Property Tax bills
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Still in BI

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 6, 2011
Mine are up 17.7%. (Worth Township). Lovely.
Long Time Blue Islander

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 10, 2011
Have the bills gone out yet.. I haven't gotten mine yet... aren't they due on 11/1/11??!?!?!
Joseph

Tinley Park, IL

#3 Oct 10, 2011
Keep voting Democratic
Bob

Blue Island, IL

#4 Oct 10, 2011
Joseph wrote:
Keep voting Democratic
You stupid Peloquin asskisser it is both the democrats and the republicans
ItsOnlyMoney

Wilmette, IL

#5 Oct 10, 2011
Well there's a font of wisdom if ever I heard one....
BlueIslander

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 11, 2011
I see Joe Berrios and his family are taking Cook County homeowners to the cleaners again to line his pockets. How in the hell this azzclown got elected is still beyond me. The guy is so ashamed of being Hispanic that he
"Anglicized" his name from Jose to "Joe".
Still in BI

Dallas, TX

#7 Oct 11, 2011
Long Time Blue Islander wrote:
Have the bills gone out yet.. I haven't gotten mine yet... aren't they due on 11/1/11??!?!?!
Yes, they are due 11/1/2011. You can go to the treasurers website to request a duplicate bill if you did not receive yours.
Worth

Homewood, IL

#8 Oct 11, 2011
Mine went down 300 bucks. I appealed though.
Dolton Resident

Calumet City, IL

#9 Oct 11, 2011
Worth wrote:
Mine went down 300 bucks. I appealed though.
FYI PLEASE check your tax bills on the left side of the bill to see if you qualify for any of the exemptions.Most taxpayers did not receive these exemptions. These exemptions can help lower your tax bills.For more info. Check with the Assessor's Office.
BIResident

Midlothian, IL

#10 Oct 11, 2011
Dolton Resident wrote:
<quoted text>FYI PLEASE check your tax bills on the left side of the bill to see if you qualify for any of the exemptions.Most taxpayers did not receive these exemptions. These exemptions can help lower your tax bills.For more info. Check with the Assessor's Office.
Again it's waste of time & soon these exemptions will be gone if you go by what Jose (Joe) Berrios wants and says. What a waste of human flesh this POS is.
Mark

Midlothian, IL

#11 Oct 11, 2011
BIResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it's waste of time & soon these exemptions will be gone if you go by what Jose (Joe) Berrios wants and says. What a waste of human flesh this POS is.
You probably do not vote. When we are ready for change we will go out and vote to change this. Vote all the incumbents out.
Ray

Palos Hills, IL

#12 Oct 11, 2011
Dolton Resident wrote:
<quoted text>FYI PLEASE check your tax bills on the left side of the bill to see if you qualify for any of the exemptions.Most taxpayers did not receive these exemptions. These exemptions can help lower your tax bills.For more info. Check with the Assessor's Office.
It is like Gas was $5 + and then $4+ and now Happy for $3.50 when we can remember when it was not even $3 some short time ago.

Why can't we just pay our fair share with out having to deal, request, ask for exemptions from the Assessors Office.

1 + 1 = 2. Not 8. Why is it not fair from a State Office?

Do they have random tax rates? Which is UP UP and UP?

They have raised the $500 and lowered them to $200 but they still raided them.

When will this end? If your pay off your home you still owe a big bill for life ? Cook County?
school money

Bolingbrook, IL

#13 Oct 11, 2011
Look at what the schools are getting 75% of the bill…………
BIResident

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 12, 2011
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably do not vote. When we are ready for change we will go out and vote to change this. Vote all the incumbents out.
I vote fool and I did not vote for Joe Berrios! You and other knucklehead fools did. You didn't want a Black, a woman or a young progressive in that office but instead voted for an incompetent boob & party hack. Happy with what you got? He's laughing all the way to the bank.
school money

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 Oct 15, 2011
Look at what the schools are getting 75% of the bill........
thinkin

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 15, 2011
thank You for pointing this out I think its disgusting and frustrating that the schools do nothing it appears. they no longer havs a agency to check the schools do the footwork themselves based upon returned mail and when people report a perfect example as seen in august 22 2011 southtown the students family has not lived in blue island for 2 years but since he is in his senior year he can come out stating he lives in posen as published in the southtown the district will let him finish out his senior year so screw the tax payer so the district condones the fraud at the taxpayer expense
ron

Midlothian, IL

#18 Nov 14, 2011
Property tax appeals futile, painful

Recently I received my property tax bill. Of course it went up a lot, and I decided to take a day off and drive over to Skokie to the Cook County, rather Crook County, assessor’s office to ask why I haven’t received my longtime occupant exemption that I mailed in June. Living in Des Plaines over 20 years, I’ve been told that “I’m entitled to it” by a lawyer. So after waiting in line for over an hour, the clerk explained what I already know. The equalizer went down, tax rates went up, exemptions went down this year, assessments also went down ... blah, blah, blah.

I left feeling sad, not because my bill wasn’t lowered, but because of the people waiting in line for so long. An elderly lady with a walker approximately in her 80s having to stand and wait because seats in the waiting area are too low. Another lady also in her 70s to 80s leaving with tears running down her cheeks looking for a Kleenex. A third lady waiting over two hours in line, after speaking with a clerk confides with her friend that they could not help her and she doesn’t know how she is going to pay for this bill. Her husband has been on disability for the last couple of years and they can’t afford these taxes.

When are our elected officials going to get it? We are sick and tired of tax hikes. Every elected official says we need to do this and we need to do that. We need, need, need. We, as citizens, need to focus on the upcoming elections and we need to get these crooks out of office.
ron

Melrose Park, IL

#19 Nov 15, 2011
Lenin: Capitalism’s ruin is taxation

It would seem foolhardy that our political leaders here and around the world see more taxes upon more taxes as a way to get us out of the financial chaos that spending beyond our means has created.

Excessive taxation is regressive as it is money that does not get into the marketplace, which in turn spurs job creation.

Lenin, the father of communism, had this to say about taxation in general:“The easiest way to destroy capitalism is to tax it out of existence.”
Its Only Money

United States

#20 Nov 16, 2011
Folks, taxes go up because the revenue collected by the city, county, state, and feds (we could keep going in Illinoi$, due to numerous taxing entities) all have NOT collected enough revenue to pay their bills.

We are the ones who then have to pay.
Could the public employees take a pay cut?
Go ask the unions......

Could we STOP PRINTING MONEY?
Go ask the current administration.....

By the way - look at the USA Today Money section dated 11/08/2011, lower left hand graphic -
More $100 (1.9m) bills have been printed this year than $1 bills (1.8m).

Does anyone see a problem here?

The more money in the money supply the more prices rise - oil just went over $100 a barrel - this is not good people.

When our home's budget is too high for what we earn, we taxpayers have to cut back; when the public entities budget(s) spend more than they take in, they just print (feds), borrow (state), float bonds (city), or tax us (all the above).

Fix the public pension debacle, or mark my words, by 2015 (when by law, the pensions MUST be 85% funded), taxes and fees of all sorts will soar, forcing most of those who can, to leave this economically forsaken state....

Remember folks, Its Only Money.....
Manuel

Chicago, IL

#21 Feb 1, 2012
Did you receive your real estate tax bill today? How can they increase it when the property is worth less than last year? Mayor Peloquin increased the tax levy! The logical answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the Village Budget? 2 min Poopy 9
Blue Island Gravy Train 1 hr Happy Holidays 25
property taxes and theives (Nov '09) 3 hr No More 85
wondering (Mar '17) 5 hr Who cares 7
B.I. has part time mayor 15 hr Times Up 57
Woman hit by Train 17 hr CSpencer 2
Midlothian police Mon Trumbull 50

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance