Does anybody agree that this is the g...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Midlothian, IL

#21 Sep 22, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
Now we are getting to the nitty gritty. If God will let people who never heard of Jesus and small children than why not that good "Mother Theresa" like person. I like you do not know everything, but I would hope God has enough mercy to let people in who tried to lead a good life. You like to quote the bible, but what you do not understand is, God did not write the bible. Man wrote the bible. And most of what is written in the New Testament was written many many years after Jesus was gone. Jesus did not start a new religion. He was a Jew and a Rabbi. He was trying to fix his own religion. Man started a new religion. Like the old saying goes. If Jesus were to come back he would not be a Christian.
I cannot convince you to know Jesus, only God can do that. I only hope that one day you can understand what I'm saying, and hear the truth. I've already explained, the best I can, why some people cannot enter heaven, and why human's definition of a "good person" is not the same as God's definition. You keep asking that question. Only righteous, sinless people can enter heaven, if mother Teresa rejected Jesus as her savior, then she would not be washed of her sin, and would not be able to enter heaven.

The bible was written by God, through man. The bible is God's word, written down by man.

Yes Jesus was a Jew. Jesus did not start a new "religion", and being a Christian is not about "religion". Catholicism is a religion. Being a true Christian is having a personal relationship with Christ. Jesus wanted everyone to understand God and told people how to be with God in Heaven. Jesus did not denounce Jews, nor do Christians. Jews are still "God's people" and in the end times, once the last gentile repents and accepts The Lord, God will eventually turn his attention back to the Jews. Many Jews have come to follow Christ though.

When Jesus returns, and HE WILL, he is going to take the Christians (those that are living) and take them to heaven. Those left behind will face 7 years of terrible tribulations. Jesus won't be coming to fix or change a religion. During the tribulation many will believe in Christ but in order to make it to heaven during the tribulation, those Christians will have to pay with their lives, because being a Christian will basically be a crime punishable by death.

I think you are taking my responses as argumentative. I'm trying to answer your questions the best I can. This is not a test for you or I. I know where I am going when I die. I'm trying to inform you of what your fate may be if you fail to take advantage of God'd free gift to you. I do appreciate your responses though. It shows me that you are curious, and that is a good thing.:)
CitiZEN

Tinley Park, IL

#22 Sep 22, 2013
1 John 3

See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.

The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Beloved, we are God's children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

And every one who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.

Little children, let no one deceive you.

He who does right is righteous, as he is righteous.

He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.

The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.
Unbelievable

Worth, IL

#23 Sep 22, 2013
Let's get one thing straight. You ASSUME I don't believe in God or Jesus. Well you are wrong. And just like all self righteous people you think you know what God is thinking. I don't know what God is thinking. I just know what I believe. We will all find out one of these days. I was brought up believing a lot of crap. Much of what I was taught has been changed. Again most of the rules we were taught were created by man. Not God. If you follow the TEN you will be fine. But you can't pick and choose what to follow. Just like you can't pick and choose what you read in the bible.
CitiZEN

Tinley Park, IL

#24 Sep 22, 2013
Matthew 7:21-23

It is not everyone that says to me,'My Lord, my Lord'', who enters the Kingdom of Heaven, but whoever does the will of my Father who is in Heaven.

Many will say to me in that day,'My Lord, my Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, and in your name have cast out demons, and have done many mighty works in your name?'

And then I will confess to them,'I have never known you, remove yourselves far from me, you workers of evil.'
wow

Midlothian, IL

#25 Sep 22, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
Let's get one thing straight. You ASSUME I don't believe in God or Jesus. Well you are wrong. And just like all self righteous people you think you know what God is thinking. I don't know what God is thinking. I just know what I believe. We will all find out one of these days. I was brought up believing a lot of crap. Much of what I was taught has been changed. Again most of the rules we were taught were created by man. Not God. If you follow the TEN you will be fine. But you can't pick and choose what to follow. Just like you can't pick and choose what you read in the bible.
I don't assume anything about you, all I have done is try to answer questions you ask. What is it that makes me claim to be righteous?? If anything, being a Christian, makes me see how much of a sinner I really am! I know I am not righteous, and also know, that is an impossible mark to reach anyway.

I do not pretend to know what god is thinking and ask you to point out one thing I said that leads you to believe that. Everything I have said I learned from the bible. Do I make mistakes? absolutely, I'm a human.

Lastly you mention you can't pick and choose what to believe, but yet you say you believe in God and Jesus, but yet don't seem to believe in the message that Jesus brought. So, isn't that picking and choosing? I believe in God, and I Love Jesus Christ. I read the bible and I love learning new things about The Lord. Thanks for asking questions. I can see its getting to be my time to end the conversation. God bless :)
wow

Midlothian, IL

#26 Sep 22, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
One last thing I want you to just think about... You are right, one day, we will find out EXACTLY what's going to happen after we die...

But if you end up in Hell, it's too late to believe in Christ. I would hate to "wait and find out" the truth, after going to hell! Just sayin.
Catholics

United States

#27 Sep 23, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
One last thing I want you to just think about... You are right, one day, we will find out EXACTLY what's going to happen after we die...
But if you end up in Hell, it's too late to believe in Christ. I would hate to "wait and find out" the truth, after going to hell! Just sayin.
although I have been silent I have read every word and am glad I started this thread. Thank you again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronald Tellez..ex-Blue Island cop.. (Nov '11) 1 hr Magnum BI 22
Accountability .. it's all in the numbers 2 hr Investigative Rep... 16
Trumps Hunting Buds 2 hr Trumpsters 5
Help Wanted 2 hr New boss 18
We Need Leadership NOT Higher Taxes 5 hr Obstruction of Ju... 40
biip blue island a trainwreak 7 hr Command and control 9
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 9 hr Price Gouging 76

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance