Millions missing from Village of Midl...
Facts Only

Midlothian, IL

#64 Dec 13, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Facts only, the finance committee has nothing to do with which accounts money comes out of. They only look at what needs to be paid, what can they cut, etc. The treasurer/mayor handle where the money comes out of. The finance committee is not to blame.
It is their responsibility to to discuss and approve the annual audit, is it not?
Bad News

Midlothian, IL

#65 Dec 14, 2013
Facts Only wrote:
<quoted text>
The previous administration? The previous administration includes all of the current trustees. The only changes are mayor and clerk, the clerk being a non-voting member of the board. The finance committee has had the same trustees for an excess of four years, Kreis, Killilea, and Moskal. The village gets audited annually. That being the case, if money was misappropriated, you would certainly have to look at the finance committee, which still has not changed under the current mayor. Blaming this on the previous "administration" is a stretch to say the least.
The problem is the way the money was misappropriated. The finance committee only looks at the bills that are submitted and the monies that are earned. The previous administrations learned how to pad the bills for their own benefit. This has been going on since Harry Raday was in office so it is nothing new. Tommy boy took over and kept it going. I don't think Terry actually stole anything but he knew about it and did nothing to stop it. I know that Kreis, Kililea and Moskal were not aware of the plundering until recently, but it is to late. Obviously it begs the question of should they have known? What everyone has to remember is the old administration was good at what they did. They were old school Illinois politicians who benefited financially from their positions. Anyone that has ever been around the village saw it but didn't care because out toilets flushed and our garbage was picked up. Now everyone wants to sit around and point the finger at someone else. We are all to blame for this mess. When Tommy boy bought his new home at a discounted rate there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. When Vince was appointed as the chief after working on Tommy boys campaign there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. When the promised water tower never appeared there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. When the village's health insurance rolls were padded with non-employees there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. If the village is not going to have a forensic audit and hold accountable those individuals that are responsible, then we are all crying over spilled milk.
the truth

Alsip, IL

#66 Dec 14, 2013
Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is the way the money was misappropriated. The finance committee only looks at the bills that are submitted and the monies that are earned. The previous administrations learned how to pad the bills for their own benefit. This has been going on since Harry Raday was in office so it is nothing new. Tommy boy took over and kept it going. I don't think Terry actually stole anything but he knew about it and did nothing to stop it. I know that Kreis, Kililea and Moskal were not aware of the plundering until recently, but it is to late. Obviously it begs the question of should they have known? What everyone has to remember is the old administration was good at what they did. They were old school Illinois politicians who benefited financially from their positions. Anyone that has ever been around the village saw it but didn't care because out toilets flushed and our garbage was picked up. Now everyone wants to sit around and point the finger at someone else. We are all to blame for this mess. When Tommy boy bought his new home at a discounted rate there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. When Vince was appointed as the chief after working on Tommy boys campaign there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. When the promised water tower never appeared there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. When the village's health insurance rolls were padded with non-employees there should have been hell raised but there wasn't. If the village is not going to have a forensic audit and hold accountable those individuals that are responsible, then we are all crying over spilled milk.
You are absolutely correct...but the people of this town should make a petition & DEMAND AN AUDIT- after all it is home rule + the residents should take that petition to Lisa Madigans office!!!
Doubting Thomas

Mundelein, IL

#67 Dec 21, 2013
This is another example of the complete ineptitude of our officials. So if this is true looks like we will be getting an awful small water tower for 200k. Well with the looks of the progress over on Cicero it may not be needed after all.

Maybe we could build village green 2.
doubtful

Alsip, IL

#68 Dec 21, 2013
Doubting Thomas wrote:
This is another example of the complete ineptitude of our officials. So if this is true looks like we will be getting an awful small water tower for 200k. Well with the looks of the progress over on Cicero it may not be needed after all.

Maybe we could build village green 2.
Hahaha. Now that's funny. Village green 2. That won't happen with Rybak in charge. She is not a frivolous spender like Stephens. It really is a shame what he did with the money. Hopefully she can fix it.
Pissed off VET

Chicago, IL

#69 Jan 8, 2014
You already have one of the jobs that were conveniently eliminated, you can stop sucking up to her now!
whatajoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at you touting how wonderful the previous administration was. It would be funny if it want so sad. You complain about the website? Ha! Well, Terry's girl is still taking care of it so I guess that explains the problems with timeliness. James Lang? He was a train wreck in this village from the beginning! The businesses that were brought in were looking elsewhere because he screwed up the deals so bad. Yep, Burke was fired and rightfully so! From the day she took office he walked around calling her names and letting her know that he could never work with her. Also, he and Vince and the previous 2 mayors can take their share of the blame in this Zamiar fiasco that's in the news today. There have been complaints about him for a long time and they covered his sorry butt instead of getting rid of him. He should have been placed on administrative leave long before Sharon became apprised of the situation and finally did something about it. In my opinion, everyone at that village that is left over from the previous administration needs to be let go. There is a sense of entitlement among them that is shameful and disgusting. Good riddance to them. Keep up the good work Sharon.
really

Alsip, IL

#70 Jan 9, 2014
Pissed off VET wrote:
<quoted text>You already have one of the jobs that were conveniently eliminated, you can stop sucking up to her now!
What job is that?
Taken back

Midlothian, IL

#71 Jan 12, 2014
Only an Inside person would know this. Castaneda, OShea, L'Heureux or The newest ass kisser Faber?
not too smart

Alsip, IL

#72 Jan 13, 2014
Taken back wrote:
Only an Inside person would know this. Castaneda, OShea, L'Heureux or The newest ass kisser Faber?
So basically, you are also an insider and admitting to the while thing? Good move. And not very smart on your part. I hope these so called ass kissers keep putting information out there and calling you dumb asses out.
really

United States

#73 Jan 13, 2014
Taken back wrote:
I can't help but notice that you only mention one trustee in that group. Funny, he's the one we like most. Based on that and the rest of the people you mention I would say your name is Vince. Way to show your hand there Vinnie. It sucks being the unpopular one, huh?
ohgreat

Chicago, IL

#74 Jan 13, 2014
Taken back wrote:
Faber is now involved in the Village? Only time her yap closes is when the lips wrap around,,,
hahaha

United States

#75 Jan 13, 2014
Taken back wrote:
At least they would tell the truth about it as you so readily admit here. So what about all those closed mouths up there? Kolacky, potempa, another casteneda? Let's see, who's character do I trust?
Amazing

Midlothian, IL

#76 Jan 13, 2014
Whether you were or are a supporter of Terry Stephens, or you are wanting to blame him for everything gone wrong in the village, you must remember one thing. Terry Stephens only voted on issues, with the exception of the consent agenda, when their was a tie vote. Terry Stephens and Jim Potempa were voted out. Everyone, repeat, everyone else on the board was reelected. Therefore you can't put everything on the back of Terry Stephens. Fair is fair!!!!!
Sad

Alsip, IL

#77 Feb 27, 2014
Midlo messenger reports Hotwagner and Kauffman both got raises by the mayor. There is no way to justify giving these guys a raise. It appears she is paying for friends.

Detective Handy jobs

Riverside, IL

#78 Feb 27, 2014
Is this a real story? If so, where can I find a reliable source?
snoopdog

Oak Forest, IL

#79 Feb 28, 2014
Detective Handy jobs wrote:
Is this a real story? If so, where can I find a reliable source?
Story of the raises was in the Messenger dated 2-20-14. Front page I think.
Interested

Lockport, IL

#80 Feb 28, 2014
Not sure about PD Chief, but FD Chief was still working off old Deputy Salary since interim days. This brought him up to Chief pay, still far short of the pay the previous chief received...and far less than area chiefs are being paid.

So not a merit raise...he is now making the scale for a chief in Midlothian...again, which has been lowered due to a tight budget.
Sad

Alsip, IL

#81 Feb 28, 2014
Interested wrote:
Not sure about PD Chief, but FD Chief was still working off old Deputy Salary since interim days. This brought him up to Chief pay, still far short of the pay the previous chief received...and far less than area chiefs are being paid.
So not a merit raise...he is now making the scale for a chief in Midlothian...again, which has been lowered due to a tight budget.
Why does Hotwagner send his kids to OFHS when he resides.in Jolly Homes ???
justabigkid

Matteson, IL

#82 Feb 28, 2014
Maybe he is divorced and his ex wife lives in the Oak Forest school district. This is just one of many scenerios for why the children may go out of district. Just do not understand why it seems most people on this site either

- jump to conclusions
- are a conspiracy theorist
- want every thing done for them because they pay HUGE taxes, yet Midlothian has the lowest taxes in Crook county.
- Will not do anything to help themselves or the community
Alan

Chicago, IL

#83 Feb 28, 2014
Lol my lucky day today. I found a wallet with $575 outside at a Speedway. Must be some losers lottery winnings. All mine I just threw the wallet in a ravine. Thanks I can buy a PS4 today!!.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
District 142 Board Member out of control 37 min get your facts 167
Tokar Fest 2017 1 hr PBRAMF 1
and there off The 2017 race for Mayor. 1 hr PBRAMF 32
The Blue Island Forum 2 hr Cocoa The Clown 4
Availability of New BI Ward Map 5 hr Clark 69
Garden Homes Fire District (Dec '15) 11 hr GHFPD 2
Looking for District 228 parents (May '15) 17 hr Resident 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages