Keeping Informed

Other

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 2, 2009
Ok, just for fun. Here's a new poll to try.
I personally never heard of Topix until a Friend from Virginia sent me the Link. Being away from Midlo for over 35 years, she told me that's how she got her Midlo News.
I typed it in, got "Wondering Why" on something and, the rest has been fun to say the least.
Your turn and stories now if you wish. Just maybe so some of us can get to "know" each other a bit better.
warren vista

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jun 2, 2009
Wondering Why1 wrote:
Ok, just for fun. Here's a new poll to try.
I personally never heard of Topix until a Friend from Virginia sent me the Link. Being away from Midlo for over 35 years, she told me that's how she got her Midlo News.
I typed it in, got "Wondering Why" on something and, the rest has been fun to say the least.
Your turn and stories now if you wish. Just maybe so some of us can get to "know" each other a bit better.
Heard about it from Frances when the campaigns were ramping up. Heard there was some pretty good stuff being said. Wound up making some really good friends through it. Now it's part of my daily routine.
Midlo parent

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 2, 2009
I wanted to know more about the town I moved into 4 years ago....Googled it and Topix came up.

It is also a daily website for me.....

Glad I can get "real" Midlothian news.....and not what is (and what isn't) reported in the newspaper.

Since: Feb 09

Midlothian

#4 Jun 2, 2009
I heard about it in passing at work. I checked it out and the rest is history. It is nice to have a place that the residents can go and share their thoughts.
totally agree

Midlothian, IL

#5 Jun 2, 2009
I heard it from a friend...who...heard from a friend...oh sorry, R.E.O speedwagon popped in my head! I just read everything for awhile and decided to put my 2 cents in. And I got sucked in and love it now!!!

Since: Jun 09

Midlothian

#6 Jun 2, 2009
totally agree wrote:
I heard it from a friend...who...heard from a friend...oh sorry, R.E.O speedwagon popped in my head! I just read everything for awhile and decided to put my 2 cents in. And I got sucked in and love it now!!!
Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club. We're glad to have you. No guarantees that we will agree on everything, but that is what is nice about this place, you are free to voice your opinions.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 3, 2009
warren vista wrote:
<quoted text>Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club. We're glad to have you. No guarantees that we will agree on everything, but that is what is nice about this place, you are free to voice your opinions.
Let me be the second to Welcome You:) As WV said the only gaurantee is that we have a good time. Just make sure you register though so no one grabs your name.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#8 Jun 3, 2009
warren vista wrote:
<quoted text>Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club. We're glad to have you. No guarantees that we will agree on everything, but that is what is nice about this place, you are free to voice your opinions.
Like I said I am an idiot. I did not even notice you joined up. Welcome to the official club Warren. Happy posting.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#9 Jun 3, 2009
I found Topix after doing a search for election information. After a week or two I then joined up.
totally agree

Midlothian, IL

#10 Jun 3, 2009
Well Thank You everyone! I know we will all not agree and thats ok! Everyone has a right to their own opinion...Thats whats great about our country!
totally will enjoy talking and listing to you all!
totally agree

Midlothian, IL

#11 Jun 3, 2009
oops, sorry I meant talking and listening to you, should have spell checked....

Midlothian, IL

#12 Jun 3, 2009
Ok, guys I signed up, bad news though, I must have stolen someone elses name, so I am now totally agree 2.....

Since: Jul 07

Midlothian

#13 Jun 3, 2009
I signed up a few years back for a totallly unrelated topic. Never discovered Midlo on here until the election...which has brought me here (nearly) everyday since.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#14 Jun 3, 2009
totally agree wrote:
Well Thank You everyone! I know we will all not agree and thats ok! Everyone has a right to their own opinion...Thats whats great about our country!
totally will enjoy talking and listing to you all!
If I did not talk to everyone I had a differing opinion on I would only be talking to myself. And I do that enough as it is.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 3, 2009
totally agree 2 wrote:
Ok, guys I signed up, bad news though, I must have stolen someone elses name, so I am now totally agree 2.....
Glad to see you signed up. The same thing happened to me when I went to sign up. It said there was already a "WW". I had to go to WW1. I felt so(sniff) "Violated):):):) Sort of like an Identity theft happened:):)

Darien, IL

#16 Jun 3, 2009
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> Glad to see you signed up. The same thing happened to me when I went to sign up. It said there was already a "WW". I had to go to WW1. I felt so(sniff) "Violated):):):) Sort of like an Identity theft happened:):)
Same here!!!! I wasn't sure what to do after that. I couldn't go under another name. this one fits me perfectly! so added the 2

Location hidden

#17 Jun 3, 2009
totally agree 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here!!!! I wasn't sure what to do after that. I couldn't go under another name. this one fits me perfectly! so added the 2
Ya see, Now you can add your "2" cents:):):):) Sorry, I just had to say that:) You left your self wide open on that one:):)

Midlothian, IL

#18 Jun 3, 2009
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya see, Now you can add your "2" cents:):):):) Sorry, I just had to say that:) You left your self wide open on that one:):)
And I think I have said that here before!!!
haha!! I am glad people can have a sense of humor here....otherwise I probably wouldn't have given this site a second look!

Location hidden

#19 Jun 3, 2009
totally agree 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think I have said that here before!!!
haha!! I am glad people can have a sense of humor here....otherwise I probably wouldn't have given this site a second look!
Ya see TA2 you gave it a second look, "we" opened up your eyes and now You are in for a good time:):) My theory is, you have to have a sense of humor and laugh sometimes. People go through life with too many tears and not enough smiles. So, Smile and enjoy yourself:) I Do.!!

Darien, IL

#20 Jun 4, 2009
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya see TA2 you gave it a second look, "we" opened up your eyes and now You are in for a good time:):) My theory is, you have to have a sense of humor and laugh sometimes. People go through life with too many tears and not enough smiles. So, Smile and enjoy yourself:) I Do.!!
totally agree 2....I do 2!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 2 hr Listen Up 101
public hearing tomorrow night 3 hr Cookie Jar 80
Is this Oak forest forum or forum for Orphan ci... 8 hr 3decades in the d... 2
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 9 hr Elaine from River... 971
Poll Calumet Park Police Reputation (Mar '09) 12 hr COP WATCHER 436
12 Hour shifts will bleed the taxpayers dry (Aug '15) 22 hr Stay on topic 67
Public hearing for ward revision Sat HAIL CASA 124
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages