Alderman Hawley's power point presentation.

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A disgruntled resident

Orland Park, IL

#1 Dec 16, 2013
Can someone tell me where I can find the power point presentation that Alderman Hawley used to address the city council?
Check it out

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Dec 16, 2013
A disgruntled resident wrote:
Can someone tell me where I can find the power point presentation that Alderman Hawley used to address the city council?
The path to follow to see them is go to www.blueisland.org click on Government, click on Finance, click on Annual Financial Reports (this is also in the presentation). This presentation was made to let the Council and the public know where we are financially
Most Important Points

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 16, 2013
Check it out wrote:
<quoted text>The path to follow to see them is go to www.blueisland.org click on Government, click on Finance, click on Annual Financial Reports (this is also in the presentation). This presentation was made to let the Council and the public know where we are financially
Why were the most important points omitted?
We believe

Midlothian, IL

#4 Dec 16, 2013
Most Important Points wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were the most important points omitted?
Recap: you pay ridiculously high taxes for your undervalued homes and travel far for necessary retail; therefore, you must volunteer your time for the BIIP. We will pay you back by telling you how much money we've saved you so that you can vote us in again.
We believe

Midlothian, IL

#5 Dec 16, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Recap: you pay ridiculously high taxes for your undervalued homes and travel far for necessary retail; therefore, you must volunteer your time for the BIIP. We will pay you back by telling you how much money we've saved you so that you can vote us in again.
Incredible comments by two very strong Blue Island women questioning the Mayor at the last council mtg. Watch Hawley's face and listen to Vargas' disdain towards these incredible residents. What Mayor holds his residents to three minute comments? He is our servant and must listen to our opinions.
trust but verify

Blue Island, IL

#6 Dec 17, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible comments by two very strong Blue Island women questioning the Mayor at the last council mtg. Watch Hawley's face and listen to Vargas' disdain towards these incredible residents. What Mayor holds his residents to three minute comments? He is our servant and must listen to our opinions.
You must read in between their lines!. These two were very great, very strong supporters of the Peloquin-Frasor years in office, and were great supporters getting the Bob Rita candidates elected this past April election. What I heard was great disappointment, when they found out, they have been lied to, by all their candidates, past and present. They should have not believed, but found out what persons would serve them honestly, and transparently. So what is their complaint? They should just blame themselves, for being hoodwinked by their choices they made!. Now the residents will have four years of the Rita treatment shoved down their throats, if they like it or not!.
Spin Room

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 17, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible comments by two very strong Blue Island women questioning the Mayor at the last council mtg. Watch Hawley's face and listen to Vargas' disdain towards these incredible residents. What Mayor holds his residents to three minute comments? He is our servant and must listen to our opinions.
Vargas uses the city council meetings as the "SPIN ROOM" in a further effort to hire more unqualified people at ridiculously higher salaries while projects such as the water mains that should have repaired before winter burst on Maple, Vincennes, and the Divison St. bridge remins closed. Vargas continues to put the municipality and the public last; and hasn't figured out yet; that will never work.
Big Savings

Alsip, IL

#8 Dec 17, 2013
Are the aldermen still getting paid? If so, an additional way to save $84,000 is by the alderman voting to give up their salary and expense checks.
Huge

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 17, 2013
With give backs from the Mayor, Clerk, and Treasurer there is money for a few necessities.
We believe

Midlothian, IL

#10 Dec 17, 2013
Huge wrote:
With give backs from the Mayor, Clerk, and Treasurer there is money for a few necessities.
If John Rita was in it for the betterment of the community, which some of his supporters are saying, then he would do the job for $30,000/year. Receiving 2 pensions provide him with more than enough income to live off of. He is in it for the money, money, money!
BOB

Alsip, IL

#11 Dec 17, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
If John Rita was in it for the betterment of the community, which some of his supporters are saying, then he would do the job for $30,000/year. Receiving 2 pensions provide him with more than enough income to live off of. He is in it for the money, money, money!
In Crestwood this position is UNPAID!
BOB

Alsip, IL

#12 Dec 17, 2013
Ask that BOHN-PACE girl that works at 911 center. How did she get that job?
BOB

Alsip, IL

#13 Dec 17, 2013
Huge wrote:
With give backs from the Mayor, Clerk, and Treasurer there is money for a few necessities.
What give backs? Is City Clerk now a part-time position?
BOB

Alsip, IL

#14 Dec 17, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible comments by two very strong Blue Island women questioning the Mayor at the last council mtg. Watch Hawley's face and listen to Vargas' disdain towards these incredible residents. What Mayor holds his residents to three minute comments? He is our servant and must listen to our opinions.
Two peloquineers i presume, just mad they are now on the outside looking in. Soon to be replaced.
We believe

Midlothian, IL

#15 Dec 17, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Two peloquineers i presume, just mad they are now on the outside looking in. Soon to be replaced.
Wrong Bob! Just pissed at incompetence.
BOB BLEHEAD

Alsip, IL

#16 Dec 17, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Bob! Just pissed at incompetence.
Why not pissed at Peloquins incompetence?
We believe

Midlothian, IL

#17 Dec 17, 2013
BOB BLEHEAD wrote:
<quoted text>Why not pissed at Peloquins incompetence?
Why so obsessed with the former mayor? We are looking at the future.
BOB BLEHEAD

Alsip, IL

#18 Dec 17, 2013
Obsessed? Isn't that a little over dramatic?
BOB BLEHEAD

Alsip, IL

#19 Dec 17, 2013
BOB BLEHEAD wrote:
<quoted text>Why not pissed at Peloquins incompetence?
Tough question, huh?
We believe

Midlothian, IL

#20 Dec 17, 2013
BOB BLEHEAD wrote:
<quoted text>Tough question, huh?
I really don't care about the past. It's the present that F'd up now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 35 min Beaver 4,056
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Sharky 50,066
Phillips 66 in Midlothian 59 min rejochummar 1
Petition Walkers 1 hr Ridge Rat 7
Time to Abolish Calumet Township Organization (Mar '14) 2 hr Tough Decisions 22
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 3 hr Drinking Water 572
Should Crestwood residents pay for Chief T's cr... (Oct '11) 8 hr Move on-crestwood 605
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match

Dixmoor Jobs

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dixmoor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dixmoor

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]