SD 142 superintendent resigns

SD 142 superintendent resigns

There are 45 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Mar 5, 2014, titled SD 142 superintendent resigns. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Forest Ridge School District 142 Supt. Courtney Orzel announced Wednesday that she will be leaving the Oak Forest-based district June 30 after nearly a decade of service to become superintendent in another district.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OF resident

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 5, 2014
So she has been in this job for about 9 months and then leaves? Good riddence, bitch. If OF isnt good enough for you, dont come back. EVER. Kids deserve quality, not job hopping asshats like her.
142dad

Crown Point, IN

#2 Mar 6, 2014
I remember the night it was announced that she was taking Longo's spot. She was so happy that her friend gave her that position. Now she already proved how she is as a Superintendent. LOUSY. Bail out on the kids AND parents. I guess you just shown us what you can do. NOTHING. She should just retire and raise the Baby she just had. Be a Mom. Oh, that's right, she just hung on long enough for the District to pay for her Medical when she had the baby.
Sheri

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 6, 2014
She wanted more $$$$. To bad for the 142 families.
142dad

Crown Point, IN

#4 Mar 6, 2014
Sheri wrote:
She wanted more $$$$. To bad for the 142 families.
Maybe not so bad after all for the Families. Good thing we found this out now about her Loyalties being with the $$$ instead of the kids. Not denying she wants to better herself but, she shouldn't have taken the position in the first place if she knew she was going to bail out this soon. Just show US the Parents, we were just used to pay her Medical bills. I just wonder how many of the PTA parents will gloat over her now? Just my opinion but maybe when the School Board signs a new Supt., a contract should be signed stating that if they leave on their own, their pay automatically stops.
Bye Bye

Forest Park, IL

#6 Mar 7, 2014
Maybe if we had a functional board she would have stayed. We have people that don't show up, others that are clueless, like the one that stated kids don't need to know how to type. They don't have a clue about what is going on in the district.
142dad

Hammond, IN

#7 Mar 7, 2014
Bye Bye wrote:
Maybe if we had a functional board she would have stayed. We have people that don't show up, others that are clueless, like the one that stated kids don't need to know how to type. They don't have a clue about what is going on in the district.
Why should they have a functional board? As long as they can say they are involved Parents and their kids can be put on the top of the involvement list then who cares? On a serious note though, Can anyone explain how much it costs when they have the "School reach" phone calls made on the average of 4 a week to tell us about a Movie night to be followed up 10 minutes later to say about Market Day? Or when they print how many hundreds of copies and envelopes to let us know that the Supt. is bailing out? My Child came home with 4 copies of the same letter to announce the bail out of Courtney the other day. Really??!!
Bye Bye

Forest Park, IL

#8 Mar 7, 2014
I don't think the school reach calls cost anything. Well, they do cost something, but it doesn't matter if they send one or a million. They should have used that to announce the superintendent leaving.
Sad

Alsip, IL

#9 Mar 8, 2014
142dad wrote:
<quoted text>Why should they have a functional board? As long as they can say they are involved Parents and their kids can be put on the top of the involvement list then who cares? On a serious note though, Can anyone explain how much it costs when they have the "School reach" phone calls made on the average of 4 a week to tell us about a Movie night to be followed up 10 minutes later to say about Market Day? Or when they print how many hundreds of copies and envelopes to let us know that the Supt. is bailing out? My Child came home with 4 copies of the same letter to announce the bail out of Courtney the other day. Really??!!
If your kids go to 228 you will not get any waste of paper, as they won't even send you a report card. I think it's a good practice to have the board informing the parents.

In bhsd228 they treat the parents like mushrooms they keep us in the dark and feed us schit.
Marcos

United States

#10 Mar 8, 2014
And she's gonna be working for both districts at the same time! Interesting
Me too

Harvey, IL

#11 Mar 8, 2014
Marcos wrote:
And she's gonna be working for both districts at the same time! Interesting
I saw the article that says the Lemont school is having a meet and greet with her in late March or early April but she isn't leaving D142 until June 30th.
Citizen

United States

#12 Mar 9, 2014
I'm glad that 228 isn't wasting paper. Don't have to rely on papers making it to me from school. Anything I want to know I can find online. I like not having to wait for a report card, I can check my child's grades weekly. If I notice I decline I can take care of it right away.

What do you feel you aren't being told? Are you asking anyone about those things?
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
If your kids go to 228 you will not get any waste of paper, as they won't even send you a report card. I think it's a good practice to have the board informing the parents.
In bhsd228 they treat the parents like mushrooms they keep us in the dark and feed us schit.
Sad

Alsip, IL

#13 Mar 9, 2014
Citizen wrote:
I'm glad that 228 isn't wasting paper. Don't have to rely on papers making it to me from school. Anything I want to know I can find online. I like not having to wait for a report card, I can check my child's grades weekly. If I notice I decline I can take care of it right away.
What do you feel you aren't being told? Are you asking anyone about those things?
<quoted text>
The hardcopy has info your web page won't show you.
I'm not aware of any good school dist. That does not mail a report card home.
Marcos

United States

#14 Mar 9, 2014
Me too wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the article that says the Lemont school is having a meet and greet with her in late March or early April but she isn't leaving D142 until June 30th.
According to the article she starts in the new distruct May 1.... and leaves here June 30.
D228 Student

Des Plaines, IL

#15 Mar 15, 2014
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
If your kids go to 228 you will not get any waste of paper, as they won't even send you a report card. I think it's a good practice to have the board informing the parents.
In bhsd228 they treat the parents like mushrooms they keep us in the dark and feed us schit.
In district 228, they actually treat high school students like adults, and prepare them for their future college and job lives. In district 228, they believe that, if you can use your phone for facebook and twitter daily, you can be proactive and sign online to see your grades. If you don't care to see your grades, then don't go online. The administration at district 228 is also very understanding, and if you tell them you want a hard copy of your student's grades, they will send it to you without any hesitation. I would just think that going online would be quicker than waiting two days for mail.
Interesting

Forest Park, IL

#16 Mar 15, 2014
You are correct student. They are trying to prepare you for your future where your parents won't have access or the ability to control you and you are responsible for yourself. Something SAD is going to have trouble with from the sounds of it. You are correct, a simple phone call and you can have the hard copy.
D228 Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In district 228, they actually treat high school students like adults, and prepare them for their future college and job lives. In district 228, they believe that, if you can use your phone for facebook and twitter daily, you can be proactive and sign online to see your grades. If you don't care to see your grades, then don't go online. The administration at district 228 is also very understanding, and if you tell them you want a hard copy of your student's grades, they will send it to you without any hesitation. I would just think that going online would be quicker than waiting two days for mail.
HawkFan

United States

#17 Mar 15, 2014
The number of kids that attend college after graduating from 228 is probably less than 30 %. for the first year and less than 5% for the second year of college. The admin does not post these dismal stats. They let the kids use their phones because they can't control their own students, they gave up.
HawkFan

United States

#18 Mar 15, 2014
Some of the admin won't even post where they got their degree. I tthink Kendall went to Governors State.
Res

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 15, 2014
HawkFan wrote:
The number of kids that attend college after graduating from 228 is probably less than 30 %. for the first year and less than 5% for the second year of college. The admin does not post these dismal stats. They let the kids use their phones because they can't control their own students, they gave up.
I'm sure you can tell us where to look for these stats, or do you just have a bone to pick and are making them up. Ever consider that your kids might not be smart enough, or are disiplin problems and not capable of learning.
Alum

Houston, TX

#20 Mar 15, 2014
Res wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you can tell us where to look for these stats, or do you just have a bone to pick and are making them up. Ever consider that your kids might not be smart enough, or are disiplin problems and not capable of learning.
We're more concerned about our neighborhood. The stats are from being involved with 228. The only bone of contention I have is with the lack of education happening in 228. This affects my neighborhood and property values and everything that goes along with that. After graduating from 228 it's too late to help these kids.
Thanks for you concern for our kids. Maybe with a simple phone call you can get these stats posted on 228's. website. But I have found their info is often inaccurate, and always to their benefit.
142dad

Chicago, IL

#21 Mar 15, 2014
HawkFan, If less than 30% of the 228 students go to College the first year and 5% the second year, please help me pay the remaing $120,000.00 That would be One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Dollars in Loans for my Childs 4 year College Education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 6 min Plain 80
Illegal Dumping in Blue Island Illinois 2 hr Concerned 4
Mike Cornell 5 hr Officer Obee 32
The Truth Always Comes Out! 13 hr TheAccused 7
BIIP Cost Cutting Ideas 16 hr BIIP 17
Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club is a joke! (Sep '14) 17 hr Tall jim 24
Raciss Police 18 hr Concerned 6

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages