14-Year-Old Charged With Murder Of Do...

14-Year-Old Charged With Murder Of Dolton Teen

There are 78 comments on the Cbs2chicago.com story from Mar 16, 2007, titled 14-Year-Old Charged With Murder Of Dolton Teen. In it, Cbs2chicago.com reports that:

DOLTON, Ill. A 14-year-old boy was charged Friday in the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old Thornridge High School student in south suburban Dolton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs2chicago.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
None concern

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 17, 2007
I really don't think it should have went down like that however i'm glad yall coaught the 14 year old because its better of him getting caught then him shooting someone else or you all shooting him cause he has ben on the run for so long so in other words thankyou but i hope he gets out sooner or later make him work hard so he get what its worth to be on parol good day
Ex-Harvey

Williamsburg, OH

#2 Mar 17, 2007
I say death penalty or life in prison. Parole in maybe 50 years, if that. when you kill someone.....tough......your life should be taken...or...life in prison. What am I mising here? Sould not be playin' with guns at 14. Gimme a break here. Y'all sound way soft on crime.
CDS

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2007
I agree with ex-Harvey
aaron

AOL

#4 Mar 19, 2007
shit like this hardly ever happened in dolton when it was mostly white.it should be called boltin now because all the whites were boltin out of there when black trash took over.if you are black trying to make something out of your life you get gunned down.just stick to joining gangs and doing drugs and you'll live!!! thank you blacks for ruining another once great suburb.buried along with dolton are country club hills,hazel crest,sauk village,matteson,lynwood,olymp ia fields,richton park,crete,monee,park forest,calumet city,olympia fields,steger,south holland and on life support soon lansing.once all predominatly white communities with great high schools/schools and safe towns now are a joke!!! thank you section 8
Amazed

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2007
aaron wrote:
shit like this hardly ever happened in dolton when it was mostly white.it should be called boltin now because all the whites were boltin out of there when black trash took over.if you are black trying to make something out of your life you get gunned down.just stick to joining gangs and doing drugs and you'll live!!! thank you blacks for ruining another once great suburb.buried along with dolton are country club hills,hazel crest,sauk village,matteson,lynwood,olymp ia fields,richton park,crete,monee,park forest,calumet city,olympia fields,steger,south holland and on life support soon lansing.once all predominatly white communities with great high schools/schools and safe towns now are a joke!!! thank you section 8
I don't believe that you had the guts to actually publicly post your racist comment. Crime is not only in the "black" neighrborhoods. Crime is every where. The only difference is the media don't emphasize on the crimes that are going on EVERYWHERE. It does not matter what zip or area code you live in, it's all around us. Crime is not determined by your color, it is determined by the home you live in and how you are raised. Next time, keep your "skin-jead" comments to yourself. I think you are a very ignorant person and I will keep you in my prayers.
Jerome

Midlothian, IL

#6 Apr 23, 2007
Wake up amazed, that's called freedom of speach, everyone is entitled to it whether you agree or not.
Shaun

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 2, 2007
The safest place to live is
6201 S. Pierce Street
Jefferson,County Colorado

it is 89% white

Home of Columbine High School -Massacre !

I have got to move there-good skiing !
curtis johnson

Oak Park, IL

#9 Dec 14, 2008
crime has no color,race,or creed,i dont care who you are if you have issues from your child hood and thier not addressed,like rape,child abuse abandament issues,you will committe crimes to young or old. because to those of you who dont know,ill tell you its not a pyshical fight,but its spiritual.
curtis johnson

Oak Park, IL

#10 Dec 14, 2008
and to those who are ignored to the fact whites kill whites,and blacks kill blacks.MOST YOUNG PEOPLE LOOK TO DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TO SOLVE THIER PROBLEMS, AS A MATTER OF FACT I MYSELF CURTIS JOHNSON,DID DRUS AND ALCOHOL FOR 19 YEARS I WAS 19 TEEN WHEN STARTED USEING,BECAUSE MY BROTHER GOT KILLED BY A GANG AT THE AGE OF 17 THAT MADE ME DO THE THINGS I DID STOLE,LIED,FOUGHT PEOPLE,WENT IN AND OUT OF JAIL. IM 47 NOW AND MY LIFE BELONGS TO THE MOST HIGH GOD IF ANYONE NEEDS MY HELP FOR THIER CHILD CALL ME AT OR WRITE ME AT 14501 SOUTH TORRENCE AVE. BURNHAM ILL.60633
Falcon

United States

#11 Dec 17, 2008
Dear Amazed. I don’t believe Aaron had had a raciest tone in his opinion as Rev. White would have sounded (Sorry)However, Aaron however did seem disappointment and sad. All Aaron did was state a fact.“While Dolton was mostly a white community, there was not the violent crimes you hear about so often today.” I also know this as a fact because I grew up in Dolton and attended T-Ridge HS. My time was spent, with sports, school, a job and of course, girls. I was not crying about how the world is picking on me and looking to gangs, drugs or crime. The main problems in school then were from the kids bussed from the Harvey, Posen and a few other troubled areas. I now live in Lansing and as Aaron stated, Crime is truly on the rise. There are also more section 8 and looser minorities moving into the area. Can you at least admit there is a common denominator here? Hopefully our new President will make people focus on the truth of problems instead of rewarding them for doing nothing. What is sad is that a child was killed and your focus is against a person’s opinion. I wish people could focus on finding a solution to prevent this kind of stuff from happening. I recommend all communities start holding people accountable and that includes looser parents that will not control their offspring. My prayers go to the family of the child that was killed.
this1

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 18, 2008
I agree Falcon... I grew up in Dolton & live in Lansing now too, & agree that Dolton was Never so bad as it is now. The idea that children have guns & drugs & their parents don't know about it is outragious! I'm sorry, but I know about what's going on in my house. I always has curfews on the kids & if they rebelled they got grounded, & lots of chores to do while they were grounded too.
It made them aware that for every action, there's a reaction. They were told the same thing that I was told while growing up... Go ahead & disobey, or run your mouth in a disrespectful way, & you'll be home all week cleaning my house & mowing the lawn, ect... My kids never got in trouble with the police. They were busy walking the line. PARENTS TODAY JUST DON'T CARE!
Then when their kid gets killed, they cry & try to sue someone. My suggestion is... Tighten The Reigns on these kids. They have too much free reign & are not mature enough to realize what they are doing with their life!
a lost soul

Glenwood, IL

#13 Dec 22, 2008
i think its wrong that some of u ppl think that dolton is bad and that boy who got shot is my nephew and i dont agree with what you r saying because the city is tearing down the buildings in chicago and havin them move to the suburbs so think aboutit cuz everyone is entitled to ther opinion but watch what you say
Falcon

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2008
Dear “A Lost Soul”. You failed to see that not all the comments are “opinions”. Some are factual observations made by those that have lived in the Area long before the serious trouble began. When you witness a place you once called home because it was once safe for anyone be destroyed in front of your eyes, it hurts. Anyone should be able to understand that! I fail to see where anyone mentioned anything about the tearing down of City Buildings making people move to the suburbs, but you do bring up a good point. I’m sure that doesn’t help. If that boy was your nephew, I am sorry for your loss.
black princess

Peoria, IL

#15 Jan 4, 2009
who cares about people who are racist all thats over with our point is proven whites are not better than blacks we are equal just the same whites kill whites and they do just as much wrong we cannot be jugded hell our point is proven we have a BLACK PRESIDENT !!!!
MzLea

Calumet City, IL

#16 Jan 8, 2009
Falcon. I cant understand how the comment was racist in his or her comment. They practically said that the people in Dolton are black trash and should just be in gangs because we just are going to kill each other anyway. Just yesterday two boys were killed. I think maybe you should re-read what Aaron said because as a black ,15 year old female who lives in Dolton his comment really bothered me. If it was'nt offensive or racist then we would have took it that way. Yes I would agree that it seem to be less crime in Dolton when it was more populated with white people. But really if you look at it either way you dont hear alot of things going on in Dolton now either. But the fact is Aaron made it seem as if black people where the reason there is crime. But in all actuallty all people make crimes. Now matter what color or community. Just so happens the people in Dolton are mostly black and the crime happened. If there was a town that use to be full of black people but now it was populated with white people and the same crimes happened...... No one would say anything. And lets be real we all know no one would say anything.
Falcon wrote:
Dear Amazed. I don’t believe Aaron had had a raciest tone in his opinion as Rev. White would have sounded (Sorry)However, Aaron however did seem disappointment and sad. All Aaron did was state a fact.“While Dolton was mostly a white community, there was not the violent crimes you hear about so often today.” I also know this as a fact because I grew up in Dolton and attended T-Ridge HS. My time was spent, with sports, school, a job and of course, girls. I was not crying about how the world is picking on me and looking to gangs, drugs or crime. The main problems in school then were from the kids bussed from the Harvey, Posen and a few other troubled areas. I now live in Lansing and as Aaron stated, Crime is truly on the rise. There are also more section 8 and looser minorities moving into the area. Can you at least admit there is a common denominator here? Hopefully our new President will make people focus on the truth of problems instead of rewarding them for doing nothing. What is sad is that a child was killed and your focus is against a person’s opinion. I wish people could focus on finding a solution to prevent this kind of stuff from happening. I recommend all communities start holding people accountable and that includes looser parents that will not control their offspring. My prayers go to the family of the child that was killed.
Dolton Res

New York, NY

#17 Jan 8, 2009
Dear "A Lost Soul", I am very sorry about your loss and my prayers are out to you and the family. I can't imagine losing my child! I must agree, Dolton has gotten very bad. I lived here for 19 years and my children and I were able to walk thru the neighborhood with out any problems, now I don't let my daughter walk home from school. My boyfriend was shot on our own block just a couple of houses down. He pulled over for a minute when 2 guys approach. I hear about so many of our children getting gunned down or jumped. Hopefully our "new" mayor will help along with the parents! Again, i'm truly sorry for your loss.
MzLea

Calumet City, IL

#18 Jan 8, 2009
You ...... honestly I dont know what to say to you. Cause temper is hot and I can't deal with raciest, colorist(something Im not sure is even a word), and sexes. I think people of "Bolton" should you and people like you for being stupid racist ass holes who have nothing better to do with there life but to hate other people. Hating other people isnt going to get you shit in life..... wait rewind that.... most likely sitting around with rich white people planing on how to keep black people poor and in jail. White people the reason black people the way there are today. We have a permit scar for life that has been given to us from white people and there is nothing they could do to fix it. The fourty acres and a mule would be a good start though :P. Honesty I'll rather be with the section 8 having, baby daddy having, dirt poor ghetto, laying in the mud on the streets black people then your ass any given day.
aaron wrote:
shit like this hardly ever happened in dolton when it was mostly white.it should be called boltin now because all the whites were boltin out of there when black trash took over.if you are black trying to make something out of your life you get gunned down.just stick to joining gangs and doing drugs and you'll live!!! thank you blacks for ruining another once great suburb.buried along with dolton are country club hills,hazel crest,sauk village,matteson,lynwood,olymp ia fields,richton park,crete,monee,park forest,calumet city,olympia fields,steger,south holland and on life support soon lansing.once all predominatly white communities with great high schools/schools and safe towns now are a joke!!! thank you section 8
Betty lived in Dolton

Jasper, IN

#19 Jan 16, 2009
Well, you've hit it right on the head Aaron, My Parents RAN from Roseland when my 14 year old sister was attacked in front of our house on 103rd street in 1969, we moved to Dolton, and lo and behold, another roseland all over again. I had to move out, and I loved our home in Dolton. My husband and I took our family out of state after my 16 year old son got attacked twice, once in downtown Dolton coming from the pool hall and once in front of the house, they wanted his gym shoes. ALL BLACK, and your right 90% trashy people, I moved away in 1999 and never looked back. Lived there for almost 30years and was pushed out again. So Sad. I was one of the last to leave, I thought I could live there but the people that moved in were just horrible.
aaron wrote:
shit like this hardly ever happened in dolton when it was mostly white.it should be called boltin now because all the whites were boltin out of there when black trash took over.if you are black trying to make something out of your life you get gunned down.just stick to joining gangs and doing drugs and you'll live!!! thank you blacks for ruining another once great suburb.buried along with dolton are country club hills,hazel crest,sauk village,matteson,lynwood,olymp ia fields,richton park,crete,monee,park forest,calumet city,olympia fields,steger,south holland and on life support soon lansing.once all predominatly white communities with great high schools/schools and safe towns now are a joke!!! thank you section 8
Betty lived in Dolton

Jasper, IN

#20 Jan 16, 2009
Now this is the kinda of shit that pisses me off. Sorry but it is the black that ARE causing 90% of the trouble in Dolton. I know, I ran from there after my son was attacked. Your right all people do crimes, white, black, whatever, but my car was not stolen by a white person, it was a black person. I parked my car in Dolton for 30 years, nothing ever happen, could of left the window down all night, nothing ever happened until the trashy black moved in.(Not all blacks are trashy) I just wish that people was stop hidding behind, I'm black I'm mistreated, boo ho.... get over it and treat people the way you want to be treated. Every time something goes wrong and it is a black person, it's a prejudice thing, you don't hear white people saying "it's a prejudice thing when a black cop arrests him, ya know why, cause, he got arrested, he must of done something wrong, GET OVER IT.
MzLea wrote:
Falcon. I cant understand how the comment was racist in his or her comment. They practically said that the people in Dolton are black trash and should just be in gangs because we just are going to kill each other anyway. Just yesterday two boys were killed. I think maybe you should re-read what Aaron said because as a black ,15 year old female who lives in Dolton his comment really bothered me. If it was'nt offensive or racist then we would have took it that way. Yes I would agree that it seem to be less crime in Dolton when it was more populated with white people. But really if you look at it either way you dont hear alot of things going on in Dolton now either. But the fact is Aaron made it seem as if black people where the reason there is crime. But in all actuallty all people make crimes. Now matter what color or community. Just so happens the people in Dolton are mostly black and the crime happened. If there was a town that use to be full of black people but now it was populated with white people and the same crimes happened...... No one would say anything. And lets be real we all know no one would say anything. <quoted text>
Betty lived in Dolton

Jasper, IN

#21 Jan 16, 2009
Personally, I think it is great that Obama won, but he's not BLACK, he is White/Black. I wish people would get that straight, he is not 100% black but people fail to say that. I think he'll do this country good.
black princess wrote:
who cares about people who are racist all thats over with our point is proven whites are not better than blacks we are equal just the same whites kill whites and they do just as much wrong we cannot be jugded hell our point is proven we have a BLACK PRESIDENT !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 42 min get real 54
Hawley and the Parade.... 5 hr Be Inspired 10
What is your favorite thing about Midlothian? 7 hr Doubting Thomas 29
Oak Fest 15 11 hr OF RES 2
Nancy Rita Cancels Finance Meeting (Oct '14) 12 hr Digits 13
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 20 hr krispkritter52 949
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 22 hr keep it simple 436
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages