Court Supervision: Former Fire Chief ...

Court Supervision: Former Fire Chief Has Constant Case of the Blues

There are 17 comments on the Patch.com story from May 11, 2013, titled Court Supervision: Former Fire Chief Has Constant Case of the Blues. In it, Patch.com reports that:

When they let former Chicago Ridge Deputy Fire Chief Gary Swiercz out of jail, he wasn't allowed to return to the Tinley Park condo where he allegedly tried to rape and kill a neighbor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Standup Guy

Chicago, IL

#1 May 15, 2013
Gary Swiercz was released on $150,000 bond the day after he was taken into custody for attempted murder. But as a condition of that bond he could no longer stay in his Tinley Park condo since his alleged victim still resides in the building. So Swiercz moved in with his mother and father in the Village of Worth, staying in what Moore called a "meager, three bedroom, raised ranch home."
Another condition of Swiercz's bond is that he not leave the "meager" home, and that he wear an ankle bracelet that alerts police if he strays too far.
During Monday's hearing, Moore asked Judge John Joseph Hynes to order the police to knock off their checks between midnight and 8 a.m., for the sake of Gary Swiercz's parents.
"It's not about him," Moore said. "It's about his parents, their age, their fragile condition."
Moore also said the police have stationed squad cars on the Swiercz's street and around the corner, and have been pulling over visitors without reason.
Two of those visitors—one of whom is Former Chicago Ridge Trustee Brad Grove—told of enigmatic run-ins with police while driving away from the Swiercz residence.
Grove identified himself not only as a trustee and long-time friend of Gary Swiercz, but also as a Eucharistic minister who had brought his buddy Holy Communion before he was pulled over. The officer told him he failed to signal a lane change, Grove said, but he suspected he was targeted for visiting Swiercz.
Judge Hynes said allegedly unwarranted traffic stops would be "more of a civil matter." He also said the police—whom Barbara Swiercz said have "been so very nice and very helpful"—were merely doing their jobs when visiting the residence.
"The bottom line is, the police are complying with the general order," said Hynes as he denied the request to cut out early morning checks.
Dear Standup Guy

Chicago, IL

#2 May 16, 2013
Did the full story say what the former trustee's blood-alcohol level was? He and the accused have been known to tip a few whenever they paired up. The whole communion thing just seems a little hard to believe. Did the conversation go, "Hey pal, I am a former Chicago Ridge trustee and I always drive like this. Get over it before I call my Police Chief and your boss" or was it more like "Please officer, have mercy on me, I was just giving the man sacraments. I was praying for his soul and I made a terrible mistake with my lane change"? The Judge was right. There was nothing to talk about.
Judge This

Chicago, IL

#3 May 28, 2013
Never forget that this soon-to-be-ex-trustee was willing to go into court and attempt to use his status as a Chicago Ridge Village Trustee and Holy Communion Minister to intervene on behalf of a drug-abusing rapist. He should be run from town on a rail.
Let Me Count The Ways

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 19, 2013
When does the the Chief head off to prison? Who will show up to testify to Chief's character?
dontbeadummy

Cookeville, TN

#5 Oct 17, 2013
Let Me Count The Ways wrote:
When does the the Chief head off to prison? Who will show up to testify to Chief's character?
more than a few people, im sure. you thing this guy was on the job for almost 30 years doing nothing good? do you really think you just get to request to be a fire chief and then you get the job? dont be an idiot. people make mistakes and some are worse than others. im not saying the guy should skate. but i think its really unfair that everyone is going to take the word of a drunk over his without question, simply because its man vs. woman. get real people
Gary is as Gary does

Evergreen Park, IL

#6 Oct 17, 2013
dontbeadummy wrote:
<quoted text>
more than a few people, im sure. you thing this guy was on the job for almost 30 years doing nothing good? do you really think you just get to request to be a fire chief and then you get the job? dont be an idiot. people make mistakes and some are worse than others. im not saying the guy should skate. but i think its really unfair that everyone is going to take the word of a drunk over his without question, simply because its man vs. woman. get real people
Cookeville TN??? I thought you were in Texas Mickey D?
So it's the victims fault? Shame on you Mickey D, Shame On You!
Bar bud

Carol Stream, IL

#7 Oct 18, 2013
dontbeadummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about his history? He is a meth head who tried to rape that woman at knifepoint.
Interested

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 18, 2013
Bar bud wrote:
<quoted text> Who cares about his history? He is a meth head who tried to rape that woman at knifepoint.
When is the trial for this loser?
Home confined

Evergreen Park, IL

#9 Nov 18, 2013
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>When is the trial for this loser?
Will he be able to attend the Performance Party fundraiser?
Gary World

Evergreen Park, IL

#10 Nov 19, 2013
Home confined wrote:
<quoted text>
Will he be able to attend the Performance Party fundraiser?
Stop this nonsense. Gary could have been he next fire chief if the right people would have won the elecion.
Not surprised

United States

#11 Mar 4, 2014
Hahahahaa! What a vile, disgusting, and obese excuse for a man! Him and everyone else at CRFD, jokes.
Not old news

Evergreen Park, IL

#12 Mar 5, 2014
Gary World wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop this nonsense. Gary could have been he next fire chief if the right people would have won the elecion.
Who was backing him for the Chief position?
Memorial Day

Tinley Park, IL

#13 May 23, 2014
Never forget that this ex-trustee barkeep was willing to go into court and attempt to use his status as a Chicago Ridge Village Trustee and Holy Communion Minister to intervene on behalf of a drug-abusing rapist. Now that he feels better after his heart attack, he should be run from town on a rail.
Never Forget

Carol Stream, IL

#14 May 30, 2014
Judge This wrote:
Never forget that this soon-to-be-ex-trustee was willing to go into court and attempt to use his status as a Chicago Ridge Village Trustee and Holy Communion Minister to intervene on behalf of a drug-abusing rapist. He should be run from town on a rail.
When does this freakshow end?
SwierZilla

Evergreen Park, IL

#16 May 30, 2014
Never Forget wrote:
<quoted text>When does this freakshow end?
Me thinks it will end when he leaves prison after serving his well deserved time. When will it end for the poor girl he brutally attacked?
Gary got game

Evergreen Park, IL

#17 Jun 8, 2014
Is fire chief wannabe planning a football career?
Swierzilla

Evergreen Park, IL

#18 Jun 8, 2014
Where he's headed I think he'll go in a tight-end and come out a wide- reciever

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 4 hr For the People 3-... 45
BIIP and Blue Island 5 hr Get rid of the go... 148
Hip school 10 hr Mark 1
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) 17 hr KramersDad 283
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 21 hr Hello FBI 812
Bloom Township Democratic Party civil war Fri El gordo 17
Our Lady of the Ridge School Closing (Jan '17) Fri Goes Back 45 Years 23

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages