Carl Forrester

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Has anyone taken a drive around Blue Island lately? See all the jungles growing in people’s yards, business lots?

VERTERANS SQ- Flag Poles on Western Ave. Bridge)- Volunteers planted a lot of nice things. However, have you seen it lately? The weeds have overtaken the whole thing! The weeds are so out of control that the “Cruise Nights” signs are half-covered.

STREET/STOP SIGNS- so rusty I can’t even make out what they are.
Seeing all these unmaintained jungles and rust poles around town makes me wonder if we have a Public Works Dept at all? What are our tax dollars paying for?

WIRETON RD- Wright’s Furniture is no longer cutting their grass. This looks like they are working on growing a forest next to their building. This looks terrible!
Carl Forrester

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

And more!

There’s another business on Wireton where the grass is over a foot tall.(Hydralic something?)

Oh and my personal favorite- that monstrosity of a building that is at the intersection of Francisco/Vermont (Wireton) Rd. They have collection bins for donations. Half of the donations lay around outside with other garbage. When it rains, all of this stuff is damaged. This is a complete eye sore to the community. The entire building needs a complete face lift.
CASA

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Don Peloquin at the March city council meeting announced plans to build a big section 8 housing complex on the south end of B.I. Let's face it; we can't even enforce the building and property codes that we do have. We need to push the special business interests away from the mayor/city council and work to improve the community that we do have.
shrubs

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Veterans square looks worse now than it did before they planted all that stuff. The weeds are taking the whole thing over!
Make the Call

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Call the aldermen and forestry board they will correct the problem.
still here

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

@make the call. why do we have to call... the public works supt.. cant see it. or his foreman...they go over that bridge ...how many times a day. they need to open there eyes...
Ritamingo

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

The same fools that planted veterans triangle also made a mess of city hall.
To many plantings too close.Now that they all have grown into each other,theY install a shit fence in front of the plantings which they are growing through.Hence the name FORESTRY BOARD.
life observer

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

shrubs wrote:
Veterans square looks worse now than it did before they planted all that stuff. The weeds are taking the whole thing over!
I was driving through blue island the other day.There were so many jungle bunnys I thought they were filming a F%%KIN tarzan movie man!!!!!!!
shrubs

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Drive down Western Ave... the garbage cans are over flowing, rusted out, dirty, and in desperate need of paint.

Other communitied have concrete ones. They cost the same and last 20-30yrs. They require far less maintenance.
Lucas

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

life observer wrote:
<quoted text>I was driving through blue island the other day.There were so many jungle bunnys I thought they were filming a F%%KIN tarzan movie man!!!!!!!
You are a racist twit.
Holes Craters and Weeds

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Please fill the huge holes and craters in the streets and do something about the over grown vegetation dotting every precinct and every ward.
blues

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

If it's that bad get all those lil gangbanger wannabe and have them clean the community, don't wait for city employees to clean, all they are interested is in hiring their relatives..
It Is Time

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

CIty hall needs to address the pension problems including abuse, municipal debt, conflicts of interest, expose waste, fraud, corruption and mismanagement within Blue Island. Public officials are accountable and must provide a city government that's transparent, fair, honest and efficient. 
Joke

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

The nearly 3 foot tall grass/weeds by that Wright Furniture is just embarassing and disrespectful! Isn't public works right down the street?! SOMEONE TAKE A MACHETE TO THAT!!
Mickey Mouse Club

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

It Is Time wrote:
CIty hall needs to address the pension problems including abuse, municipal debt, conflicts of interest, expose waste, fraud, corruption and mismanagement within Blue Island. Public officials are accountable and must provide a city government that's transparent, fair, honest and efficient. 
What do you think? You living in Disney Land?
Spot On

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

It Is Time wrote:
Failure to do so is a crime that includes jail time.
Carl Forrester

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

We need to address the fact that NO ONE is taking responsbility to ENFORCE CODES!

Cut your grass! Paint! Clean up! Take pride in your community!!

Business owners should be respectful to our city and work on beautifying it- not to become an eyesore in town.

Look at Joe's Fruit Market. Where the "Mayfair" used to be should have been torn down or repainted over a decade ago. More than half the windows are painted on, while the other half has sales ads in on them.

The city needs to start coming down on these businesses that make our town look like a mess.
life observer

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Lucas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist twit.
Not at all,Im a life observer.
Walk Aways

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Carl Forrester wrote:
We need to address the fact that NO ONE is taking responsbility to ENFORCE CODES!
Cut your grass! Paint! Clean up! Take pride in your community!!
Business owners should be respectful to our city and work on beautifying it- not to become an eyesore in town.
Look at Joe's Fruit Market. Where the "Mayfair" used to be should have been torn down or repainted over a decade ago. More than half the windows are painted on, while the other half has sales ads in on them.
The city needs to start coming down on these businesses that make our town look like a mess.
Many property owners have "Walked Away".
Bill Clintons Pecker

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

I need some manscaping down here if you don't mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Closed Rib Restaurant in Blue Island (Dec '09) 18 min SCK5363 53
Blue Island Strong (Jan '14) 25 min Rinse and Repeat 211
City hands out another Public works job 39 min Sisters of St Francis 9
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 1 hr who cares 97
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 1 hr Big-Time Winner 31
Accused Embezzler Sopko Back on Oak Forest Payr... 1 hr Insurance 10
Titanium Fastpitch 6 hr beware 21
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT