Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

I would love to see our new mayor get the village hall staff to update our village website. It is July of 2013 and schedule for recycling of waste is dated 2012. Nor is there an updated edition of our village newsletter.
Please, Ms. Mayor, I'm hoping that your administration will do a better job communicating with the citizens of Midlothian.(You certainly couldn't do worse.)

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

You do know that she just got in right? She hasn't been in office for but two months.

Plus, she is getting the website updated, but no one there seemed to know how to do it. I know for certain that many updates have already been made, mostly related to updating the staff pages (new chief, deputy chief, retirement and resignations, etc.) and that she has someone trying to learn the new system right now to get it updated and given a good overhaul to get rid of outdated information.

Chill for a minute, and stay tuned because it is coming.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
You do know that she just got in right? She hasn't been in office for but two months.
Plus, she is getting the website updated, but no one there seemed to know how to do it. I know for certain that many updates have already been made, mostly related to updating the staff pages (new chief, deputy chief, retirement and resignations, etc.) and that she has someone trying to learn the new system right now to get it updated and given a good overhaul to get rid of outdated information.
Chill for a minute, and stay tuned because it is coming.
Wow, now see there's that smug attitude I was talking about! You can't change your spots leopard!
wishIknew

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Why were posts 3and4 removed? Someone call little missy out and she got in a snit and went crying to topix?
harassment

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Had you read them you'd know why. But since I suspect you were one of the ones that WROTE them, I think you know.
wishIknew

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Wow, now 6-11.you better go find a job.

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I was ignoring this because none of you added to the original content, but for the record 'wishlknew', all of those post numbers were removed simultaneously, not in two separate instances. When the posters get out of hand that badly, Topix actually does make it's presence known.

As for the website (if anyone actually cares), I see a lot of updates on it, but yes, the recycling calender is still the 2012 one. I'm not sure why they bother posting that since it's maintained by Allied Waste.
MIA

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

What ever happened to posting the village committee and board meeting agendas 48 hours in advance as the law requires?

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

I'm not sure if the other committees started abiding by the Open Meetings Act yet TBH, and if they haven't it definitely needs to be addressed.

As for posting on the website, I agree they should be doing it, but I think for now it's always been printed and posted up at the hall. There's a lot the new mayor is doing so hopefully with her delegating the website details away to someone else these things will start happening and not falling through the cracks. Dunno, but there's a lot more I care to see happen first.
Anonymous

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

$14,000+ spent on a website theoretically no one can operate on a reliable basis (it's "plumbing" not "pumbing" another typo for my list).

Worst part is that although they removed Mayor Stephens name a whole lot faster than the months and months of Murawski Memories, our new Mayor continues to appear to be the entirely silent type...

Notice there's no statement from her on the Mayor's page?

No pledges means no broken promises, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min truth 48,904
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 9 min Part Time FD 20
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 16 min who cares 83
Ridge Fest (Aug '09) 49 min Charles not in charge 53
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr All better now 3,830
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... 4 hr Flooding Continues 4
BHSD 228 board member files FOIA request on his... 11 hr QandA 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search