emotions and motivations for both sides of this issue.

You would think an ambitious reporter might look into why the Club does not want to open it's books. Maybe start with looking into their public IRS filings to match what they are publicly saying against their actual expenditures.
resident

Midlothian, IL

#19 Aug 16, 2013
Dont Believe The Hype wrote:
For all the emotional reporting on the Soccer Club kids, you would think one reporter would look into the kids who have been forcibly kept off the field and out of the Club. Mainly those kids from the two nearby apartment complexes, the one off of the Turnpike (backside of the field) and the complex north of the fields in the same neighborhood. It might provide some balance of emotions and motivations for both sides of this issue.
You would think an ambitious reporter might look into why the Club does not want to open it's books. Maybe start with looking into their public IRS filings to match what they are publicly saying against their actual expenditures.
Thats why I think a fast look by someone not connected to the IRS or club might be helpful to point out potential problems ( IF in fact there are any) before a forensic audit is done by the IRS. My fear is with all the blustering about not showing the books to anyone and we don't have to listen to anyone just might garner an audit.

Reporters are basically lazy when allowed to be, I was reading different accounts by numerous sources. The vote was not 6-0 it was 5-0-1; the 1 was an abstention not a no vote.
Presta

Chicago, IL

#21 Aug 17, 2013
I will host a game in the future against the board members

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to sock retired city workers 5 hr Burt 32
CLOUDS Hookah 5 hr OMG! 6
another thread gets pulled 6 hr Doh 19
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 7 hr Clearly Fraud 566
Midlothian pulls out of lake water project 7 hr Field of Dreams 3
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 8 hr Weneedchange 150
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 8 hr Wow 40
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dixmoor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dixmoor
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••