What's happening in 228?
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#21 Jul 26, 2013
I know you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater but I didn't know you couldn't voice your opinion on the new mayor either. So your telling me the first amendment is dead in Midlo ???

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#23 Jul 26, 2013
If you feel it's appropriate to call someone that word then far be it from me to tell you otherwise, but the fact is, she had the right to make changes if she felt they couldn't work together.
Wondering

Forest Park, IL

#24 Jul 26, 2013
Can this complaint come from the board though? Can't any citizen just file the complaint? Lisa Madigan already said it was a conflict.
FullDisclosure wrote:
Sharon is violating the policy of 228 by maintaining her seat but the entire board seems to be in collusion with her. Unless their is an official complaint filed they may not ever seek to replace her.
However even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Also Sharon's been in firing mood lately, ask ex-Chief Burke.
Wondering

Forest Park, IL

#25 Jul 26, 2013
That's hysterical!
he dserved it wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't walk around calling your boss the "c" word and expect to keep your job.
Lil Joe

Alsip, IL

#26 Jul 26, 2013
There is a clause in the policies section of BHSD228 website which allows almost anybody to file a grievance with any of the four Principals of D228.

Bremen Community High School District 228
2:
Page
of
Board of Education
Uniform Grievance Procedure
A student, parent/guardian, employee
or community members should notify any District Complaint
Manager if he or
she believes that the Board of Education, its employees, or agents have violated their
rights guaranteed by the State or federal Constitution, State or federal statute, or Board policy, or have
a complaint regarding
any one of the following
:

http://bhsd228.schoolwires.net/cms/lib6/IL010...
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#27 Jul 26, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Actually FullD, she voted against suspending him for a year. There's a difference. She might have lobbied in private for termination and lost and then voted this way knowing it would reflect her difference of opinion. She could never tell you what happened in closed session, so we may not know. Just a thought having worked in a high school for over a year and seeing the outcome of these meetings.
I remember reading an article by Kadner were he took Debra Stearns to task for her ignorance on what could and more so, should be disclosed in these CYA meetings. It's like the Feds always claim national security issues when they want to keep info out of the press. When a public official can't comment on public business it is the height of absurdity. Trust me I work for the gov't.
Ironic

Alsip, IL

#28 Jul 27, 2013
Illinois passed a new law requiring the police to notify the school if a student gets arrested. How are they notified when a Dean gets arrested?

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/new-il...

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#29 Jul 27, 2013
Ironic,

I worked in a school and though I can only speak for THAT particular school, if the background check (which the particulars of are mandated by the state) is entered correctly, the school gets automatic updates to their background if it changes....In some cases, even after the staff member has left their employ. Maybe that is the case here, but I also suspect that gossip and him being in the newspaper didn't help matters.
Ironic

Alsip, IL

#30 Jul 27, 2013
So they may be informed via the newspaper but God forbid they make any statement through the paper even if it's that they are against having three time offenders as Dean's instilling discipline to young adults. These kids are aware of what's happening and are not fooled by the hypocrisy of this boards actions.
Ironic

Alsip, IL

#31 Jul 28, 2013
Why wouldn't D228 have a spokes person? A professional organization would make a public statement on such outrageous behavior from one of it's employees whose job it is to discipline impressionable young adults, this is a concern of the parents and students.
of24

Chicago, IL

#32 Jul 29, 2013
Ironic wrote:
Why wouldn't D228 have a spokes person? A professional organization would make a public statement on such outrageous behavior from one of it's employees whose job it is to discipline impressionable young adults, this is a concern of the parents and students.
Good point - every organization has spokesperson to address the concerns
Mind your business

Forest Park, IL

#33 Jul 29, 2013
Don't you people have anything else to do? A person I work with told me about this site. I happen to be a parent at Hillcrest High School. This meeting was packed with parents and students supporting Mr. Sutton and we aren't done yet. Did he do something wrong? Yes he did. Was it on his own time? Yes it was. The positive impact that this man has on the young men at this school overshadows this wrong. You should have come to the meeting to tell us all how you felt. Why don't you worry about your own school? We aren't happy with what the board decided, we do understand that there should be some consequences, but at least they are better than other elected officials and they listened to the people they are elected to represent by not firing him.
FullDisclosure wrote:
Is this the Dean that got busted for the third time for DUI ??? story in southtown...
B/C if this board does not fire this (sic) coach then it shows their lack of respect for the students and taxpayers.
Sharon how did you vote on this ???

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#34 Jul 29, 2013
MindYourBusiness,

If you want to come on here and say he's the best thing since sliced bread, that is your right...Just as it is FullD's right (and mine) to come on here and say he deserves to lose his job. I don't know the man personally so I don't have the basis you have for your decision. What I do have is the knowledge that he's a repeat offender and should not be allowed to be around kids that will look to him for examples of how they should behave. My opinion of course, but just don't slam people for their opinion. We have enough people on this site already doing it. We don't need you adding to it.
really

Chicago, IL

#35 Jul 29, 2013
Mind your business wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you people have anything else to do? A person I work with told me about this site. I happen to be a parent at Hillcrest High School. This meeting was packed with parents and students supporting Mr. Sutton and we aren't done yet. Did he do something wrong? Yes he did. Was it on his own time? Yes it was. The positive impact that this man has on the young men at this school overshadows this wrong. You should have come to the meeting to tell us all how you felt. Why don't you worry about your own school? We aren't happy with what the board decided, we do understand that there should be some consequences, but at least they are better than other elected officials and they listened to the people they are elected to represent by not firing him.
The district, parents, and organizations supporting this guy just lowered the bar!
I'm glad for two things. First of all, my children graduated from a district 228 school several years ago, prior to the standard of educators being lowered. Secondly, I am glad that my children were appalled by this educators actions and those that support him.

If students were at the board meeting supporting criminal behavior, then I have to question the standards of the parents raising them.

Also, if it took not one, but three DUI's for this educator to realize he has a problem, he's in denial. Just like his supporters.
WoodyHayes

Alsip, IL

#36 Jul 29, 2013
He may in fact be a great coach but when Despite his great achievements at Ohio State, Hayes's coaching career ended ignominiously when he was fired after striking an opposing player late in the game during the 1978 Gator Bowl.

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#37 Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys/gals,

Check this out.

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#38 Jul 30, 2013
Woody are you in the wrong topic perhaps?? We're talking about Earnest Sutton.
Well is she

Midlothian, IL

#39 Jul 30, 2013
ClassAct wrote:
Is Mayor Rybak still on the Board ???
Is Sharon still on the board?
WoodyHayes

Alsip, IL

#40 Jul 30, 2013
Woody are you in the wrong topic perhaps?? We're talking about Earnest Sutton.
If Mr. Sutton wants to compare himself to Jordan I'll remind him that even the best coaches in the world get fired from their job. Can I video tape the next board meeting ???
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#41 Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys/gals,
Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NR7bShdJXkUXX
Good find on the video, It looks like all the speakers are football friends. His job is discipline and I didn't hear anyone talk about how he taught a wayward student how to make good choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will getvemty trustee chair midlo? 2 hr Larry Ryan 6
School board meeting 4/20/17 3 hr CASA 26
Douglas Schroeder (Jun '13) 4 hr dksh 84
City 911 center closing 11/2017 6 hr Systematic 21
City Council 5/23/17 Mayor Vargas says " WE are... 12 hr Zoom Zoom 9
Stop the Cook County Tax Increase com 13 hr Denise 8
News Man Fatally Shot In South Suburban Harvey (Apr '06) Oct '16 Dupree 120

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance