Boat Launch "Revisited"

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

Shellysummer

Palos Heights, IL

#1 Jun 16, 2013
I am starting a "new" discussion on the boat launch for this season. Worth, you are LOSING money! The boat launch used to officially open up their building by end of April. Then it was changed to Memorial Day weekend. It is now mid-June and so far the building has not been opened. Yesterday I was at the launch waiting for my friend to arrive with his boat. While sitting off to the side of the lot waiting, 3 more boats arrived. I watched each one (no season pass visible on the trailer)as only one person paid using the drop box! He pounded on the window of the launch building then went and got an envelope from the box. The other 2 launchers proceeded to launch without paying. One guy walked over to the drop box then walked back to his friend and said "screw this"! Why should we pay? Well Worth Village/PD, I guess revenue doesn't mean much anymore! Hey, and where's the porta pottie? Many people like to "go" before they go (on the boat)especially when they have kids!
Worth, when are you going to get with it? Talk about mis-management! MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN!
besides this

Toledo, OH

#2 Jun 18, 2013
What have you done to bring this to light other than post on this site? Will you be at the meeting tonight making your concerns public? I hope so, don't let our new leadership take a pass on this.
Shellysummer

Palos Heights, IL

#3 Jun 18, 2013
besides this wrote:
What have you done to bring this to light other than post on this site? Will you be at the meeting tonight making your concerns public? I hope so, don't let our new leadership take a pass on this.
I unfortunately work a 2nd shift job and cannot make it. It has been mentioned to one of the trustees though! Just really tired of the "mis-management" of anything Village of Worth related!
Worth It

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2013
What is going on with the Boat Launch? Almost the end of June and no attendant. I wonder how much money the Village is losing. I'm sure not everyone is putting their money in the box. We get a new administration and the first thing to go is the Boat Launch. Wake Up Mayor. Your throwing away money.
besides this

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2013
Did you go to the board meeting and ask our you just stirring to pot here behind a computer screen?
Worth It

Worth, IL

#6 Jun 26, 2013
I posted this on Topix to let the people of Worth know what is going on in their community. Speaking at the board meeting is usless. They know what is going on. They just don't care.
Shellysummer

Palos Heights, IL

#7 Mar 28, 2014
After this long horrific winter, I am really looking forward to the boating season to start. You can bet we'll be out there the very first sunny and 70 degree day! Just wondering if Worth got their priorities straightened out over the winter? Make the boat launch work for you this year!!!! Hope you have learned from past mistakes that there's too much money lost and going down the drain if you don't do it right! See you all soon!!
Worth it

Palos Heights, IL

#8 May 10, 2014
What a beautiful day! Boat Launch was busy! No attendant!!???????? I wonder how much money we lost again? Come on people, wake up. Not everybody puts money in the box.
Shellysummer

Palos Heights, IL

#9 May 22, 2014
So, this is Memorial Day weekend coming up! Supposed to be a very nice sunny weekend with no rain in the forecast. I personally know 3 friends who are taking their boats out for the first time, and I'm sure there will be many more. Will the attendant be on duty? Or will a lot of boaters be getting free admission to the Cal Sag??? Why am I so worried about Village of Worth's lost revenue? Maybe because I'm a tax payer? And continuing mis-management really pisses me off! PRIORITIES! I hate to see people "stealing". It IS a crime you know!
Worth It

Palos Heights, IL

#10 May 25, 2014
It was a beautiful day for boating. I was glad to see the old guy collecting money. Maybe now the Village will make some money. Village Hall finally woke up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lansing Sucks (Jul '11) 3 min lansimg resident 3
Is the Mafia in chicago heights? (Aug '09) 3 hr King Bouncer 49
MS-13, Los Zetas likely very widespread in Chic... 3 hr King Bouncer 4
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 6 hr Public Servants N... 87
Alderman election 2015 no opposition 7 hr Anita 20
property tax increase or other options 10 hr Hah 9
Fire issues still burn in Chicago Ridge 11 hr Talk about clueless 2
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web